Sponsored

Connected Navigation and SiriusXM force removal

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Found the communication full text. Man, worse than I thought. Connected Built-In Navigation being stripped where not included in the trim (502a+ keeps it), even if you had Assist 2.0. Glad my truck is built...

PRODUCT OFFERING CHANGES
2022MY F-150 Connected Navigation and SiriusXM with 360L, Connected Built-In Navigation

ACTION REQUESTED

• Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 50X (Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal) where applicable on unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 26th, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 26th, 2022 regardless of status (scheduled or unscheduled) will be amended by Ford on May 27th, 2022. Dealers will be able to start making the required amendments on Tuesday May 24th.
  • Most stock orders of 100A-501A trims with Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L (scheduled and unscheduled) will be amended by Ford to include Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal (50X) on May 23rd, 2022.
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding Connected Built-In Navigation changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should remove Option Code(s) 50N, 43B, and/or 43C (Connected Built-In Navigation, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0, and/or Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0) from F-150 retail & fleet unscheduled 100A-501A orders (excluding Gov’t) by May 26th, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 26th, 2022, regardless of status (scheduled and unscheduled) will be amended by Ford to remove these options on May 27th, 2022. Dealers will be able to start making the required amendments on Tuesday May 24th.
  • Most stock orders of 100A-501A trims with optional Connected Built-In Navigation, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0, and/or Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 (scheduled and unscheduled) will be amended by Ford to remove these options on May 23rd, 2022.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 vehicles including Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s). A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 vehicles that have been amended to remove the optional Connected Built-In Navigation must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s). A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • Due to the number of potentially impacted features on a particular vehicle, the Acknowledgement Form has been updated to include a check box for each feature that could be impacted. Dealers must check the appropriate box(es) on the Acknowledgement Form prior to asking for the customer’s signature. Failure to check the proper boxes could result in an erroneous assumption by the customer that none of the customer’s features are impacted.
SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their F-150 trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.

Connected Navigation and SiriusXM with 360L are no longer available on 100A-501A where optional or included. Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal is now required where applicable on these trims and will include a credit on the window sticker. Connected Built-In Navigation is no longer available where optional on 100A-501A trims.

Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal (50X)
  • Connected Navigation and SiriusXM with 360L are no longer available on 100A-501A where optional or included. Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal is now required where applicable on these trims and will include a credit in the amount of $200 on the window sticker for “CNCTD NAV/SIRIUSXM REMOVAL.”
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 50X (Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal) where applicable on unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 26th, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 26th, 2022 regardless of status (scheduled or unscheduled) will be amended by Ford on May 27th, 2022. Dealers will be able to start making the required amendments on Tuesday May 24th.
  • Most stock orders of 100A-501A trims with Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L (scheduled and unscheduled) will be amended by Ford to include Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal (50X) on May 23rd, 2022.
Connected Built-In Navigation
  • The Connected Built-In Navigation feature is no longer available to order where optional on 100A-501A (Optional through the following packages: Connected Built-In Navigation (50N), Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 (43B), Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 (43C)). Unscheduled vehicle orders with the Connected Built-In Navigation will not be selected for scheduling and new orders with these options are no longer available to be placed.
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should remove Option Code(s) 50N, 43B, and/or 43C (Connected Built-In Navigation, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0, and/or Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0) from F-150 retail & fleet unscheduled 100A-501A orders (excluding Gov’t) by May 26th, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 26th, 2022, regardless of status (scheduled and unscheduled) will be amended by Ford to remove these options on May 27th, 2022. Dealers will be able to start making the required amendments on Tuesday May 24th.
  • Most stock orders of 100A-501A trims with optional Connected Built-In Navigation, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0, and/or Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 (scheduled and unscheduled) will be amended by Ford to remove these options on May 23rd, 2022.
FAQS
Can I upgrade my Navigation system or SiriusXM later?
  • Units built without Connected Navigation, Connected Built-In Navigation, or SiriusXM cannot be upgraded later.
Do third-party navigation applications still work via Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto?
  • Yes, third-party navigation apps will still work via Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto.

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 vehicles including Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s). A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 vehicles that have been amended to remove the optional Connected Built-In Navigation must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s). A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

Due to the number of potentially impacted features on a particular vehicle, the Acknowledgement Form has been updated to include a check box for each feature that could be impacted. Dealers must check the appropriate box(es) on the Acknowledgement Form prior to asking for the customer’s signature. Failure to check the proper boxes could result in an erroneous assumption by the customer that none of the customer’s features are impacted.

