Sponsored

Crowdsourced questions for your F-150 test drives

igor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
These are some excellent photos and I am sure they are going to be very helpful to those still making some decisions. For the foreseeable future I will have kids boosters in the back seat, so using the rear storage is going to be few and far between, as folding the seats up will be occasional at best. I am likely going to order it anyway, as we will use the truck for traveling and I can load those up when we pack out.
Yep! with 2 child seats, my rear seat NEVER goes up......I would love this storage option, but would never have a chance to use it....
Sponsored

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
These are some excellent photos and I am sure they are going to be very helpful to those still making some decisions. For the foreseeable future I will have kids boosters in the back seat, so using the rear storage is going to be few and far between, as folding the seats up will be occasional at best. I am likely going to order it anyway, as we will use the truck for traveling and I can load those up when we pack out.
^ this. Precisely my situation. Just seems like in this scenarios, for the price, would be silly not to get it.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Been there with the child seats! Boy am I glad that phase is done :) Forgot how inconvenient that would be. So then you guys can just use the space like I currently do today and just slide stuff under it (mostly my reuseable grocery bags, but currently also spare hand sanitizer and disposable facemasks) which you couldn't do if the storage was flipped up. Makes sense!

And the main convenience I had thought of was just keeping things from flopping around but over the life of the truck I felt that SOME use will come up that I haven't thought of and it was worth the upgrade.

ihsoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat
Hi All, I just got my reminder text for my test drive tomorrow, and was planning to take my 15-year old with me to ride along, but the text says guests must be 16 or older?

Just curious if anyone has taken an "underage" guest and what the check-in / guest process looked like? Can I just say that he's 16 and be good?

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
i'm going to another event tomorrow.... any more pictures of something specific needed?

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Hi All, I just got my reminder text for my test drive tomorrow, and was planning to take my 15-year old with me to ride along, but the text says guests must be 16 or older?

Just curious if anyone has taken an "underage" guest and what the check-in / guest process looked like? Can I just say that he's 16 and be good?
They ask for drivers license when you arrive in order to register whether you drive or sit in the back.

ihsoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat
They ask for drivers license when you arrive in order to register whether you drive or sit in the back.
Thanks, so does that mean that there's no issue with him sitting in the back? Or that he wouldn't be allowed to ride at all?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Thanks, so does that mean that there's no issue with him sitting in the back? Or that he wouldn't be allowed to ride at all?
Well we didn’t have anyone with us under the age of 16. I just know that anyone that was riding in the back and never driving was required to show their drivers license

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
i'm going to another event tomorrow.... any more pictures of something specific needed?
No picture requests... but assuming it is the same traveling team, do they know when they will get west of phoenix?!? Like, northern california plans if any at all...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
No picture requests... but assuming it is the same traveling team, do they know when they will get west of phoenix?!? Like, northern california plans if any at all...

Seems like that don’t show a full calendar for whatever reason. On the test drive signup page, the dates and venues change every couple of days. You’ll have to keep checking.

Based off of the photos, it looks like there are at least a few different teams with different trucks in varying specifications.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

I bet they won't care, just have him sign in.

Can you ask them if there is an override for the power shiftier in case it fails and won't come up?

ihsoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat
I bet they won't care, just have him sign in.

Can you ask them if there is an override for the power shiftier in case it fails and won't come up?
Unfortunately they claimed that for insurance purposes nobody under 16 could be in the vehicles at all, so probably best I left him at home.

Regarding the shifter override, they didn't know for sure, but supposedly somebody else asked about it this morning as well.

I looked for something obvious in the Platinum Powerboost I drove, but didn't immediately see any small pinholes or other options, but was assured that like the rest of the components, it had been extensively tested for durability. ;)

Also confirmed that Wireless Carplay was included throughout the lineup, and power running boards can be manually deployed via the main display, or via kick to deploy/retract.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
@currybob I'm not sure if anyone ever mounts a gooseneck hitch on a 5.5' bed - I wouldn't do it on less than a 6.5' because when you turn, the overhang would smash into the back window.

I'm reading that the hitch would normally be mounted on the center line of the rear axle, or slightly in front. And you need about 36" of clearance to the back window.

https://www.doubledtrailers.com/how-to-position-a-gooseneck-hitch-in-your-truck-bed/
Did you learn anything further on this? I am interested in confirming compatibility with 5-th wheel towing and PB. We are looking for a 6.5' bed on Platinum and PB. Our preference would be to have Anderson Ultimate rail hitch, but open to gooseneck as well. But, would like a confirmed answer before committing to spend 70+K on the truck.

Is there a way to get an official / reliable answer from Ford or another source?

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
Did you learn anything further on this? I am interested in confirming compatibility with 5-th wheel towing and PB. We are looking for a 6.5' bed on Platinum and PB. Our preference would be to have Anderson Ultimate rail hitch, but open to gooseneck as well. But, would like a confirmed answer before committing to spend 70+K on the truck.

Is there a way to get an official / reliable answer from Ford or another source?
No, we still don't have an answer from Ford. I've tried to contact them on FB and via their website, but they just keep directing me to a dealership. I've contacted two dealerships and they have no idea.

If you find out anything, please let me know.
Sponsored