Sponsored

"Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
Mine resets at every start up! Frustrating! Why have the option to change your view when you need to do it everytime you get in your truck?
Sponsored

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
My dash has been rebooting constantly for the past several weeks, every time I drive the vehicle now.

It reboots 6-12 times on a 20-30 minute drive. And of course the configured gauges reset to their defaults and I lose the MyView settings too.

Over the summer I went for several weeks without it ever rebooting.

Very frustrating! I guess I'll have to bring it in to the dealership.
Funny, I was just recently on a good "run" of about a week without a reset. Like you, I'm right back to the constant reset, with no clear indication of why.

As for the dealer, maybe you'll have better luck than I did, but I wouldn't even advise it. I've had mine in twice for this and both times left more frustrated than when I came in. On both occasions, everyone at the dealership acted as if it was the first time they had ever heard of any such issue. On my most recent trip, they had my truck for three days, looked at it for 40 minutes or less, then suggested the issue is due to me having a wireless charging pad plugged into the front USB port. Colossal waste of time, money and energy to end up with what I consider a big "screw you, deal with it".

Deogee

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Yep same issue here. Been in the shop and had 2 updates installed at ford. StI’ll does it. Have to have sensors for my check engine light replaced will have them check it again.

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I bought a USB-C to USB-C cable and plugged it in to Wireless charger. Phone connected to WIreless Audroid Auto. Changing the cable seemed to have changed something but just more like the defaults for the large screen. Used to default to NAV but now defaults to Settings. My View stuck for a good five days and now have had to reset it twice in two days. Guess I could disable Wireless Android Auto? Either way, still quite a pain.

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Truck was in shop fpr a few things...including this.
"IPC reboots intermittingly....checked for codes and several lost communication codes.Refer to SSM 50294,OTA update for IPC to be available in Febuary."
Guess Ill find out next month whats what.....

Sponsored

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck was in shop fpr a few things...including this.
"IPC reboots intermittingly....checked for codes and several lost communication codes.Refer to SSM 50294,OTA update for IPC to be available in Febuary."
Guess Ill find out next month whats what.....
Just got my truck back on Monday with the same response. I was given a tentative release date of Feb 22 for this supposed software update, but some "insiders" on this and other forums have said it's a huge size and likely won't be made available over-the-air. My saga with these Sync issues is chronicled on a different thread.

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Have the same issue as well and I have started to experience the black screen as well. I will be coming up for an oil change in the next couple of months and just going to be patient at this point and hope by Feb/March a "fix all" software update will fix all our woes...

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have the same issue as well and I have started to experience the black screen as well. I will be coming up for an oil change in the next couple of months and just going to be patient at this point and hope by Feb/March a "fix all" software update will fix all our woes...
The popular opinion seems to be that SSM50383 is the promised "fix". Thus far, the proposed February release date seems to be consistent. Fingers crossed!

SSM 50383 - 10 Jan 2022 - 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E - Over-The-Air (OTA) Failed Message In The Center Touchscreen / SYNC Software Does Not Download From The USB

Some 2021 F-150/Mustang Mach-E vehicles may display OTA Update Not Successful messages on the vehicle’s center touchscreen. Also, when a software update is being performed on the accessory protocol interface module (APIM) using the FDRS, the center touchscreen may not indicate the APIM software is downloading when plugging a USB drive into the vehicle. This may be due to an APIM software concern.Inform customers that Ford is currently working on a solution for this condition that is to be released via the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) in February 2022. Inform the customer that they can continue to drive the vehicle and only need to schedule a follow-up appointment if they are still experiencing the OTA Update Not Successful message in March 2022 or if the APIM is not able to beupdated via the FDRS. Monitor OASIS for updates.

Uud74

First Name
Westin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Driver
Same issue. 2 different dealers have no answer. This is great info, too bad I get more information from google search than the dealer who sold me this 60k POS

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
It may be just a coincidence, but I have not had the "My View" reset problem since I received PowerUp 2.3.0 OTA.

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
It may be just a coincidence, but I have not had the "My View" reset problem since I received PowerUp 2.3.0 OTA.
I should have just kept my damn mouth shut. Sure enough... last night the damn menu appeared again out of the blue. I had gone 2 weeks without it popping up.

Crap.

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
The My Settings issue didn't start until 2.3.0 for me. Prior to that 'update' all of my selected settings would be retained.

My previous high tech truck comparable to my current F 150 was a 2019 RAM Limited. Occasionally I'd read Consumer Reports or other vehicle reviews on Motor Trend, Car and Driver and the like, and see what appeared to be substantive warnings about Ford's connected technology platform (Sync 3/4). Since Uconnect in my Ram worked flawlessly, I wasn't too concerned about the negative reviews assuming the reviewers might be picking nits. Boy was I wrong.

Uud74

First Name
Westin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Driver
I should have just kept my damn mouth shut. Sure enough... last night the damn menu appeared again out of the blue. I had gone 2 weeks without it popping up.

Crap.
Ahh crap

Crap.
happens to best of us ?

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Any update on this? Mine has never saved. I've set profiles etc and continues to reset every day.

Uud74

First Name
Westin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Driver
Dealer told me Ford is aware and will have ota update. They said March, but who knows
Sponsored