OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Sorry guys I guess we got lucky on the first one we didn’t have to program anything
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Sorry guys I guess we got lucky on the first one we didn’t have to program anything

If it’s a “new(open box)” or “used” module, it may be programmed.

The one I have is new(open box), but I’m betting it came out of a truck that never escaped Chip purgatory, so it may have been programmed already. I’m not taking any chances though, the swath of Forscan changes I’m going to be making since I’ll be in there anyway… also been thinking about trailer camera wiring and just trying to be as complete as possible since I don’t feel like taking this thing apart a half dozen times, as fun as that sounds, I simply do not have the time.

Mayo77ca

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Ok. I decided to get back into the forscan and see what I was up against. Saved all original data. Then installed the new climate module with digital dials and then went into the HVAC MODULE. Was clearly different numerical values. Then wrote the original to the HVAC MODULE. Now all functions work except a few dtc’s but doesn’t seem to affect anything. Also says HVAC not programmed but is working fine. Thanks all for the help!!

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
This is a picture of the F-150 lighted cup holder I bought for the 2022 Lariat I have on order (build week 8/8 so far). One side has a depressed large area with a hole at the bottom.

Can anyone tell me what this is for and if it has anything to do with the swapping out of the 2022 cupholder for the 2021 lighted cupholder? Thanks!

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light Cup Holder F-150.JPG

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
This is a picture of the F-150 lighted cup holder I bought for the 2022 Lariat I have on order (build week 8/8 so far). One side has a depressed large area with a hole at the bottom.

Can anyone tell me what this is for and if it has anything to do with the swapping out of the 2022 cupholder for the 2021 lighted cupholder? Thanks!

Cup Holder F-150.JPG
Spot to insert keyfob to start truck if fob battery is low/dead. Should be on your existing cupholders, too.

samcarloso

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
VP Operations
Do you have to remove the trim that starts at near the push start button and runs across the cab to install cupholder lights and bin light? or can you just remove the two side trim pieces under the ac control panel?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Do you have to remove the trim that starts at near the push start button and runs across the cab to install cupholder lights and bin light? or can you just remove the two side trim pieces under the ac control panel?
If memory serves me right, you have to remove the HVAC unit to get those side pieces off and you have to remove that strip to get the HVAC unit out. To get that strip out you also have to remove the trim around the infotainment screen.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
If memory serves me right, you have to remove the HVAC unit to get those side pieces off and you have to remove that strip to get the HVAC unit out. To get that strip out you also have to remove the trim around the infotainment screen.

A member further up the page said he found it faster and easier to unbolt the console and slide it back. so might be a better/faster option.

samcarloso

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
VP Operations
A member further up the page said he found it faster and easier to unbolt the console and slide it back. so might be a better/faster option.
I saw that post as well. Just wish a video was posted to show which way was easier. I’ll be tackling this project very soon. I’m just nervous about tearing down the interior of a $80k truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I saw that post as well. Just wish a video was posted to show which way was easier. I’ll be tackling this project very soon. I’m just nervous about tearing down the interior of a $80k truck.

I dont understand peoples fear of taking the interior apart, it literally snaps together. unless you muscle F something its not going to break. youd have better luck breaking a lego. I get these trucks are expensive. I dont own an F150 so I cant make a video of this.

samcarloso

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
VP Operations
I dont understand peoples fear of taking the interior apart, it literally snaps together. unless you muscle F something its not going to break. youd have better luck breaking a lego. I get these trucks are expensive. I dont own an F150 so I cant make a video of this.
I agree. Truck is only 2 weeks old. But I usually don’t give a crap when I’ve had A little more time. It’s like my watches. The first 3 months is the honeymoon phase. After that I’m cutting the grass, going in to the ocean and camping with them.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I agree. Truck is only 2 weeks old. But I usually don’t give a crap when I’ve had A little more time. It’s like my watches. The first 3 months is the honeymoon phase. After that I’m cutting the grass, going in to the ocean and camping with them.
my 22 Super duty was home in my driveway for 30 min(had to piss and get a beer), my wife went to the grocery store, when she got back I had the console, the front seats and trim pulled out laying in the yard so I could build my power running board harness(you cant order a lariat and get power boards unless you buy the tremor package). So I had to install them from my 19 onto the 22 lol she hadnt even sat in the truck before I tore it apart

Ezdaddy

First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502A
Spot to insert keyfob to start truck if fob battery is low/dead. Should be on your existing cupholders, too.
Do you know if there is any learning/programming that needs to be done in regard to the key fob antenna when switching cup holder assemblies? I got the complete assembly with lights and antenna pre-installed. While I have it apart, it would be quite simple to swap the "old" antenna onto the new cupholder assembly if need be.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Do you know if there is any learning/programming that needs to be done in regard to the key fob antenna when switching cup holder assemblies? I got the complete assembly with lights and antenna pre-installed. While I have it apart, it would be quite simple to swap the "old" antenna onto the new cupholder assembly if need be.
Someone mentioned on this thread that it’s always best to remove the battery cable on all electronic / electrical installs- replacements. But I’m not sure…..but sounds like a safe action.
Sponsored