Sponsored

Consolidated completed lift /level, everything you wanted to know for shopping.

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Since we have so many different threads on so many different lift and level products, I wanted to start a combined thread where people can post a picture and information on their completed trucks. I think it would be helpful for those of us still shopping for the best lift or level. For those of you that have already completed it, post what you did and also the tire size, that should help the rest of us who are still shopping. Also as information continues to get released in Regards to the ride height sensors or other potential issues including the copilot system, post that information here.
Sponsored

Tom32

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum FX4, 2020 Explorer ST, 2010 XLT
I went from a 2015 Lariat to a 2021 Platinum. My lariat was leveled with Bilsteins front and back. As my Plat had about 3" of rake, the first thing I wanted to do was level it. Since I couldn't find any Bilsteins readily available, I went with the Roush/Fox 2.0 coilovers and rear shocks. They went on with no issues whatsoever, but at a price considerably higher than the B's. The end result is the front being just about 5/8" lower than the rear measured from the hub. I never measured the overall height of the Lariat but the Plat seems high to me for some reason. I measured the overall height of the rear antennas at about 79.25". Speaking of antennas, as with the Lariat, I ordered a new whip to replace the stock antenna. The stock antenna was 32" and I replaced it with a 27" antenna that I then cut about 1.5" off of. My thought over the years was that I wanted to use the antenna as a warning when I entered garages. My original antenna hit everything, it wasn't much of a guide. But at 25.5" it clears my garage and should let me know if there is something I should be wary of that isn't posted. That incidentally put it at about 83" or just under 7" so it won't hit every beam in a parking garage.

I also did extensive non-scientific testing of the lights, adaptive cruise control, and lane centering. The lighting seems self-correcting. I noticed right away when I first drove it at night, it does this odd test where it does a sort of pattern/focus type test including what I would call going cross-eyed. So after seeing that, I was pretty sure it would adapt to a level, and it did, including dimming for oncoming vehicles and shining away as it is supposed to. I couldn't tell a difference on the cruise control at all, but I admit I didn't allow myself to get terribly close to other vehicles. But it did what it was supposed to do and acted like it did before the level. Now the lane centering is really interesting. It didn't change at all. Not a bit that I could tell. It is very tight, I even tested it going around curves at a fairly high rate of speed both day and night. It performed flawlessly. I was most concerned about this because the level is important to me but I am also very interested in the Ford CoPilot active assist 2.0 and was hoping it wouldn't adversely affect that. While I won't know until later this year, all indications are that it should be fine.

Ford F-150 Consolidated completed lift /level, everything you wanted to know for shopping. 21 Plat .JPG

OP
OP
Asphaltman

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I went from a 2015 Lariat to a 2021 Platinum. My lariat was leveled with Bilsteins front and back. As my Plat had about 3" of rake, the first thing I wanted to do was level it. Since I couldn't find any Bilsteins readily available, I went with the Roush/Fox 2.0 coilovers and rear shocks. They went on with no issues whatsoever, but at a price considerably higher than the B's. The end result is the front being just about 5/8" lower than the rear measured from the hub. I never measured the overall height of the Lariat but the Plat seems high to me for some reason. I measured the overall height of the rear antennas at about 79.25". Speaking of antennas, as with the Lariat, I ordered a new whip to replace the stock antenna. The stock antenna was 32" and I replaced it with a 27" antenna that I then cut about 1.5" off of. My thought over the years was that I wanted to use the antenna as a warning when I entered garages. My original antenna hit everything, it wasn't much of a guide. But at 25.5" it clears my garage and should let me know if there is something I should be wary of that isn't posted. That incidentally put it at about 83" or just under 7" so it won't hit every beam in a parking garage.

I also did extensive non-scientific testing of the lights, adaptive cruise control, and lane centering. The lighting seems self-correcting. I noticed right away when I first drove it at night, it does this odd test where it does a sort of pattern/focus type test including what I would call going cross-eyed. So after seeing that, I was pretty sure it would adapt to a level, and it did, including dimming for oncoming vehicles and shining away as it is supposed to. I couldn't tell a difference on the cruise control at all, but I admit I didn't allow myself to get terribly close to other vehicles. But it did what it was supposed to do and acted like it did before the level. Now the lane centering is really interesting. It didn't change at all. Not a bit that I could tell. It is very tight, I even tested it going around curves at a fairly high rate of speed both day and night. It performed flawlessly. I was most concerned about this because the level is important to me but I am also very interested in the Ford CoPilot active assist 2.0 and was hoping it wouldn't adversely affect that. While I won't know until later this year, all indications are that it should be fine.

21 Plat .JPG
Great info thanks for the detailed post. You just answered a lot of the questions and concerns that I’ve been running through my mind. On your level, what made you go that route over the 2 inch ready lift that a lot of people are talking about? I have been looking at that fox set up, but that is a bit of a price difference at $1500. I want to keep a little bit of rake so I wasn’t sure with the kit you got if I could just get the fox coil overs for the front and not change anything in the rear. That’s the one thing that is staring me towards the ready lift is that most guys seem to still have a couple inches rake on an FX4 set up. Thanks again for the post! Sharp looking truck too!

