First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT SC Sport - On Order - 2022 Lariat SC 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
I fear you are wasting your effort to garner support regardless. A GTR, A Ford GT, or the new Raptor,...... None will sound appealing to a V8 only fella. It's just the way it is.

I get it actually. But I'm glad I'm not programmed that way. Probably from being a motorcycle enthusiasts for more than 60 years? I love the music that many variations of the ICE can play.
I ordered a 5.0 because I liked the exhaust note and just preferred the engine over my current 3.5. My point is not stating it sounds better. I agree with you....all ICE make nice "music" My favorite is the Aprilia Tuono...the Triumph Triple is really nice too.
Sponsored

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
At least none of these make that weedwacker go cart sound like the 1.5 3 cylinder.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
First you state you can't make a 6 sound good. Now you state it still sounds like a 6. This video of the Raptor is not as impressive as in person under full throttle, but you have to admit this 6 sounds good. Watch the last demo segment.
How does it do that??? crazy

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I fear you are wasting your effort to garner support regardless. A GTR, A Ford GT, or the new Raptor,...... None will sound appealing to a V8 only fella. It's just the way it is.

I get it actually. But I'm glad I'm not programmed that way. Probably from being a motorcycle enthusiasts for more than 60 years? I love the music that many variations of the ICE can play.
Lol, dont get me going on motorcycles.

Nothing sounds as good as a big ole V-Twin.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician

That is 'cause the V8 guys are behind trying to catch up to us....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
FCUK "SOUND"!

I hear RAMs & GMs all around me in traffic that "sound" Bodacious!

My bone stock 5.0 purrs like a kitten.

...until I STOMP ON IT!

Then it "roars" mildly and seems to create some kind weird time warp where I suddenly find myself going from where I was to where I wanted to be before I even have time to think about what I’m going to do when I get there.

The 2021 5.0 is ridiculously FAST!
…at least in my RCSB anyway. I don’t know what it feels like in a 4-door land yacht.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have have heard great sounding 6s and 8s, but the 5s and 10s are where the real magic happens.

OP
OP
ptr0687

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
FCUK "SOUND"!

...until I STOMP ON IT!

Then it "roars" mildly and seems to create some kind weird time warp where I suddenly find myself going from where I was to where I wanted to be before I even have time to think about what I’m going to do when I get there.

…at least in my RCSB anyway. I don’t know what it feels like in a 4-door land yacht.

My 2021 5.0 4 door land yacht Lariat. This is what the people behind me see if I lightly stomp on the gas.... its amazing

Ford F-150 Concerns on the v8 over the 3.5 v6 1648735845723

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
My only concern for the V8 is that it is heavily restricted by government requirements, EPA, DOT, CAFE, etc. The SOLE reason to move to turbo 6 over 8 is emissions and SLIGHT mpg boost. Ford could easily do a V8 Ecoboost or a V8 hybrid. HEMI has a mild hybrid. V6 turbos have been out for a while. only in the last few years have they started replacing V8s and only NA V8s. The Mercedes lineup of smaller sized turbo V8s is not bad. I would take a straight 6 turbo gasser as well, but none on a truck in the states.

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
I found a video that shows a pretty good approximation of the new Raptor exhaust note in "Baja" mode. I actually like the sound of the Raptor. Then again I liked the sewing-machine sound of my Honda ST1300. It's all good to me as long as there is a "bang" somewhere in the cycle.

Sponsored

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Lariat 145 - 2022 F150 Lariat 157
Occupation
worker bee
The 3.5L Ecoboost was designed to be a truck engine. The 5L Coyote was designed for a Mustang.

That's really all one needs to know to make a proper purchase.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
The 3.5L Ecoboost was designed to be a truck engine. The 5L Coyote was designed for a Mustang.

That's really all one needs to know to make a proper purchase.
Maybe if that was a true statement.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I currently have the 3.5L ecoboost.

I like it a lot.

I have a 5.0 on order though. Someday, when the Warranty and ESP have expired, I’ll put on a high flow true dual exhaust and a whipple and it’ll feel like a brand new truck again.

Not to mention, if V8s get completely eliminated from vehicle lineups (like it appears they will be). I’ll have what the fine folks at Barrett-Jackson call a “collectors item”

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
FCUK "SOUND"!

...until I STOMP ON IT!

My Screw 5.0 "land yacht" goes just fine. lol