Sponsored

Cracked Front Diff Housing

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
What was the date of that repair?
After hearing about this and IWE noise with some early bearing failure on a few early trucks. I’d be inclined to think they are related.
Good thing is, it’s only happening to few trucks so far. It’s Likely a new diff housing from later production should mitigate.

Last edited:

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Short of whacking the case on a large rock... This just has to be a casting fault by Ford's supplier.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Short of whacking the case on a large rock... This just has to be a casting fault by Ford's supplier.
In 2021 I know businesses had to get aluminum from some places they would have never gone to before.

Sponsored

Rippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
After hearing about this and IWE noise with some early bearing failure on a few early trucks. I’d be inclined to think they are related.
Good thing is, it’s only happening to few trucks so far. It’s Likely a new diff housing from later production should mitigate.
They must have got my replacement from the "old" casting bin since it only made it 7000 miles before cracking again. I hope the next one will make it longer than two oil changes. They should give you a free hat and a bag of floor dry with each purchase....

Rippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
What was the date of that repair?

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
They must have got my replacement from the "old" casting bin since it only made it 7000 miles before cracking again. I hope the next one will make it longer than two oil changes. They should give you a free hat and a bag of floor dry with each purchase....
If ur all stock suspension, something has to be wrong with the geometry of that axle and hub or this would happen to a lot more trucks. IMHO

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Not yet, but i cant rule anything out on my 2021 Plat.....

Sponsored

Rippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If ur all stock suspension, something has to be wrong with the geometry of that axle and hub or this would happen to a lot more trucks. IMHO
Completely stock. 95% of miles in 2WD (highway). I use 4WD on snowy roads. Pretty much use it like a car. Very disappointing.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Completely stock. 95% of miles in 2WD (highway). I use 4WD on snowy roads. Pretty much use it like a car. Very disappointing.
Hopefully the dealer will figure out the cause this time. That’s a tuff predicament to be in.

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Have these issues all been on 21' models? I have used 4x4 for a few hundred miles on my 22 and haven't had issues, but I also haven't applied much power while in reverse. If mine is going to break I sure hope it happens before warranty is up.

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Space White 3.5 S-crew. 89 Mustang Notch
The only reason I haven't lifted my 22.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I've thought about this one... Unless you somehow whacked the case on a rock (pretty difficult I think!), or pounded it yourself with a big hammer (really?), there is just no way it can be anything other than a casting flaw... Nothing elase adds up. Ford needs to stand up on this one and just give you a new differential.
Sponsored