Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
3.5 PowerBoost.
I occasionally get a complete power loss when making a right turn. It usually happens about half way through the turn. I mash the gas pedal and nothing happens.
I have an appointment to get it in. Just waiting for the loaner vehicles to start building back up.
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Hi there, Scott. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and mileage? I'll see how I can assist on my end.
Whoa, official Ford Account??? About time you get on here! Welcome!

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
There’s another thread here somewhere about lag switching from electric to gas in some scenarios. I’ve noticed some long lags when there is a short time between the engine switching off and then you needing to accelerate quickly (such as creeping forward on a right turn at an intersection and then needing to punch the gas to merge with traffic). This can sometimes lead to a dangerous situation when you are expecting power and there is none. Alternatively, I’ve experienced similar situations with my previous 2.7 ecoboost that had a sticky throttle body that needed replacing.

r150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost XLT FX4
I've had a similar issue. About 500 miles in my Powerboost had rough 1st to 3rd gear shifts, and my dealer reset the transmission shift points. A few days later I had a power train malfunction issue and the dealer ended up replacing a fuse. Two days after I got my truck back I made a right hand turn from a four way stop and had the power loss. Two "service vehicle now" codes came up. My FordPass app had a "powertrain malfunction/reduced power" notice and a "pre-collision assist not available" notice. I was able to limp home and then restart the truck and the "service vehicle now" message cleared up. After this the transmission started shifting rough again, and the cutover from gas to electric only became much harsher.

Sponsored

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
Had something similar happen today. Was backing out of a parking spot and turning the wheel to the right, got to the end of the back out and put the truck in drive and nothing. Almost like the gears weren't engaged. I could put the truck in reverse and it would continue to back up but no forward movement.

I could not get the truck to move forward after any of the following:

1. Cycle Reverse/Drive (I could keep backing up just fine)
2. Cycled E-Locker
3. Dropped/Raised the Shifter lever
4. Cycled from 2H to 4H back to 2H

Truck only moved forward after I changed the drive mode out of Normal. Think I hit Slippery first then it moved forward. Moved back to normal and truck is fine now.

And when I could get it to move forward I got Pro Power warnings that my plugged in devices were drawing too much power and they would be shut off. I didn't have anything plugged in at the time.

Luckily I was backing out in a fairly empty parking lot. That would not have been fun say backing out of the driveway into the roadway.

Also a Powerboost with just shy of 500 miles on it.

I also had the Auto Emergency Braking turn itself off a few days ago while I was idling in a parking lot. No button presses on my end, no changes to the settings, just the light came on and stayed until the next time I turned the truck off and on. Luckily no other warning lights or reduced power mode indicators lit up.

Gotta say this is my third Ford and wondering if it may be my last. I understand that all new technologies have teething issues (I work in IT so I get that) but having to spend 10 minutes trying to get a vehicle to move forward just doesn't fill me with confidence. Just seems like there are an extra level of oddities in this year's model that haven't quite been ironed out yet.

OP
OP
150ish

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
I've had a similar issue. About 500 miles in my Powerboost had rough 1st to 3rd gear shifts, and my dealer reset the transmission shift points. A few days later I had a power train malfunction issue and the dealer ended up replacing a fuse. Two days after I got my truck back I made a right hand turn from a four way stop and had the power loss. Two "service vehicle now" codes came up. My FordPass app had a "powertrain malfunction/reduced power" notice and a "pre-collision assist not available" notice. I was able to limp home and then restart the truck and the "service vehicle now" message cleared up. After this the transmission started shifting rough again, and the cutover from gas to electric only became much harsher.
Mine shifts into 3rd gear horribly. It's even worse at slower speeds.

OP
OP
150ish

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
I also had the Auto Emergency Braking turn itself off a few days ago while I was idling in a parking lot. No button presses on my end, no changes to the settings, just the light came on and stayed until the next time I turned the truck off and on. Luckily no other warning lights or reduced power mode indicators lit up.
I've had my parking brake turn itself on several times too. It's really weird.

Sponsored

David Gordon

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Oilfield
Mines in shop now with similar issues. Hard turn resulting in back wheel dragging

mrpkb

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor Gen2, F250 Tremor 7.3L, BMW X7, BMW M4
Actually this sounds very much like the active stability control kicking in, which is fairly easy to trigger when driving with a bit more passion like the OP seems to do. It tries to prevent too much lateral G’s that could be risky, therefore occurring mostly in curves under boost. The outcome is a feel akin to a dead gas pedal.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
Old thread.. any update or resolution?

I have a PB that will do that when the right rear wheel cuts the corner and looses traction as it cuts over the lip/ drop edge of a sidewalk. Traction control cuts throttle response momentarily. Only happens if the rear right wheel hops the curb a bit, not on flat turns.

OP
OP
150ish

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Are all of you with Powerboost or other engines?
Funny you asked. I'm dropping it off today. It happened to me again this Saturday. I almost died in a roundabout. We will see if the issue gets resolved.
Mine is a PowerBoost.
Sponsored

• Angry
Reactions: sbi