Sponsored

Completely dead

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
When this exact thing happened to me a week after getting the truck it was not even jumpable. It drained the charge packs immediately when the tow company tried. They also couldn't get it into neutral so had to call a truck with a dolly.
Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
An update without really explaining what happened. I’ve been waiting twenty hours now for “Roadside Assistance.” Just got off the phone with one of their agent-apologists who suggested I call a tow truck myself.

Getting angrier by the minute. I paid $70k + for what?

Update: Roadside assist never showed so I had to call one myself. Jumped it and everything seemed fine but it’s going to the dealer just in case.

Ford should be ashamed. Terrible customer service and that’s coming from a Ford stockholder.
You can get reimbursed if you get your own tow.

Roadside Assistance is included during the first five years or 60,000 miles from your vehicle's Warranty Start Date and with most Ford Protect Extended Service Plans. If you need to arrange roadside services on your own, Ford Motor Company will reimburse a reasonable amount for towing to the nearest dealership within 35 miles.

To request a refund, submit your original receipts and a copy of the repair order to:

Ford Roadside Assistance
Claims Reimbursement
P.O. Box 9145
Medford, MA 02155

FAX: 614 386-3176

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This morning I went to start my truck, F150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost and, as I pressed the start button, I was greeted by a loud “pop”, then a series of warnings on the dash. Then lights flashing and a heartbeat like sound from the radio. Thinking it could be a battery issue, I disconnected the negative from the battery (to stop the sound) and attached a trickle charger which, after just a few minutes, showed the battery was charged. Tried it again with essentially the same result. And then there was nothing.

Don‘t even get me started on “Roadside Assistance.” After five hours and many calls, the tow driver showed up and told me he couldn’t deal with it since it was in park. Truck is still here.
Hi there, can you send us a message with your VIN? I will look into this further for you.

OP
OP
Worldmaster

Worldmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Ecoboost 3.5 FX4 Max tow.
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
You can get reimbursed if you get your own tow.

Roadside Assistance is included during the first five years or 60,000 miles from your vehicle's Warranty Start Date and with most Ford Protect Extended Service Plans. If you need to arrange roadside services on your own, Ford Motor Company will reimburse a reasonable amount for towing to the nearest dealership within 35 miles.

To request a refund, submit your original receipts and a copy of the repair order to:

Ford Roadside Assistance
Claims Reimbursement
P.O. Box 9145
Medford, MA 02155

FAX: 614 386-3176
I am aware. Seems we have a different definition of “assistance.” Based on my experience and what I’ve gleaned through the process, the Roadside Assistance Program needs a little work. I realize it is outsourced but ultimately Ford is responsible for the program.

The bright light is how well the service department at the dealer reacted. They told me they would take care of the billing and submit the claim. The service writer phoned me shortly after the truck arrived to let me know. Absolutely top notch.

OP
OP
Worldmaster

Worldmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I picked up the truck this morning. There was a voltage leak that the tech chased Friday, Saturday and yesterday which was resolved with a battery replacement.

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I picked up the truck this morning. There was a voltage leak that the tech chased Friday, Saturday and yesterday which was resolved with a battery replacement.
@Worldmaster - I’m having nearly the exact same issue as we speak. I thought the truck was going to explode it had so many things chirping and beeping and trying to engage when I tried starting it up Friday night. Its at Ford right now but mine sounds worse because on top of everything else it was smoking under the hood when the tow truck gal finally got it jump started. Possibly a bad alternator. Is yours still doing ok?
FYI I have a 5.0 Platinum.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Just now had the same exact thing happen to mine. Been parked in the garage since Tuesday evening. Walked down to get something out of it, and when I opened the door, a large red alert came on the main screen and said Parking Brake Failure, Service At Once, or something to that effect. Never seen that before.

Went upstairs, retrieved the keys, came back down, and tried to start it. Screen lit up up with the same error message as before followed by another, followed by the loud, rhythmic thumping. Deader than a hammer.

I disconnected the negative to stop the thumping, which it did thank goodness. I live in an apt complex with folks living directly above my garage. I'll try and jump it in the morning as I charge my jumper box overnight.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just now had the same exact thing happen to mine. Been parked in the garage since Tuesday evening. Walked down to get something out of it, and when I opened the door, a large red alert came on the main screen and said Parking Brake Failure, Service At Once, or something to that effect. Never seen that before.

Went upstairs, retrieved the keys, came back down, and tried to start it. Screen lit up up with the same error message as before followed by another, followed by the loud, rhythmic thumping. Deader than a hammer.

I disconnected the negative to stop the thumping, which it did thank goodness. I live in an apt complex with folks living directly above my garage. I'll try and jump it in the morning as I charge my jumper box overnight.
Hello. Could you send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
As an update to mine, truck would not jump from 3 different jumper packs and had to be towed to dealer through FordPass. Wasn't too bad, and I had a truck in about 3 hours. Dealership was able to jump it with a pack that put out 700 cranking amps. I think mine puts out around 400.

Anyway they kept it most of the day, and told me the battery failed causing everything else to fail. I mean everything. We could get the truck into neutral, but nobody could figure out how to get the e-brake to release. Truck was dragged kicking and screaming out of my garage and up onto a flatbed. Then dragged off at the dealer. Somebody figured it out because I picked it up this evening with a new battery and all the codes checked and cleared...or cleared anyway, not sure what they checked, but it works. Good thing, we couldn't find a loaner or a rental anywhere near, so I was a little concerned. It's a one vehicle show here.

Dealership (Bill Utter Ford-Denton) really went all out and got right on it. As far as I'm concerned, I was pleased with the way they handled it, like they were genuinely concerned...my impression. They already get all my service work, and will continue to do so.

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
As an update to mine, truck would not jump from 3 different jumper packs and had to be towed to dealer through FordPass. Wasn't too bad, and I had a truck in about 3 hours. Dealership was able to jump it with a pack that put out 700 cranking amps. I think mine puts out around 400.

Anyway they kept it most of the day, and told me the battery failed causing everything else to fail. I mean everything. We could get the truck into neutral, but nobody could figure out how to get the e-brake to release. Truck was dragged kicking and screaming out of my garage and up onto a flatbed. Then dragged off at the dealer. Somebody figured it out because I picked it up this evening with a new battery and all the codes checked and cleared...or cleared anyway, not sure what they checked, but it works. Good thing, we couldn't find a loaner or a rental anywhere near, so I was a little concerned. It's a one vehicle show here.

Dealership (Bill Utter Ford-Denton) really went all out and got right on it. As far as I'm concerned, I was pleased with the way they handled it, like they were genuinely concerned...my impression. They already get all my service work, and will continue to do so.
[/QUOTE
@Bravo36 check out my thread. I’m pretty sure we had very similar experience. Except mine was smoking ?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/new-truck-dead-battery-and-burning-smell.7992/#post-146466

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow

Just curious who the supplier is for these batteries. Seems like a lot of them are failing, way more than I've seen before on other model years.

OP
OP
Worldmaster

Worldmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@Worldmaster - I’m having nearly the exact same issue as we speak. I thought the truck was going to explode it had so many things chirping and beeping and trying to engage when I tried starting it up Friday night. Its at Ford right now but mine sounds worse because on top of everything else it was smoking under the hood when the tow truck gal finally got it jump started. Possibly a bad alternator. Is yours still doing ok?
FYI I have a 5.0 Platinum.
No problems after the battery was replaced.
Sponsored