First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
im a little late to this thread, but if you get the color changing door lights, you can set the door lights to turn red in the BCM when door is opened.
this would be cool but not sure its worth all the hassle. its a shame ford did something with the software to kill using RGB. I'm still trying to stomach adding the door lighting they took out haha
Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
I just received mine Thursday after ordering in July. Now I regret only ordering the front doors.
I just finished installing them. Not to bad. Took maybe 30 min for both. Cant wait till tonight to see how they look!
Do you have any pictures of the door panels removed and existing wiring harnesses? I'm just curious as to what is behind the panel; was only the small black single connector light present and plugged into the large gray energized connector -And you removed it and installed the complete wiring harness with the same large Gray connector w/ two lights for the door?
I have all the door lighting with complete harnesses to install - once I get my KR (hopefully in about 3 weeks)
Thanks

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Bottom Line Up Front, Yes, completely shift-by-wire, no cables. The console is connected via the Grey harness on passenger side and a USB connector on driver side. That's It. The rear climate vents goes into a funnel for easy reassembly.
My opinion: it's way easy to slide the center console back. I'll do my best to express with words. There are plastic beauty pieces you have to pull off first. That'll expose the bolts. (2) bolts that attach to the firewall and (4) along the base of the console. Unplug the harnesses and slide the whole thing back... Picture shows it pulled back about 8". This is why my harness was more difficult to connect. I had to slide the console forward while routing the wires through the dash. Ideally, I would incorporate another quick disconnect adjacent to the factory grey connector but I don't want to give JHForman any more hassle. He already did a solid job. ;)

PXL_20220619_042205161.MP.jpg
I just received my 22 Lariat today. I popped off the pretty side pieces of the console and could only see 10mm bolts underneath the front media charger bin. I put my seat all the way forward and found a bolt towards the rear of the console down low on the passenger side. Is this one of the bolts and what am I still missing? Thanks for the reply from any of you that have already completed this project. I do have all my parts and two harnesses from JH.
[/QUOTE]
@NDakBoom, In my photo, does the two connectors go together?
And would it have been a little easier if the wiring harness running to the glove box been a little longer- as not to have to slide the console forward at the same time??. Is that what you meant?
Thanks

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light B64BDD46-27B1-4820-883B-4E06472EE53B

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
I have had a lot of good luck with varsity Ford
+1 for Varsity Ford. I've bought parts through them in the past and that's who I ordered my truck through this year. I have no negative experiences with Varsity Ford. Nice people, too

NDakBoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Sport Appearance
I just received my 22 Lariat today. I popped off the pretty side pieces of the console and could only see 10mm bolts underneath the front media charger bin. I put my seat all the way forward and found a bolt towards the rear of the console down low on the passenger side. Is this one of the bolts and what am I still missing? Thanks for the reply from any of you that have already completed this project. I do have all my parts and two harnesses from JH.
And would it have been a little easier if the wiring harness running to the glove box been a little longer- as not to have to slide the console forward at the same time??. Is that what you meant?
Thanks

B64BDD46-27B1-4820-883B-4E06472EE53B.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
If that's the cable you disconnected when sliding the console back, then yes, they go back together.

Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Thanks

B64BDD46-27B1-4820-883B-4E06472EE53B.jpeg
If that's the cable you disconnected when sliding the console back, then yes, they go back together.
[/QUOTE]
I was just looking at the photo and I as wondering about it. Thanks

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Is there no YouTube video for this? All I want is the cup holders.
Do you have ambient lighting? If you don’t you can’t add them(yet) I’m trying to come up with a solution. I don’t think a video has been made cause it’s pretty straight forward. I don’t own an F150 so I couldn’t make a video if I wanted

LariatOfFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 XLT
Do you have ambient lighting? If you don’t you can’t add them(yet) I’m trying to come up with a solution. I don’t think a video has been made cause it’s pretty straight forward. I don’t own an F150 so I couldn’t make a video if I wanted
Yes I have a Lariat 502A with the ambient lighting.

Sponsored

lexustbs

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
FL3Z-14A318-Q - driver side foot well

FL3Z-14A411-F - passenger side front footwell light

FL3Z-14A318-L - driver seat light

FL3Z-14A318-N - passenger seat light

FL3Z-13C724-D - Front/Left (Driver) Door

FL3Z-14A318-Y - Front/Right (Passenger) Door

FL3Z-13C724-F - Rear/Left (Driver) Door:

FL3Z-13C724-E - Rear/Right (Passenger) Door

That should be all the lights needed to put color change back in.

those are all the color changing light part numbers remember on the F150 you guys cant turn on color change cause ford did something. but the door open change to red does work its been done. its a BCM change that still works. the harnesses are different how much different I dont konw but they can be put in.
What part number and quantity for the screws that hold these lights in position? Thanks

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
What part number and quantity for the screws that hold these lights in position? Thanks
Check out tab / (page 27 -almost to the end of the thread) Simple stainless pan screws for the door lighting

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Update on my order from WhiteBear Lake Ford, really hoping I get the full proper cup holder, fingers crossed.

"One or more of your parts have been special ordered from Ford, and will be ready to ship to you in 1-2 business days. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, and we appreciate your patience."

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
I’ve searched and not found enough info so I thought I would ask here.

1. Will the front (2022 non-lighted) cup holder fit in the rear of the center console? I’m asking because I hate that cups just flop around back there. I want the fingers in the rear console cup holders. If not, does anyone know the part number for the 2021 rear center console cup holders with the fingers?

2. I have all the parts for the front cup holder, media bin light, globe box light and door panel lights. How bright is the media bin light? I tend to leave the door open and am concerned about the brightness of the light but don’t want to necessarily dim the other accent lights.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Update on my order from WhiteBear Lake Ford, really hoping I get the full proper cup holder, fingers crossed.

"One or more of your parts have been special ordered from Ford, and will be ready to ship to you in 1-2 business days. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, and we appreciate your patience."

I havent heard of anyone getting an incomplete cup holder in a LONG time now.
Sponsored