Sponsored

Cool towing instrument cluster info

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Shows brake gain, road slope, road cross slope.

Does anyone know if you can hook up a trailer camera to Sync 4?

Or is it easier to buy a separate monitor?

I found that the ford pass trailer light check feature very helpful.

Ford F-150 Cool towing instrument cluster info 1614183892617
Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
You can get the Ford customer-installed trailer camera that works with SYNC. It is pricey, and I am not sure if you can get it by itself. The only thing I have seen on the parts website is the Camera + TPMS + Yaw sensor setup ($900+ US!).

This is only a backup camera (I.e. only works < 5MPH like the other cameras). My truck came with the Yaw sensor, and I want TPMS, but I am on the fence with the camera since I already have one on my travel trailer.

It comes down to use while driving vs. extra screen on dash.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
You can get the Ford customer-installed trailer camera that works with SYNC. It is pricey, and I am not sure if you can get it by itself. The only thing I have seen on the parts website is the Camera + TPMS + Yaw sensor setup ($900+ US!).

This is only a backup camera (I.e. only works < 5MPH like the other cameras). My truck came with the Yaw sensor, and I want TPMS, but I am on the fence with the camera since I already have one on my travel trailer.

Any link to where we can get this from?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Seems like that “productivity screen” can tell you pretty much anything anything about the performance aspects of the truck. Pretty cool!

Sponsored

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia

This is a very interesting conundrum, On the one hand, having the trailer camera integrated on that 12" screen is undeniably fantastic! However the wireless systems offering always on viewing in any situation is also undeniably fantastic! However the lack of a separate screen cluttering up my dash outweighs that benefit in my mind. Therefore I am going for the customer installed camera for my travel trailer. Additionally the TPMS integration in Sync 4 that purchasing the customer installed camera comes with will be extremely useful.

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
1615486246525.png . . . well, it appears an "always-on" rear-view trailer camera is NOT gonna be viewable thru the Sync4 screen anytime soon (if ever ~~ ugh!).

I will probably go with this "mirror" add-on from Holoview:
https://www.haloview.com/haloview-wireless-rearview-observation-mirror-dashcam-mc10.html
1615486008500.png The wireless rearview observation mirror dashcam system has a front-facing camera and a waterproof exterior rear-facing camera that looks perfect for any vehicle where rear visibility is obscured!
The display "straps" over the existing rear-view mirror; the rear camera goes where you need it and the rearview mirror monitor gets power from a cigarette lighter power outlet.
It records video (or takes still-shots) and has good night vision (infrared, baby!) from the rear-facing camera.
. . . and no gigantic extra monitor to clutter up the dash of a brand-new truck!
1615487407898.png

1615486378828.png

What say ye, fellas?

Margo17

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch
I thought the trailer cable supplied for the backup assist that it will help with obstacles on the back of the trailer? Did I miss understand?

OP
OP
Blue Beast

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
OP
OP
Blue Beast

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
1615486246525.png . . . well, it appears an "always-on" rear-view trailer camera is NOT gonna be viewable thru the Sync4 screen anytime soon (if ever ~~ ugh!).

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-wireless-rearview-observation-mirror-dashcam-mc10.html
1615486008500.png The wireless rearview observation mirror dashcam system has a front-facing camera and a waterproof exterior rear-facing camera that looks perfect for any vehicle where rear visibility is obscured!
The display "straps" over the existing rear-view mirror; the rear camera goes where you need it and the rearview mirror monitor gets power from a cigarette lighter power outlet.
It records video (or takes still-shots) and has good night vision (infrared, baby!) from the rear-facing camera.
. . . and no gigantic extra monitor to clutter up the dash of a brand-new truck!
1615487407898.png

1615486378828.png

What say ye, fellas?
Thanks, looks cool. Camera on the back of my travel trailer would be nice, especially if there are kids around.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

1615487407898.png

1615486378828.png

What say ye, fellas?
We have the Haloview MC7109 for our Roo 183 and does pretty well. We also use the TST tpms on the Roo as a separate unit.

OP
OP
Blue Beast

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra

1615487407898.png

1615486378828.png

What say ye, fellas?
Do you know what power input the rear camera takes? Is it battery powered? Does it run off trailer battery?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Do you know what power input the rear camera takes? Is it battery powered? Does it run off trailer battery?
It says there is a "furrion camera adapter" in description if you are prewired for furrion. So hopefully you can somehow use that 12V DC source. Otherwise it may be tough tapping into your trailer's wiring!

I thought the trailer cable supplied for the backup assist that it will help with obstacles on the back of the trailer? Did I miss understand?
There is the Ford OEM camera that is fully wired that you can put on the back of your trailer, and it WILL show up on the Sync4 screen. BUT it cannot be viewed while driving, only in reverse or forward at <5mph.

The option he posted here is a WIRELESS camera that will not show on the Sync4 screen, but can be viewed on a mirror sized screen.

Does the user that has one, can you comment on the frame rate? Is it super slow like once per second, or something decent like at least 20fps to get good sense of motion and speeds?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

1614183892617.png
It’s pretty impressive what these trucks can do!!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer

1614183892617.png
I have always loved switching to "offroad" settings to get the grade information when doing hills and such. Sometimes it feels SO steep but I look down and it's only 3° or something. Or I wonder "why am I struggling to move" when it looks flat and it actually is 1°. I do however wish there was a setting to switch to % grade and not degrees. Gives a little more granularity since they don't provide a decimal place, and it matches better with road signs and map information.

Does the '21 have an option to switch to % grade?
Sponsored