laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Courtesy of Mach-E forum:

"From a new dealer bulletin, you can expect several OTA updates to enable BlueCruise later in this quarter, and you will eventually have the option to visit a dealer for these updates, as well.

Customer letters will be sent later in the quarter to announce eligibility and timing.

Customers with Active Drive Assist Prep Package may receive one year of complimentary BlueCruise as an apology for the additional delays in roll out."

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ar of BlueCruise expected starting Q1/Q2 2022
Sponsored

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Courtesy of Mach-E forum:

"From a new dealer bulletin, you can expect several OTA updates to enable BlueCruise later in this quarter, and you will eventually have the option to visit a dealer for these updates, as well.

Customer letters will be sent later in the quarter to announce eligibility and timing.

Customers with Active Drive Assist Prep Package may receive one year of complimentary BlueCruise as an apology for the additional delays in roll out."

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/complimentary-year-of-bluecruise-expected-starting-q1-q2-2022-for-21my-job-1-mach-es.13872/#:~:text=complimentary year of BlueCruise expected starting Q1/Q2 2022
This is one of the greatest news I read for a long time! Thanks for sharing!

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
This just made me decide to wait to get the FDRS license to update the modules in my truck.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
Thanks for posting! Looking forward to my update.

Sponsored

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
That’s great news. Again I’m very grateful they gave the option for prep package. One free year was a stand up move..I’m happy

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Great. Thank you for sharing that info. Just read down a bit to see it was directed to all Ford and Lincoln “ US Dealers. “. Just so happens I have a job 1 truck with all of the BC hardware awaiting the software to activate the BC , but………live in Canada. Would there be a separate communication to Canadian Ford dealers that anyone knows about.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Great. Thank you for sharing that info. Just read down a bit to see it was directed to all Ford and Lincoln “ US Dealers. “. Just so happens I have a job 1 truck with all of the BC hardware awaiting the software to activate the BC , but………live in Canada. Would there be a separate communication to Canadian Ford dealers that anyone knows about.
I spoke to my service manager yesterday about this bulletin. He had received it an read it to me so it appears that it's for Canada too. Really though, I trust it as much as the Q3 2021 promises.

Bobgcc

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
This might be because I am bitter and feeling taken advantage of, but I think a single free year is really a slap in the face at this point. I bought this truck specifically because it was the only truck on the market that was "about" to get hands-free driving. When that never came to fruition, I spent many hours working my way through Ford Customer Service trying to get to anyone who could give me anything. Couldn't even get so much as a simple phone call from someone high enough up to explain why a truck built in the fall came with it working but mine "wasn't ready" to be updated. The entire thing left me with the feeling that I was not important enough of a customer to get an explanation for the delay. With the amount of money I spent on this truck, I think Ford should have bent over backward to make it known that my concerns were being taken seriously.

Like I said, maybe I am just bitter, but that's my $0.02.

Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
This might be because I am bitter and feeling taken advantage of, but I think a single free year is really a slap in the face at this point. I bought this truck specifically because it was the only truck on the market that was "about" to get hands-free driving. When that never came to fruition, I spent many hours working my way through Ford Customer Service trying to get to anyone who could give me anything. Couldn't even get so much as a simple phone call from someone high enough up to explain why a truck built in the fall came with it working but mine "wasn't ready" to be updated. The entire thing left me with the feeling that I was not important enough of a customer to get an explanation for the delay. With the amount of money I spent on this truck, I think Ford should have bent over backward to make it known that my concerns were being taken seriously.

Your not the only one feeling this way, especially since it is only 1 year of service valued at $200.

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy

I feel the same way. One Ford rep actually said the BC was free so she didn’t understand my complaint. One sent me over to marketing. And one sent me over to a vendor for tire rebates. So yes I’m not happy with Ford. I have a Limited and would hope to at least get some answers from a knowledgeable person.

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
I scheduled an appointment with my dealership for Monday with the description of 'BlueCruise install per EFC09801 21MY F-150 bulletin issued by Ford on 1/28/22.'

I fully expect that they won't be ready, so I'll call them ahead of time to confirm that they have this capability before I waste a trip.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I scheduled an appointment with my dealership for Monday with the description of 'BlueCruise install per EFC09801 21MY F-150 bulletin issued by Ford on 1/28/22.'

I fully expect that they won't be ready, so I'll call them ahead of time to confirm that they have this capability before I waste a trip.
keep us posted on this
Sponsored