Last edited:

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
Would be nice for every one who lifted or leveled, change tires, changed wheels, changed exhaust, etc to throw it in this thread so people who are looking for what works, what fits, and what doesnt can come to one place and see. Something like this (and include pictures):

Model\Trim: 2021 Ford F150 Lariat 502a
FX4 (Yes/No): No
Max Towing (Yes/No): No
Lift/Level: BDS 4" Non-Coilover
Wheels: Fuel Maverick D610 20x9 +1mm Offset
Tires: Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5R20
Trimming needed for wheels/tires combo?:
Exhaust: Magnaflow Black Tip
Bedcover: Retraxone MX
Bed Liners/Spray Ins/Bed Rugs: Ford Spray In + Bed Rug
Engine Upgrades: K&M Cold Air Intake
Lights: Tinted Headlights
Bumpers: ADD Stealth Bumpers
Skid Plates: Factory
Fender Flares: Air Designs Off Road
Body Kits: Air Designs F150 Body Kit
Interior Upgrades: Katskins Leather Seats

Feel free to add more categories. I'm sure there are a ton more.

OP
OP
Asphaltman

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Would be nice for every one who lifted or leveled, change tires, changed wheels, changed exhaust, etc to throw it in this thread so people who are looking for what works, what fits, and what doesnt can come to one place and see. Something like this (and include pictures):

Model\Trim: 2021 Ford F150 Lariat 502a
FX4 (Yes/No): No
Max Towing (Yes/No): No
Lift/Level: BDS 4" Non-Coilover
Wheels: Fuel Maverick D610 20x9 +1mm Offset
Tires: Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5R20
Trimming needed for wheels/tires combo?:
Exhaust: Magnaflow Black Tip
Bedcover: Retraxone MX
Bed Liners/Spray Ins/Bed Rugs: Ford Spray In + Bed Rug
Engine Upgrades: K&M Cold Air Intake
Lights: Tinted Headlights
Bumpers: ADD Stealth Bumpers
Skid Plates: Factory
Fender Flares: Air Designs Off Road
Body Kits: Air Designs F150 Body Kit
Interior Upgrades: Katskins Leather Seats

Feel free to add more categories. I'm sure there are a ton more.
That’s exactly what I was hoping by starting it. Get everybody in one spot so those of us still shopping for lifts or levels know what to do. Everyone could just copy your post and put their own information and that would be sweet. Your truck looks stunning as well. How has your trucks tech been with the lift?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Asphaltman

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Are all the fox 2.0 systems the same? Do you need the rear shocks? I see Ford performance has a kit for about 1500 bucks, and then also Roush has a kit that’s 1300 bucks. I’m still trying to determine whether or not these are really better than the ready lift And worth the money.
1. Are all of these the same fox 2” level coil over?
2. Are rear shocks needed?
3. Any big difference compared to a puck?
4. Any factory rake remaining like the Ready Lift
5. Anyone know the Max tire size without rubbing or trimming ? I’m hoping for 285 65 20 with 20x9 wheels and an +18 offset.

https://www.fordracingparts.com/part/M-18000-F15AA

https://www.roushperformance.com/2015-2016-f150-fox-suspension.html

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...ke=Ford&model=F-150+&year=2020&position=Front

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
That’s exactly what I was hoping by starting it. Get everybody in one spot so those of us still shopping for lifts or levels know what to do. Everyone could just copy your post and put their own information and that would be sweet. Your truck looks stunning as well. How has your trucks tech been with the lift?
I was throwing out an example, my truck is waiting to get on a train right now but that is close to the build I want to do when it gets here.

OP
OP
Asphaltman

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I was throwing out an example, my truck is waiting to get on a train right now but that is close to the build I want to do when it gets here.
Mine just showed up at the dealer this weekend, so I’m in a little bit of a pinch to figure out what to do. I’ve never had this tough time deciding on a lift/level. I’m torn between that cheaper ready lift puck, or the fox coil overs. I don’t really wanna go more than 2 inches so I don’t screw up any of the technology. I don’t know if the fox is over kill. I did get a sneak peak at my truck today and it definitely needs something to it, sits too low imho. Lol

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
Sales
Mine just showed up at the dealer this weekend, so I’m in a little bit of a pinch to figure out what to do. I’ve never had this tough time deciding on a lift/level. I’m torn between that cheaper ready lift puck, or the fox coil overs. I don’t really wanna go more than 2 inches so I don’t screw up any of the technology. I don’t know if the fox is over kill. I did get a sneak peak at my truck today and it definitely needs something to it, sits too low imho. Lol
I'm going with the RL 2" level when my truck comes in. It's a cheap investment and easy to change if you want to go with something different. I'm just trying to figure out if 285/65R20 will fit with the 2" level but no one seams to know.

OP
OP
Asphaltman

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I'm going with the RL 2" level when my truck comes in. It's a cheap investment and easy to change if you want to go with something different. I'm just trying to figure out if 285/65R20 will fit with the 2" level but no one seams to know.
I have the exact same question. I’ve heard yes, but nobody knows if they will fit aftermarket 20x9 +18 wheels

Sponsored

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
I have the exact same question. I’ve heard yes, but nobody knows if they will fit aftermarket 20x9 +18 wheels
I have an email in to American Trucks. They had a 2021 F-150 so hoping they can confirm

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
IF it is confirmed that 285/65R20's won't fit without adjustments or trimming I'm going with 285/60R20's. No word from American Trucks or Custom Offsets yet if the 285/60R20's will work

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
IF it is confirmed that 285/65R20's won't fit without adjustments or trimming I'm going with 285/60R20's. No word from American Trucks or Custom Offsets yet if the 285/60R20's will work
Ooops. I meant no word if 285/65R20's will fit

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Custom Offsets just confirmed that if I go from 285/60R20 up to 285/65R20 there will be some trimming involved.

OP
OP
Asphaltman

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I have an email in to American Trucks. They had a 2021 F-150 so hoping they can confirm
I called Ready Lift, and they wouldn’t say anything other than the tire size listed on their site, which is 295 60 20. So I might do the 285 60 20 as I don’t care about the extra width of the 295.
Sponsored