P.S.: They are finally fielding the real question there with the FAQ.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
This is a difficult decision for me. We are Sirius/XM subscribers and I was really looking forward to trying the connected nav.

Anyone backing out of their deal due to this?
No. Never used XM past the free period. Not paying to listen to the radio.

There are too many free options out there like spotify and I heart radio to waste money on Sirius/XM.

I would have opted out of the option if it netting me even $1 when i Ordered. Same with nav. Not paying that when there are tons of free phone apps.

I dont use either so whatever for me.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
All I listen to is the MLB Network and baseball games on XM radio. Glad I have the 502A.

Anyone that does long haul driving will probably tell you that they love satellite radio.

Mangolorian222

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor; Mach 1 HP
Found the communication full text. Man, worse than I thought. Connected Built-In Navigation being stripped where not included in the trim (502a+ keeps it), even if you had Assist 2.0. Glad my truck is built...

PRODUCT OFFERING CHANGES
2022MY F-150 Connected Navigation and SiriusXM with 360L, Connected Built-In Navigation

ACTION REQUESTED

• Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 50X (Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal) where applicable on unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 26th, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 26th, 2022 regardless of status (scheduled or unscheduled) will be amended by Ford on May 27th, 2022. Dealers will be able to start making the required amendments on Tuesday May 24th.
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding Connected Built-In Navigation changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should remove Option Code(s) 50N, 43B, and/or 43C (Connected Built-In Navigation, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0, and/or Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0) from F-150 retail & fleet unscheduled 100A-501A orders (excluding Gov’t) by May 26th, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 26th, 2022, regardless of status (scheduled and unscheduled) will be amended by Ford to remove these options on May 27th, 2022. Dealers will be able to start making the required amendments on Tuesday May 24th.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 vehicles including Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s). A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 vehicles that have been amended to remove the optional Connected Built-In Navigation must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s). A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • Due to the number of potentially impacted features on a particular vehicle, the Acknowledgement Form has been updated to include a check box for each feature that could be impacted. Dealers must check the appropriate box(es) on the Acknowledgement Form prior to asking for the customer’s signature. Failure to check the proper boxes could result in an erroneous assumption by the customer that none of the customer’s features are impacted.
SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their F-150 trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.

Connected Navigation and SiriusXM with 360L are no longer available on 100A-501A where optional or included. Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal is now required where applicable on these trims and will include a credit on the window sticker. Connected Built-In Navigation is no longer available where optional on 100A-501A trims.

• Connected Navigation and SiriusXM with 360L are no longer available on 100A-501A where optional or included. Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal is now required where applicable on these trims and will include a credit in the amount of $200 on the window sticker for “CNCTD NAV/SIRIUSXM REMOVAL.”
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 50X (Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal) where applicable on unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 26th, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 26th, 2022 regardless of status (scheduled or unscheduled) will be amended by Ford on May 27th, 2022. Dealers will be able to start making the required amendments on Tuesday May 24th.
  • The Connected Built-In Navigation feature is no longer available to order where optional on 100A-501A (Optional through the following packages: Connected Built-In Navigation (50N), Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 (43B), Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 (43C)). Unscheduled vehicle orders with the Connected Built-In Navigation will not be selected for scheduling and new orders with these options are no longer available to be placed.
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should remove Option Code(s) 50N, 43B, and/or 43C (Connected Built-In Navigation, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0, and/or Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0) from F-150 retail & fleet unscheduled 100A-501A orders (excluding Gov’t) by May 26th, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 26th, 2022, regardless of status (scheduled and unscheduled) will be amended by Ford to remove these options on May 27th, 2022. Dealers will be able to start making the required amendments on Tuesday May 24th.
FAQS
  • Units built without Connected Navigation, Connected Built-In Navigation, or SiriusXM cannot be upgraded later.
Do third-party navigation applications still work via Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto?
  • Yes, third-party navigation apps will still work via Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto.

Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 vehicles including Connected Navigation and SiriusXM® with 360L Removal must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s). A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 vehicles that have been amended to remove the optional Connected Built-In Navigation must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s). A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

Due to the number of potentially impacted features on a particular vehicle, the Acknowledgement Form has been updated to include a check box for each feature that could be impacted. Dealers must check the appropriate box(es) on the Acknowledgement Form prior to asking for the customer’s signature. Failure to check the proper boxes could result in an erroneous assumption by the customer that none of the customer’s features are impacted.

That sucks for us Tremor folks who optioned out a Tremor to Lariat level...402A.

