Sponsored

"Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Same thing here, I miss real switches. Software controlled settings are just not stable.
Ok, so there was an Over The Air software update last week. It seems to have fixed this problem, have you guys received an update, any changes?
That's another issue, my truck has never received any OTAs, it is connected to Wi-Fi and Updates are turned on.
Sponsored

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Still only hearing that you'll have to take it in to the update. You might be
Same thing here, I miss real switches. Software controlled settings are just not stable.
That's another issue, my truck has never received any OTAs, it is connected to Wi-Fi and Updates are turned on.
Still only hearing that you have to take it in to get the update. If you're actually able to toggle your "Auto Update", you might be in luck.

Coachboz

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum | 3.5L PB Hyb
Dealer told me Ford is aware and will have ota update. They said March, but who knows
I've had my truck over a year now and this issue "randomly" reappears from time to time. I cannot find a pattern and it does not appeared tied to any particular OTA updates. I've learned to live with it for now. Next time I take it in for service or recall or whatever, I'll ask them to make sure everything is updated.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I may be imagining things, but it seems that if I set my cluster display to *ANYTHING* other than "My View" (i.e. one of the tripmeters), then the display always returns to what it was when I shut the car off. But, if I turn the car off with one of the displays that I reached via "My View", it always makes me press "Ok" when I start the car up.

That explains why I was sometimes going for weeks without it asking me... because I'd often drive around with the "This Trip" tripmeter displayed.

Just a thought because there must be a pattern to it. Computers are never truly random.

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A PowerBoost 7.2kw
How can I tell if my truck has the latest software updates? When I get it will I get a message saying software has been updated?

just hopped in this morning and my view was back to default and remote start wouldn’t work on my key fob.

Sponsored

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
How can I tell if my truck has the latest software updates? When I get it will I get a message saying software has been updated?

just hopped in this morning and my view was back to default and remote start wouldn’t work on my key fob.
if you go to settings, does it show your version information? there is a widget on the ford site that lets you plus in your VIN and it'll tell you your sync info. this is a helpful link too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History

mdax

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think I've had all the updates and I still have to hit ok every time I startup to select myView

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I think I've had all the updates and I still have to hit ok every time I startup to select myView
Out of curiosity, do you normally leave your screen on the Driver Assistance screen under the myView menu?

Every single time I leave it on that screen, I also have to hit OK on the myView menu when I restart the truck. On any other screen it seems to stay on the last screen selected. That is of course unless it randomly decides to reset my gauge display order again, in that case all bets are off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have been messing around using ForScan and have found a switch that appears to be working on the gauge settings. The screenshot is attached of where the switch is and the changes I made.

Ford F-150 "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times Forscan GaugeConfi

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
I have been messing around using ForScan and have found a switch that appears to be working on the gauge settings. The screenshot is attached of where the switch is and the changes I made.
I'll have to give this a shot. Too bad there isn't a similar switch for the drive modes.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High

Forscan GaugeConfig.png
Unfortunately, this change was one of many that I had tried and still experienced the daily cluster reset. Hopefully it yields better results for others.

For what it's worth, I got my first successful OTA update on May 16th (and two more subsequent ones to bring me up to 2.7.1 as of this week). Since that update, I've not had a single reset of the MyView or custom gauge selections.

At least for me, it seems the lack of system updates was the culprit as I had expected. It's certainly a relief, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not still incredibly sour about the 15 month s**t show I had to endure to get it.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
To the best of my knowledge my 15 month old 2021 F150 has yet to receive a single OTA update.

Also, I can go for months without a single dash instrument cluster reset, then suddenly it resets a dozen times within a 3-4 day period.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Unfortunately, this change was one of many that I had tried and still experienced the daily cluster reset. Hopefully it yields better results for others.

For what it's worth, I got my first successful OTA update on May 16th (and two more subsequent ones to bring me up to 2.7.1 as of this week). Since that update, I've not had a single reset of the MyView or custom gauge selections.

At least for me, it seems the lack of system updates was the culprit as I had expected. It's certainly a relief, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not still incredibly sour about the 15 month s**t show I had to endure to get it.
Good to know, thanks for the input. Hopefully, this has been fixed for good.
Sponsored