Sponsored

"Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I'm starting to lose patience with this issue. When I got my truck the first week of February it would happen about once a week. Since then, it's become more and more frequent; at this point it's rare to EVER start the truck without having to address the initial "press OK to configure your my view settings..." Prompt. I don't even bother with it anymore; just dealing with it as something that doesn't work.

I've had many, many vehicles with similar "oh, that's just something I have to deal with" issues, but certainly none that cost $60k and had less than 3k miles! While I do understand it's ultimately a "minor" issue, it's completely absurd that I'm already conditioned to 'just deal with' bugs like this in a brand new vehicle in this price range.

As others have noted, sync reset has no effect on the issue. Configuring personal profiles is not an option for me as I don't have the driver position settings option. To my knowledge, I have not received any ota updates, and my sync settings claim my system is "up to date". I've spoken to two separate dealerships, as well as Ford user support; all acted as if it was the first time they had ever heard of the issue, and offered nothing more than advice to wait an unspecified amount of time for a possible update that may or may not resolve an issue that they haven't even officially acknowledged to exist.

Minor issue or not, the "advanced tech" is a HUGE selling point for these trucks, and one that Ford markets heavily. As much as I love the truck, there are several issues with the infotainment features that have been present from day one. Even if these issues are ultimately 'minor', it's not like they don't factor in to the crazy price tags of these trucks. The fact that there's a complete lack of support for them is as insulting as it is frustrating!
Sponsored

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 escape, '04 f150, '03 fjr1300, 21 xlt PB 2wd
Occupation
retired
I'm starting to lose patience with this issue. When I got my truck the first week of February it would happen about once a week. Since then, it's become more and more frequent; at this point it's rare to EVER start the truck without having to address the initial "press OK to configure your my view settings..." Prompt. I don't even bother with it anymore; just dealing with it as something that doesn't work.

I've had many, many vehicles with similar "oh, that's just something I have to deal with" issues, but certainly none that cost $60k and had less than 3k miles! While I do understand it's ultimately a "minor" issue, it's completely absurd that I'm already conditioned to 'just deal with' bugs like this in a brand new vehicle in this price range.

As others have noted, sync reset has no effect on the issue. Configuring personal profiles is not an option for me as I don't have the driver position settings option. To my knowledge, I have not received any ota updates, and my sync settings claim my system is "up to date". I've spoken to two separate dealerships, as well as Ford user support; all acted as if it was the first time they had ever heard of the issue, and offered nothing more than advice to wait an unspecified amount of time for a possible update that may or may not resolve an issue that they haven't even officially acknowledged to exist.

Minor issue or not, the "advanced tech" is a HUGE selling point for these trucks, and one that Ford markets heavily. As much as I love the truck, there are several issues with the infotainment features that have been present from day one. Even if these issues are ultimately 'minor', it's not like they don't factor in to the crazy price tags of these trucks. The fact that there's a complete lack of support for them is as insulting as it is frustrating!
I recently received the OTA update. Two days later it defaulted back to original gauge setting.
I would love to see turbo gauge permanently somewhere. Maybe they will fix it on the second OTA. I havn't tried swapping for the transmission temp. Maybe it would stay.

atw777

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I recently received the OTA update. Two days later it defaulted back to original gauge setting.
I would love to see turbo gauge permanently somewhere. Maybe they will fix it on the second OTA. I havn't tried swapping for the transmission temp. Maybe it would stay.
Just disconnect your phone from android or CarPlay and it will more than likely solve you issue. Mine hasn’t had a single issue since unpairing the phone. I never use CarPlay anyways.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
FWIW...

Not sure if it's just coincidence or related, but early on when I first got the truck I had Android Auto connected. During this time I was also having issues with the configured gauges not sticking.
Sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't.

Since then I've had 2 OTA updates and a flash TSB applied at the dealer. Around that time I removed Android Auto. My dash rebooted several times after the flash TSB for about 1 day, and now I have zero issues and my configured gauges stick. Have not re-enabled Android Auto (AA).

