Sponsored

Cooling Seats; Heated Seats (front) and Heated Steering Wheel not working

kb3421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2013 F150 XLT
Anybody else have the front heated/cooling seats and heated steering wheel buttons stop working? Rear heated seats work fine. I've recently spent the last few days doing updates via FDRS so I don't know if it is a coincidence or not.
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Anybody else have the front heated/cooling seats and heated steering wheel buttons stop working? Rear heated seats work fine. I've recently spent the last few days doing updates via FDRS so I don't know if it is a coincidence or not.
I generally only hear of this when people swap the HVAC module. Did you swap that? Any other mods?

OP
OP

kb3421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nope, only installed what was listed under "updates".

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
If you still have access to FDRS, click on the HVAC button on the left (selects the module itself), on the bottom right you should see a "HVAC - PMI" option (and a few others above it, you just want HVAC specific PMI). Go ahead and run it and it should bring it back. That programs replacement parts as well as reprograms current ones.

OP
OP

kb3421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OK so I did that, but no dice. Should I run the other HVAC ones?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
This seems to be an issue sometimes with the DSM update.

Im not 100% sure the fix on it. It happened to a few people a while back when the DSM update was released.

Run A self test on the DSM.

See what happens. If not it seems the update is corrupted. There is another guy same issue right now after doing the update recently

OP
OP

kb3421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just did the DSM self test. No change. How do you know of others with the same issue?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
:)

You probably can't imagine his message box.

OP
OP

kb3421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any thoughts on what to do? Kinda ticked off that my $70k+ truck has non working features now. I know if I take it to the dealer, it will be days or weeks and still no guarantee of a fix. That's why I spent the $ on the Mongoose and FDRS license.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I would hire the guru. :)
I don't think he can be stumped if the customer can accommodate whatever is necessary.

Not every customer is willing, I suspect. (example: sending a module to him to sideload)

Regardless of what you decide, the dealership would be the last place I would go to. For more than the reasons you pointed out.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There is actually a guy going through this right now. The last guy that did was last year.. RapidRedTide or something like that.

We would have to try and reflash the DSM. It was the update though. Some were affected and some not. Ill be honest dont know the exact parameters of the why.

My option would be to flash the 23 files and see what happens. Other than that you would need to get a DSM if you dont want to deal with the dealer

OP
OP

kb3421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There is actually a guy going through this right now. The last guy that did was last year.. RapidRedTide or something like that.

We would have to try and reflash the DSM. It was the update though. Some were affected and some not. Ill be honest dont know the exact parameters of the why.

My option would be to flash the 23 files and see what happens. Other than that you would need to get a DSM if you dont want to deal with the dealer
So how do I flash as you suggest?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So how do I flash as you suggest?
I would have to remote in and flash it. It isnt anything that can be done very easily.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this heated seat concern? Thank you!
Sponsored