First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
This weekend, I finally had a chance to put the Powerboost to work under a little bit of a load. We were running two big fans and an 14 ish amp RV AC unit. The AC and fans ran for about 30 to 45min before the engine started. It was close to 100F outside and I had a sunshade in the window. I did not have the AC in the truck on and I left the big display going so I could check in on it. Well....the big display was super freaking hot to the touch in about 4 or 5 hours. I bet it was 50 to 75 degrees hotter than the dash next to it. Something forced the on board power to reset as well. Word to the wise when using on board power in hot temps, turn the display off after you get it going or leave the AC on in the truck which will burn much more fuel.
Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I know this is from last year but to add to it. Leaving the AC on in the truck will not use “much” more fuel. It’s quite efficient given its electric. I’ve been in my truck for long periods of time where the AC on auto at 68 and the truck does not even start for over a half hour and then it only runs a couple of min and back off so leaving AC on to help keep things cool won’t really burn much extra fuel in my opinion. YMMV.
Sponsored