First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
I have seen both console and column shifters on XLT F150's. What package or options determine which shifter gets installed?
Sponsored

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I have the XLT 302A with 40/console/40 and my shifter is on the steering wheel.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I have the XLT 302A with 40/console/40 and my shifter is on the steering wheel.
You’ll only get it in the console if you got the sport model but I think when you get to the other trims like Lariat and above you automatically get the console shifter if you have a console and not the 40/20/40 configuration. That’s just from what I’ve seen on some photos but I may be wrong about that. Might be an option.

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
You’ll only get it in the console if you got the sport model but I think when you get to the other trims like Lariat and above you automatically get the console shifter if you have a console and not the 40/20/40 configuration. That’s just from what I’ve seen on some photos but I may be wrong about that. Might be an option.
Eric, I believe you are correct. If have not found an option for the shifter location by itself and if you look at the interior pictures on the builder site, you can see the shifter only shows up on the floor when the sport trim is selected.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Eric, I believe you are correct. If have not found an option for the shifter location by itself and if you look at the interior pictures on the builder site, you can see the shifter only shows up on the floor when the sport trim is selected.
I originally ordered the XLT Sport but then switched to XTR to avoid that new fold down shifter.
I’m sure it’s going to be great for most trucks but I just couldn’t take the risk of being one of the few unlucky ones with a problematic shifter.
I do love the way it looks and folds down though, I just don’t trust Ford with something as important as the shifter.

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
No problem Mr. Pushrods. What is your preference between the cloud and console shifter?
I have a powerboost 302a sport on order and after seeing some other XLTs with the column shifter I was curious why some had console shifter. I really don't have a preference as my current XLT has a column shift and works fine so that you can seat someone in the middle on the front seat. My new order has the console so I assumed it had a shifter there, but then I saw an xlt with the column shifter and wondered what option gave it to me. I prefer the console shifter when there is a console present..

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
I really like the column shifter. It gives me a bit more room in the center console to store junk. I forgot to shift to park when I shut off the truck the other day and found out it will shift it into park on its own using a motor.
Sponsored