Agashi25

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Mine was built on 2/3. Shows shipping of 12 days and delivery to my dealer on 3/26. 43 days to go 500 mi.. insane.
OMG. We’re sorta in the same boat. Insane
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
built 1/22 shipped 1/23 picked up 2/2 in Sacramento. ETA was 2/17
EXACTLY! Why does mine take 5 weeks to Sacramento?? Just sitting on "ramp 59" for 9 days now. Yours only took 11 days to arrive!

Ford F-150 Crazy Shipping Timeframes 1613101078371

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Same. It feels like when you order standard vs 2 day shipping. Sometimes you can track your package and they literally will just let it sit at the post office in your neighborhood until it hits the 5-7 day window, because that was the original quote.

Mine has an ETA 5 weeks from when it was built. I have no idea why it would take 5 weeks to CA when someone in Vegas or AZ (forget which one) had 3 weeks from Dearborn. Well, as of last Thursday it was sitting at ramp 59 in Dearborn. Today's update? It is sitting on ramp 59. It's like somehow they PLANNED AHEAD for this particular truck to sit and wait. If I could have picked "2 day shipping" I would have so it gets put on the train!
I live in California, my ship date from Kansas was 1-14, ETA 2-15, my dealer called me on 1-26 to tell me the truck was in . Keep your hopes up.

Ford F-150 Crazy Shipping Timeframes 1613101544267

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I live in California, my ship date from Kansas was 1-14, ETA 2-15, my dealer called me on 1-26 to tell me the truck was in . Keep your hopes up.

1613101544267.png
I *was* hopeful as I thought it would ship within a few days, just like seemingly EVERYONE else's after produced. Yet it has sat on a ramp 9 days now. So I'm starting to get worried and less hopeful. I need it on a train in the next few days or I'm not even going to make the ETA date.

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Just for conversation purposes, suppose they are building the truck less a semiconductor chip, putting it aside, until it comes in then ship. Found an article that said “Some automakers, like GM and Ford, have confirmed plans to partially build products and store them until supplies for the vehicles become available”. Built but not really.
Article https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/11/how...lion-global-chip-shortage-for-automakers.html

Last edited:

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Remember in November when they had 7000 trucks in the parking lot and they were busing workers out there that definitely delayed shipment

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Just for conversation purposes, suppose they are building the truck less a semiconductor chip, putting it aside, until it comes in then ship. Found an article that said “Some automakers, like GM and Ford, have confirmed plans to partially build products and store them until supplies for the vehicles become available”. Built but not really.
Article https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/11/how...lion-global-chip-shortage-for-automakers.html
That’s my speculation as well. The delay sure seems more than what it would take to get a bed liner. We will never know but that’s my guess.

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
That’s my speculation as well. The delay sure seems more than what it would take to get a bed liner. We will never know but that’s my guess.
Makes sense. Logic would dictate that if you have an ETA set then you're truck will probably get built on schedule. Or not. Who knows, I've convinced myself of about 30 different scenarios.

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Makes sense. Logic would dictate that if you have an ETA set then you're truck will probably get built on schedule. Or not. Who knows, I've convinced myself of about 30 different scenarios.
To add to the “chip” speculation, my guess is shipping will get back to normal next week. I believe next week Ford plans to go back to full shifts so they must have a bunch of chips coming in. Again I have no idea but just trying to match what make sense with what we know.
Regardless, if I ever order another truck I will do an aftermarket spray in liner. :)

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
My truck arrived two weeks early, the Ford tracker said still in transit only an hour before the dealership called to say it had just rolled in.

Edit: the Ford tracker still said “in transit” long after I parked t new truck in my driveway.

Kansas city, took about two weeks from build date.

Last edited:

fordman2112

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum , Rapid Red Powerboost, BAP
Occupation
retired
Mine took 14 day's to get from Kansas City to Maryland. Pretty quick i thought. Let's hope everyone has the same luck.

LIVRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, escape
Occupation
Engineer

1613101544267.png
Did your vin tracker adjust accordingly to the life dates that you had? Mine is stuck in "In Production "

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Did your vin tracker adjust accordingly to the life dates that you had? Mine is stuck in "In Production "
ordered 11-1-20, in production starting 12-29-20, Tracker said shipped on the 14th. Got it on 1-26-21
Sponsored