Crystal Fusion windshield treatment?

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
Dealer is asking if I want Crystal Fusion windshield treatment? Sounds like a hybrid between a Rain-X like product + an insurance product that will repair/replace windshield from chips or cracks. 5 year warranty on windshield if I get it, no questions asked. Big price tag, like $2500. Any of you know what this is or if it's any better than Rain-X? Seems like an easy pass... :)
Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
At $2,500 I would hard pass. At $500 I would take it - but then again I do a lot of driving where windshield damage isn't uncommon. I had it on my Tundra and it easily paid for itself - especially since my insurance only covers free repairs but requires I pay the deductible for replacements.

Seeing you're up the road in Big Sky I would imagine windshield damage is a frequent event. Just depends on what is covered by your insurance to determine what the value is to you.

OP
OP

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
At $2,500 I would hard pass. At $500 I would take it - but then again I do a lot of driving where windshield damage isn't uncommon. I had it on my Tundra and it easily paid for itself - especially since my insurance only covers free repairs but requires I pay the deductible for replacements.

Seeing you're up the road in Big Sky I would imagine windshield damage is a frequent event. Just depends on what is covered by your insurance to determine what the value is to you.
I'm getting more details but turns out the $2,500 is a much broader dings, chips, cracks coverage that covers doors and paint. I'll get the full details. I will also try to get a breakout for the Crystal Fusion standalone just to share the pricing on that. Agree that Montana and the roads I drive are terrible for windshields... feels like half the time I'm on a gravel road or I'm behind a gravel truck! ???
Sponsored