Sponsored

"Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
I thought I posted somewhere else about my issue with My View being resolved.
Went in for a bunch of updates/reprogramming a couple months ago.
Since then my view has stayed on my settings and not reset once.
Ill have to take a pic of worksheet at what they put it under for a WO.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
mine changes almost everything the trucks sits more than a day
it will rotate through the mpg and the blue halo thing that shows front of truck driver assistance i think
or it will pop in the off road view
i gave up and just scroll till i find what i like

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Yesterday on a 3 hour road trip my instrument cluster reset about 200 times... Almost continually at different points in the trip. :mad:

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yesterday on a 3 hour road trip my instrument cluster reset about 200 times... Almost continually at different points in the trip. :mad:
I've given up on this. I've been chasing this since JAN 2021. One day it may work.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello, Bill! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hello, Bill! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

Well, how about the rest of us, Official Ford Account person, I started this thread.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I will do that, but I don't have much hope in getting into the dealership in any practical sense.

I've tried calling my Ford dealer (Suburban Ford, Waterford, MI) multiple times to schedule an appointment, and the best they can do is to have me leave my vehicle there for 2-3 days because they don't know when they can take a look into it. I don't expect it to be fixed, only to be diagnosed so that any required components can be ordered, etc. They don't have any loaners, and I can't be without my truck for that long given that it may be just sitting in the dealer parking lot for most of that time.

I've had Ford Customer Care try to help in the past by contacting the dealer, but at the end of the day it doesn't help at all.

If I make an appointment, I would expect that my truck would be looked at on the day of the appointment. According to the dealer, the appointment is only for the drop off... Not sure why an appointment is even needed to drop my truck off in their parking lot.

The only way I can have my vehicle scheduled for warranty work is to do it when I'm on vacation and out of town. One of the reasons I bought a brand new vehicle is so that I wouldn't have to deal with a vehicle out of commission and in the shop for multiple days on end.

I can deal with the instrument cluster reboot if it's only intermittent (have had this problem for the past year at this point), but when it's constantly rebooting I have no idea of vehicle speed, and don't want to get popped for speeding as a result.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Mine was doing the same thing, dealer updated the IPC and it has worked great since.

Jdsnowman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
General Manager
Had the same issue for the last 14 months, just had some of the recalls taken care of and dealer "Checked OASIS, found TSB 22-2186. Reprogrammed IPC as per TSB." A week later this does seem to have addressed the issue.

Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I had this issue since the truck was new but update OTA seems to have fixed it

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Finally got my truck in for Service just to do the Update. I don't think that they actually updated the truck. Still showing 4.0.20301.
I'm super bummed. Am I correct, that is not the latest update?

Uud74

First Name
Westin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Driver
They finally fixed mine. Some update to the ipc.

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I was able to run the update on my own to fix this issue. (With Mongoose, etc) You can run this update without the entire system updating. My whole system is not up to date but I don't have to reset "My View" anymore.

Coachboz

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum | 3.5L PB Hyb
After my 3.5.2 Power-Up update a few weeks ago, the legendary "My View resetting" problem is back. I've had the truck about 20 months now and I've gone through periods of it being there / not being there probably 4 different times. I never seem to have update errors, so I'm not sure what happens to trigger it.

* Quantum Gravity
* Spacetime
* My View Resetting

Great mysteries that keep life interesting.
Sponsored