So, to help troubleshoot, try removing AA if it's enabled.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just disconnect your phone from android or CarPlay and it will more than likely solve you issue. Mine hasn’t had a single issue since unpairing the phone. I never use CarPlay anyways.
I just spent a week using this theory with no success. However, it only reset only twice. Thanks for the lead though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I mentioned in another thread. Did you create your own personal profile? Dig in the menu because I forget where it is or look it up. I haven't had the issue since and it's been weeks. You may or may not have the option.
I just made a personal profile using MyKey. I will report my findings.

hillbros_96

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150, 2021 F150
I just made a personal profile using MyKey. I will report my findings.
I made a MyKey profile, and it helped, but not 100%. I also noticed my truck doesn't always recognize the key as a MyKey. When it does it is mostly there. Can't wait for the update as the MyKey safety features must the radio when the seat belts are not buckled.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I made a MyKey profile, and it helped, but not 100%. I also noticed my truck doesn't always recognize the key as a MyKey. When it does it is mostly there. Can't wait for the update as the MyKey safety features must the radio when the seat belts are not buckled.
I have found that you can set the preferences of your MyKey by using your MasterKey. I am not sure if you can set the MyKey settings with your MasterKey and the settings propagate to your existing MyKey settings after your MyKey has been created.

You must keep a MasterKey or you will not be able to remove any MyKeys or change the settings for MyKey.

oharmer

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I have found that you can set the preferences of your MyKey by using your MasterKey. I am not sure if you can set the MyKey settings with your MasterKey and the settings propagate to your existing MyKey settings after your MyKey has been created.

You must keep a MasterKey or you will not be able to remove any MyKeys or change the settings for MyKey.
I am having same issues, truck is only 4 days old and it's very annoying. Today I noticed that when I am buckled in and started my truck, on the my view screen it asked me if I wanted to return to Eco screen( which was the previous screen) and press ok. It has done this the last 3 times. Will have to keep watching to see if this happens all the time. Fingers crossed, not that is a fix, but better than having to do everything over, and over.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am having same issues, truck is only 4 days old and it's very annoying. Today I noticed that when I am buckled in and started my truck, on the my view screen it asked me if I wanted to return to Eco screen( which was the previous screen) and press ok. It has done this the last 3 times. Will have to keep watching to see if this happens all the time. Fingers crossed, not that is a fix, but better than having to do everything over, and over.
The return to eco, sport, etc. will always occur and the default is normal. Unfortunately, this is the logic Ford has chosen with the drive modes.

Sponsored

Coacher

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 3.5 302a
My menu seems to fail at the same time Android Auto fails to connect.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My menu seems to fail at the same time Android Auto fails to connect.
I have heard this as well and I have Apple. I have heard of disconnecting Apple car play or Anroid auto and this did not fix mine. Also setting up MyKey has not fixed it either. However, the software updates are making improvements, it seems. maybe the next update will fix it.

Coacher

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 3.5 302a
I should have been clearer. When I’m connected to AA everything seems to work correctly. When AA fails, so does everything else.

gb7FRz26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew Short Bed, 2010 Prius
Adding a "Me Too" on this thread.
Truck was delivered in late February. Have had one OTA update over WiFi.
Using Android Auto on Android 10.
Almost every start of the truck it loses the boost gauge on the left customizable gauge.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I've also struck out in pinning down any specific trigger for this reset over the past 6 months. The only semi-useful observation is that if I change from 'normal' to ANY other drive mode, I'm guaranteed a myview/gauge reset on the next startup (regardless of which mode used, for how long, or whether or not I switch back to normal before shutting it off). Considering I rarely change drive modes and this reset occurs >90% of the time I start the truck, I'm not sure how useful that observation is.

All I know is that, as trivial as it may be, I'm at the point that I want to punch the dash every time I get in my $60k truck and see this:
Ford F-150 "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times myview
Sponsored