Sponsored

Costco or X Plan pricing? Which is best?

RoccoL

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer
Occupation
IT
Hey all, wanted to see if anyone knew which program had the better pricing? I am entitled to X plan through my job but am also a Costco member. Does anyone have insight into which would give the better deal?

Thanks again!
Rocco
Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I looked a while back and costco didn’t have Ford pricing. If it’s available for you it may be a regional or local participating dealership thing.

I used the costco pricing as a negotiation tactic when I bought my wife’s 2020 Subaru Outback. The Costco pricing was $500 over invoice. You have to find a dealer who is a Costco partner that will agree to sell you the specific car at that rate.

If you can find a Ford dealer that will do a similar deal, X plan will be better as it limits the total fees that a dealer can charge to $100. In my state every dealer tacks on close to $750 or more of “mandatory” fees.

Last edited:

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Use the Costco website to obtain invoice pricing take 3% (3%-5% under invoice is offered by dealers on this site) off that and compare that to the xplan price you have. That will give you an idea of what's available and how xplan compares.

OP
OP
RoccoL

RoccoL

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer
Occupation
IT
I looked a while back and costco didn’t have Ford pricing. If it’s available for you it may be a regional or local participating dealership thing.

I used the costco pricing as a negotiation tactic when I bought my wife’s 2020 Subaru Outback. The Costco pricing was $500 over invoice. You have to find a dealer who is a Costco partner that will agree to sell you the specific car at that rate.

If you can find a Ford dealer that will do a similar deal, X plan will be better as it limits the total fees that a dealer can charge to $100. In my state every dealer tacks on close to $750 or more of “mandatory” fees.
Thanks! I had no idea that x plan capped dealer fees, much appreciated!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Hey all, wanted to see if anyone knew which program had the better pricing? I am entitled to X plan through my job but am also a Costco member. Does anyone have insight into which would give the better deal?

Thanks again!
Rocco
If you're ordering vs lot purchase and willing to go to Philly or DC, you can do better than both X-plan and Costco.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...n-new-f150-sd-orders-chapman-of-horsham.3737/

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...dge-ford-offering-up-to-5-below-invoice.5844/

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/3-under-invoice-2022-f-150-order-granger-ford.353/

EDIT: just realized this was a bumped old thread, but I'll leave my post for history and other's searches.
Sponsored