Sponsored

Cooled seats LOUD and are turning on my themselves?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I got in my truck this morning and I heart this loud "static" sound. If I moved my head back and forth it would change in intensity. I thought maybe it was a blown speaker and I turned off the radio. Still there. I thought maybe it was the ac so I turned it off. Still there.

Finally I realized that the drivers side cooled seat was on. I didn't turn it on though and until today (got the truck Friday) they have never turned on even if the truck was hot inside.

I turn off the cooled seat and it went away, but the heated seat turned on. I turned that off and the heater steering wheel turned on. I turned that off and the heated seat turned back on and finally after that it was ok. I'm not 100% sure but I could have fat fingered this and been hitting the buttons next to them so for now not considering this an issue.

Anywho, I got to the store and when I came back out, the cooled seat turned on again by itself. Note that I'm NOT using remote start. I'm getting in and turning on the truck.

I went into the sync settings and turned off auto seats and steering wheel on remote start. It has not done it again

So... 2 things:
1) is anyone else's cooled seats really loud? And
2) should the remote start setting for the cooled/heated seats take effect even when not remote starting?!

*Mods: I couldn't find a sub forum for the cooling/heating system but feel free to move this to a more relevant place if this isn't the right place.
Sponsored

BAJ

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
My ventilated, cooled seats are incredibly loud. So much do, I seldom use them. I'm sure there's not too much the dealer can do with them either. My dealer hasn't been able to fix much of anything that I complain about!!!

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
My ventilated, cooled seats are incredibly loud. So much do, I seldom use them. I'm sure there's not too much the dealer can do with them either. My dealer hasn't been able to fix much of anything that I complain about!!!
Yeah I'm kinda disappointed in it since it's a $70k truck. My '17 lariat you could barely hear them. I have no idea what they've done in these newer models.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Mine just started but not loud enough to annoy me. Almost 13k miles on it. Maybe too many beans. ?
But thinking if you set a profile and those settings are on, the truck may just turn them on if it’s hot out or heat when cold. I think mine is that way. I see you’re in Fl.
Try put the settings back, turn off the seats manually then save your profile. Also, does anyone else have a fob with their personal settings that also use your truck? Just a thought.

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Mine just started but not loud enough to annoy me. Almost 13k miles on it. Maybe too many beans. ?
But thinking if you set a profile and those settings are on, the truck may just turn them on if it’s hot out or heat when cold. I think mine is that way. I see you’re in Fl.
Try put the settings back, turn off the seats manually then save your profile. Also, does anyone else have a fob with their personal settings that also use your truck? Just a thought.
Yeah I'm in FL but it was cool this morning and yesterday while I was messing with the truck and it was hot in the cab it never turned on (I was turning the truck on/off throughout the day).

I did wonder if it was mykey but none were set up. I created one and then cleared it right after this morning to see if that would clear out any potential gremlins.

I will not that before today I had never turned on the vented seats before. My '17 was so quiet it never dawned on my to check.

I'm curious which settings you're talking about I should reset.

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Do you have 3 profile buttons near your left pillar on the door?

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Do you have 3 profile buttons near your left pillar on the door?
I do. I have one set for me but like I said before today I had never used the seat coolers.

Odd though that it stopped when I changed the remote start option

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I got in my truck this morning and I heart this loud "static" sound. If I moved my head back and forth it would change in intensity. I thought maybe it was a blown speaker and I turned off the radio. Still there. I thought maybe it was the ac so I turned it off. Still there.

Finally I realized that the drivers side cooled seat was on. I didn't turn it on though and until today (got the truck Friday) they have never turned on even if the truck was hot inside.

I turn off the cooled seat and it went away, but the heated seat turned on. I turned that off and the heater steering wheel turned on. I turned that off and the heated seat turned back on and finally after that it was ok. I'm not 100% sure but I could have fat fingered this and been hitting the buttons next to them so for now not considering this an issue.

Anywho, I got to the store and when I came back out, the cooled seat turned on again by itself. Note that I'm NOT using remote start. I'm getting in and turning on the truck.

I went into the sync settings and turned off auto seats and steering wheel on remote start. It has not done it again

So... 2 things:
2) should the remote start setting for the cooled/heated seats take effect even when not remote starting?!

*Mods: I couldn't find a sub forum for the cooling/heating system but feel free to move this to a more relevant place if this isn't the right place.
Mine are very loud on the highest setting but quiet on the lower two. The middle setting is plenty cool so I usually just use that.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
There's a setting to have the seats automatically adjust heat or cool with remote start. They should just use the last setting if you manually start your truck. I can hear mine if the radio is off, they don't seem too loud.

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Mine are very loud on the highest setting but quiet on the lower two. The middle setting is plenty cool so I usually just use that.
You are right. I got in the truck this morning and tried this out. on the middle and lower levels it blows enough to cool you down, and it's not very loud. Thanks for pointing this out.

There's a setting to have the seats automatically adjust heat or cool with remote start. They should just use the last setting if you manually start your truck. I can hear mine if the radio is off, they don't seem too loud.
This was not the case in my experience. It was turning them on when I know for a fact I had them off when I last turned the truck off. The only difference was that I had them set on "auto" under remote start. Odd because on hotter days, it never turned them on.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

So... 2 things:

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thank you!
Sponsored