Sponsored

"Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ok, so there was an Over The Air software update last week. It seems to have fixed this problem, have you guys received an update, any changes?
Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I mentioned in another thread. Did you create your own personal profile? Dig in the menu because I forget where it is or look it up. I haven't had the issue since and it's been weeks. You may or may not have the option.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
I mentioned in another thread. Did you create your own personal profile? Dig in the menu because I forget where it is or look it up. I haven't had the issue since and it's been weeks. You may or may not have the option.
I made my own profile, but after 3 days, the issue returned. It's resetting almost every ignition cycle.

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
I will look into this later. I don't think this is an option on my xlt.

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 5.0
Can someone tell me how you actually get to see anything? Mine is stuck on the vertical list and if I select myview all I get are the options to change.

One day the 'calm' picture of the truck showed up and has since disappeared...

GGot no idea how this works....

thanks

Sponsored

atw777

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I was starting to think I was crazy but my truck does this daily. I’ve noticed that sometime I shut down the truck and the radio screen shuts right off and other times the radio screen stays on even after I shut the door and lock it. I noticed that every time the screen stays on after I open the door everything resets and I lose all of my settings. I also lose my setting after I push the end call button on my steering wheel. Super annoying.

Mrkada

First Name
Ronie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Hey there y’all I’m also getting really frustrated my truck configured gauges change I thought I was losing it but I guess I’m not after all lol I’m there a fix because I haven’t got any update for truck that I know of

Smroepe

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport SuperCrew
watching this thread since I’m also not able to set my view and have it stay. Truck says it’s up to date...

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
FWIW, my configured gauge selection would not "stick" between restarts. I had my dealer apply TSB 21-2097 flash update to fix the battery drain issue (it worked).

Soon after that my dash was continually rebooting intermittently while driving, this lasted for about 2 days. Around the same time I had an OTA update.

Not sure what fixed it, but my dash hasn't rebooted in over a week+, and my configured gauges now "stick".

atw777

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
So here’s an update to my problem. I decided to unpair my iPhone from CarPlay and that seems to have solved my issue. None of the settings have reset since I unpaired. So for me, the problem seems to be in the CarPlay software. Not sure I’ll be using Apple CarPlay till I hear of an update for it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ok, so there was an Over The Air software update last week. It seems to have fixed this problem, have you guys received an update, any changes?
Now I have my truck back from the dealer, the OTA software update did impact the defaulting of my selections. It did not fix it but it did slow the frequency of defaulting my selections.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Just received my 2nd OTA update today. Vehicle build date of 2/26/21.

Would be nice if Ford provided specifics as to what was updated / fixed; it's just a generic "Refinements, bug fixes" message.

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
The software update game is getting worse and worse about detailing what the update fixes or adds. I think it is mainly because if there is a software issue that causes loss of life, limb or property, they won't have their own admission of the problem out there as low hanging fruit. We live in a very litigous society....

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 escape, '04 f150, '03 fjr1300, 21 xlt PB 2wd
Occupation
retired
Just received my 2nd OTA update today. Vehicle build date of 2/26/21.

Would be nice if Ford provided specifics as to what was updated / fixed; it's just a generic "Refinements, bug fixes" message.
I'm disappointed that I have not received any OTA updates and I think my build date was 11 of 20.
I have a good wi-fi connection, but it is parked under a metal carport. Are most folks getting updates over wi-fi?

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I'm disappointed that I have not received any OTA updates and I think my build date was 11 of 20.
I have a good wi-fi connection, but it is parked under a metal carport. Are most folks getting updates over wi-fi?
To my knowledge, I've not received any updates either (12/10/2020 build). But then again, I'm not really sure if or how I would know (???). Checking the system update screen doesn't provide a software version, it just states that my "system is up to date".
Sponsored