Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

Mayo77ca

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
I noticed that too. Heated cooled wheel and seats won’t light up. Only the fan speed operates at the moment. Even tho max AC lights up there is no air conditioning. A
Did you take a forscan backup of your '22s HVAC module and then load it and write it to your '21 HVAC module? If you don't do this it's not just the heated/cooled seats that won't work. At least in mine the ac light would light up, but no actual ac as well as a few other things
Did you take a forscan backup of your '22s HVAC module and then load it and write it to your '21 HVAC module? If you don't do this it's not just the heated/cooled seats that won't work. At least in mine the ac light would light up, but no actual ac as well as a few other things
I noticed this too. Ac lights up but no cooled air. No lights for steering wheel or seats. I don’t want to bother with forscan so I’m just bringing it to a ford dealer and hoping they can rewrite the original to the truck. I’ve used forscan in the past to change add features but don’t to relearn how to use it. Lol. I use Mac computers. I have an old windows laptop that takes. 24 hrs of updates every time I turn it on. Haha
Sponsored

C. Mays

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat; Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Project Management
Thanks to this thread I’ve ordered and received my “missing” lights. And thanks to this forum I’ve also ordered my HVAC control center to have digital displays. Ha. Can’t wait to get this all installed. Now I’m wondering if I should get the door lights. Lol

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Now that I have my truck, I really don't get the bustle about the temps in the dials. I don't want to look down to see the temp. Maybe if it was an actual little screen that showed red or blue with the temp, but even then, just put it up on the screen so I can see it without looking down.

I get that people want the gadgets that they want, all good, but it's been talked about like the biggest affront that they went away. *shrug*

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
Now that I have my truck, I really don't get the bustle about the temps in the dials. I don't want to look down to see the temp. Maybe if it was an actual little screen that showed red or blue with the temp, but even then, just put it up on the screen so I can see it without looking down.

I get that people want the gadgets that they want, all good, but it's been talked about like the biggest affront that they went away. *shrug*
I agree! Glad I waited for my truck to see if I would miss it but I don’t.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech

I kind of agree with you. I want my KR complete but I know I’m not getting two features but that’s ok - it is what it is…But the temps ( if I’m not mistaken) was being displayed already on the big screen as well as the dials……. I think 🤔, so for me No big deal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea, I had the 2021 and now the 2022.
It turns out that the temp dials don't bother me at all since the temps are still clearly displayed and it took very little time to re-trane where I look.

I miss the ambient lighting far more. I'm not in a huge rush, but I will be retrofitting the ambient lighting. It really adds to the ambiance in a fully dolled up truck.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
It turns out that the temp dials don't bother me at all since the temps are still clearly displayed and it took very little time to re-trane where I look.

I miss the ambient lighting far more. I'm not in a huge rush, but I will be retrofitting the ambient lighting. It really adds to the ambiance in a fully dolled up truck.
I think we talked maybe? Which truck do you have ?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think we talked maybe? Which truck do you have ?
2021 Platinum Powerboost (51 weeks)
2022 KingRanch Powerboost (2 months)

I've been very fortunate and both trucks have been exemplary. Although I had to do many hours of FDRS updates on the 2021 to get it to behave as polished as the 2022 came from the factory.

Whoever ended up with my 2021 really got a great truck.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech

That’s why I’m trying to get the correct parts numbers for the secondary ambient lighting for all the doors. I believe I have all the correct part numbers but I’m still scratching my head on the “passenger front part number. I’ll order what I think is correct plus the other mentioned number too for good measure ( and return what’s not needed).
I getting ready to order them and I’ll update my post & findings.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect

I get what you're saying. I did it because I got the HVAC module for $200. It was worth it to me and I'm a big technophile (hence the powerboost).

Could I live without it? Sure. Would I do it again? Nope. Was it fun? Heck yeah! I got to tear the thing apart. I've missed working on cars like that. I didn't need the LEDs with but it was fun.

Now that I've had it I could live without it but I really like the idea of the HVAC being separate from sync (even if maybe it's not really). I even removed the temps from the sync screen, but I may put those back.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s why I’m trying to get the correct parts numbers for the secondary ambient lighting for all the doors. I believe I have all the correct part numbers but I’m still scratching my head on the “passenger front part number. I’ll order what I think is correct plus the other mentioned number too for good measure ( and return what’s not needed).
I getting ready to order them and I’ll update my post & findings.
That would be really generous of you.
I am patient and more than willing to wait until someone like you has sorted out the parts list.

I'm not afraid to do the actual labor in the truck, but I would like to avoid the parts order confusion. :)

Thanks ahead of time.

C. Mays

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat; Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Project Management
While I’m waiting for my harness I decided to go ahead and install all the lighting and see what it’ll take to install the harness. Wasn’t too bad. I do have the connector for the bin light and it had power. So, that light works. I did find the connector for the glove box light tucked behind the climate controls but it doesn’t have power.

Mayo77ca

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Rereading this and trying to understand, but do you mean I should have made a copy of the HVAC module (2022) BEFORE I switched it to the one with digital display (2021 version). Then try to load it to the new after I install? Like save it to a usb and then send it to the new? I didn’t do this. I wonder if I should switch it back then save the info?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Rereading this and trying to understand, but do you mean I should have made a copy of the HVAC module (2022) BEFORE I switched it to the one with digital display (2021 version). Then try to load it to the new after I install? Like save it to a usb and then send it to the new? I didn’t do this. I wonder if I should switch it back then save the info?
Yes. You use forscan to save the HVAC modules setting to disk, swap in the '21 and write them to it.

I fully installed mine and had to do the same thing. Take it apart, hook up my '22, grab the data, then hook back up the '21 and write it to that one.

Edit: fixed some typos... What the hell is it with getting older and not being able to type on phones?!? I didn't have this problem a couple of years ago...lol

Last edited:

Mayo77ca

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Yes. You use forscan to save the HVAC modules setting to disk, swap in the '21 and write them to it.
ok. I got a license and ready to go. Now I can save all the “as built” modules. This is where I’m getting a little confused. Which is the HVAC module that I have to rewrite to the 2021 digital cluster when reinstall it?

I fully installed mine and had to do the same thing. Take it apart, hook up my '22, grab the data, then hook back up the '21 and write it to that one.

Edit: fixed some typos... What the hell is it with getting older and not being able to type on phones?!? I didn't have this problem a couple of years ago...lol
S
Sponsored