Sponsored

Crowdsourced questions for your F-150 test drives

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
No, we still don't have an answer from Ford. I've tried to contact them on FB and via their website, but they just keep directing me to a dealership. I've contacted two dealerships and they have no idea.

If you find out anything, please let me know.
Thank you! Will do.
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
No picture requests... but assuming it is the same traveling team, do they know when they will get west of phoenix?!? Like, northern california plans if any at all...
There are like 3-4 of these events in So Texas
Went to one yesterday that I was not pre signed up for and asked about this.
The guy informed me that as far as he was aware, there was no intention of going west of Arizona.

That would most likely just leave Tucson, Phoenix & possibly Kingman.
(Weather would probably prevent Flagstaff)

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Went to a test drive event yesterday to just snoop around a bit.
I am registered for a Saturday event in a different part of the city and will go to that one as well.

I chose the extended cab STX for the ride as it will be the closest to what I ordered without getting into a lot of stuff I was not interested in.

This vehicle had the 2.7 EcoBoost and 4x4
Gotta say, for an engine that is smaller than my Ranger engine, this thing was pretty peppy, and quite suitable for the masses in my territory.

(I’m still getting the v8 tho)

Cabin was pretty tight, and was impressed with that as well.
Someone commented here about the concerns of security rattles due to a lack of a “B” pillar and suicide doors.
This is a concern of mine as well (long term) as I despise rattles and squeaks, but as long as the vehicle is not used as an off-road toy or pasture truck, it should not be an issue for a few years anyway.
I was pleased with how solid everything sounded and felt while closing the doors.

My truck will predominately be a commuter/ backup vehicle combined but will in no way be babied for it’s entire life.
For the last 5 yrs or so, the Ranger has just been a backup vehicle (less than 5000 miles in the last 3 yrs)

But, the new vehicle will eventually be asked to carry or tow more than it was designed to do. It will be asked to go places where only horses have no issues moving about.
It will get dirty, it will be left in the rain with windows down, but hopefully it will keep me mobile for at least 15 yrs

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Great day......four ride-n-drives scheduled for the Denver, Colorado area...........This should help with the big wait..............Ford sent me an offer

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Great day......four ride-n-drives scheduled for the Denver, Colorado area...........This should help with the big wait..............Ford sent me an offer
A rebate offer? If so how much was it and when does it expire?