Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

Tremor14

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Aviator
I gotta admit that I was skeptical that they would all be available. My local parts guy didn't act confident with whatever he was seeing on his screen when I was providing the part numbers.

But I declare, all showed up.

20220816_182619.jpg

20220816_182716.jpg

This 2022 is slowly becoming a 2022 with zero constraints or deletes.

Thanks again to all you fine gents that contributed to this thread. Yaw cool! 😁
I had ordered these back in August. They showed shipping on 8-24 and then disappeared. They told me they only had 2 of them and really didn't ship. I was about to give up and told them to cancel my order. Like magic, they shipped and just arrived. Now I just need a truck to install them in.

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
I had ordered these back in August. They showed shipping on 8-24 and then disappeared. They told me they only had 2 of them and really didn't ship. I was about to give up and told them to cancel my order. Like magic, they shipped and just arrived. Now I just need a truck to install them in.

I just received mine Thursday after ordering in July. Now I regret only ordering the front doors.
I just finished installing them. Not to bad. Took maybe 30 min for both. Cant wait till tonight to see how they look!

Sponsored

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
So while the new lights did look good, they only light up directly underneath where they are mounted. They dont project light towards the front of the door to the other pockets at all. In fact you really cant see them at all driving, so i can see why Ford decided to not install them anymore.

So my question is, We now have the lights that originally came in the door under the door handle as an extra part. Is there any reason we couldn't solder these into the harness and add these to the front pocket?

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
So while the new lights did look good, they only light up directly underneath where they are mounted. They dont project light towards the front of the door to the other pockets at all. In fact you really cant see them at all driving, so i can see why Ford decided to not install them anymore.

So my question is, We now have the lights that originally came in the door under the door handle as an extra part. Is there any reason we couldn't solder these into the harness and add these to the front pocket?

Can you provide a picture or better description of what youre wanting to do? keep in mind the ambient LEDs arent youre typical 12v LED

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
They are not. Without better documentation, I'm assuming they run like RGB Pixels. A lot of SMD based Pixels use a 4 wire controller. 1 wire for + power, one for - power, one for data, and the 4th depends on the chip. Some use it as a backup data, some a clock signal.

Either way, I'm assuming that if I connect all 4 wires by color say, at the plug, that the system wont know the difference. There is a nice little flat above the lower cup holder area, below the speaker that might take that led nicely. May have to add a diffuser so its not just an intense spot being so close.

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light 52434031601_ed2fbfb3d1_o

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Awesome camera work!

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
now I want them, but it's probably too late :(

I noticed though that they don't turn red when you open the doors. My '17 had that and I loved that feature. Let cars know at night you had the door open (since generally there are red reflectors)

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
now I want them, but it's probably too late :(
Never to late! They can take a bit, but they are still cranking them out.
Come on, you know you’ve been dying for an excuse to take those door panels off.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Never to late! They can take a bit, but they are still cranking them out.
Come on, you know you’ve been dying for an excuse to take those door panels off.
I have :) Anyone have a list of the part numbers instead of pulling them off images? I'll see if my normal place can get them. (my other issue was the absolutely stupid shipping prices they wanted for them)

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I have :) Anyone have a list of the part numbers instead of pulling them off images? I'll see if my normal place can get them. (my other issue was the absolutely stupid shipping prices they wanted for them)
I was surprised this thread didn't get more attention:

@Buyer2021 had a good write up about ordering parts from/shipped to dealers and using FordPass points here:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/fordpass-rewards-and-parts-ford-com.12204/

Please note it is parts.ford.com and not accessories.ford.com