Mangolorian222

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor; Mach 1 HP
So all this will be missing?!
  • Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking.
  • BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert.
  • Lane-Keeping System.
  • Rear View Camera.
  • Auto High-Beam Headlamps.

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
So all this will be missing?!
  • Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking.
  • BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert.
  • Lane-Keeping System.
  • Rear View Camera.
  • Auto High-Beam Headlamps.
No, everything you listed is base Co-Pilot360 2.0.
Ford F-150 Connected Navigation and SiriusXM force removal 1653594398601

But I didn't even realize that this is actually cutting off Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0.

Following this communication, dealers should remove Option Code(s) 50N, 43B, and/or 43C (Connected Built-In Navigation, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0, and/or Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0) from F-150 retail & fleet unscheduled 100A-501A orders
Ford F-150 Connected Navigation and SiriusXM force removal 1653594052847

That sucks for us Tremor folks who optioned out a Tremor to Lariat level...402A.
Since 402a has Assist 2.0 included in the trim level, so it's NOT an option, It looks like it's fine.

Ford F-150 Connected Navigation and SiriusXM force removal 1653593928472

Ford F-150 Connected Navigation and SiriusXM force removal 1653594554321

Last edited:

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
No. Never used XM past the free period. Not paying to listen to the radio.

There are too many free options out there like spotify and I heart radio to waste money on Sirius/XM.

I would have opted out of the option if it netting me even $1 when i Ordered. Same with nav. Not paying that when there are tons of free phone apps.

I dont use either so whatever for me.
I agree. I'm thinking of opting out of my entire order which will net me $50k+ since there are tons of free transportation options like walking, riding a bike, etc. 😐

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Question on the removal of connected navigation.

Would we still have basic navigation (without map updates, traffic etc) without the use of our phone?

I understand andriod auto navigation works. Curious if there any option when traveling in a dead zone.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Would we still have basic navigation (without map updates, traffic etc) without the use of our phone?
What are the SYNC® 4* navigation options

I wonder how many people with Lariat MID and below knew they were going to have to pay for the navigation feature anyway? Only if you have Assist specd did you get the BUILT-IN nav where you only had to pay for updates and live information.
NOPE.

Ford F-150 Connected Navigation and SiriusXM force removal 1653606736110

Your option for traveling in a dead zone is to plan ahead and download offline maps for your nav app of choice for large trips. Personally, that's a habit I was already in, especially when there were mountains involved.

greyphox

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 5.0 Lariat SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
So, going by how the Ford memo is worded, it seems like if you were scheduled before the memo was released, you might be ok if you are 501A or lower. I guess the question is, when did this memo go out?
Going to be annoyed if it gets removed from mine as I was scheduled last week.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I agree. I'm thinking of opting out of my entire order which will net me $50k+ since there are tons of free transportation options like walking, riding a bike, etc. 😐
Yeah close to the same thing

OP asked a question. I answered.
Sorry you got your panties in a bunch over it.

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Sorry you got your panties in a bunch over it.
No apology necessary as I certainly wouldn't pay for panties with a free option available.😁

I'm just trying to insert some humor (and maybe a touch of sarcasm😉) into the absurdity of Ford removing the options from our trucks.

On a positive note, I'll bet a 2022 Platinum F150 with "factory pandemic cloth" and a "supply chain constrained option list" will go for HUGE bucks at Barrett-Jackson in 50 years.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I wasn't very disappointed to discover my 4/11/2022 KingRanch FULLY optioned had "park assist" removed with a $385 discount.

I was a bit disappointed thinking that the delete removed far more than it appears it did. In fact, I can't SEE anything that was omitted, so I can't figure out exactly what was deleted other than the forward cameras autolaunching when approaching close objects?

But now I feel extremely fortunate, and even a little guilty, considering that I sacrificed so little with my build as I watch these latest orders have the fun taken out of the process.

Monarchy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost 4x4

PRODUCT OFFERING CHANGES

ACTION REQUESTED

SUMMARY

FAQS

Thank you for posting this. I'm confirming with my dealer now that he can't read :D

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
My order is likely impacted. I haven’t gotten any communication from my dealer, which seems kind of odd, but as far as I know my order isn’t scheduled yet.

I don’t really care about the connected nav, I would have just used Apple/Google maps, but losing SiriusXM is going to be unpleasant, I use it daily. $200 seems a little stingy for the loss of both, too. Maybe enough for one, but not both.
Sponsored