Sponsored

Could a Platinum (or Limited) be Ordered without Power Running Boards?

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Stupid question for the experts out there... but could a high-end truck (Plat or Limited) which come standard with power running boards, somehow be ordered with fixed ones?

In deciding between Lariat & Platinum -- the one thing I didn't like about the platinum is the fact that I couldn't get fixed running boards. The moving ones are noisy, either in the way or non existent, and a potential thing to break. I also understand, that they are a potential manufacturing constraint right now?
Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I've had fixed and moving. Power running boards are the best feature I've ever had, right up there with tailgate bed step because they put the step right where you can actually use it, and get out of the way when you don't want it. But you can remove them easily and replace with trouser dirtiers that are too high for normal use if you prefer. :cool:

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I think the power boards on GMs are loud, Ford's aren't bad. Perhaps their the same supplier and I'm imagining things?

Sponsored

OP
OP

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Obviously the thread got derailed a bit into whether I'd want them.

My question is -- is it even possible to order without them?

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Obviously the thread got derailed a bit into whether I'd want them.

My question is -- is it even possible to order without them?
I still can't answer the question exactly, but consult the order guides and or your dealer. There are times they have more finite discretion and can remove options you are not allowed to when configuring online. I believe the order guide lets them know whether an option can be deleted. You'll may run into an expensive proposition however if they are part of a package. You may have to remove a package and then add the things you want back individually or start with a lower trim truck like a Lariat and max it out with all of the options.

OP
OP

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I still can't answer the question exactly, but consult the order guides and or your dealer. There are times they have more finite discretion and can remove options you are not allowed to when configuring online. I believe the order guide lets them know whether an option can be deleted. You'll may run into an expensive proposition however if they are part of a package. You may have to remove a package and then add the things you want back individually or start with a lower trim truck like a Lariat and max it out with all of the options.
The option to remove it is definitely not in the order guide. I guess my question is -- does Ford have any sort of ability to do "custom"?
Sponsored