Complain About Ford/BlueCruise

sgiacomo

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150
You (and I) paid $995 for hardware only. You have all of that hardware in the truck already and you can use most of it with cruise control when lane centering is turned on. You didn't pay for the BlueCruise subscription yet if it's not active in your truck. That's an additional $600 to use it. You don't pay the $600, you don't get BlueCruise, regardless of having the hardware and software in the truck. The exception to this is Ford is giving all '21 Job 1 trucks a free year. After that it's still an additional fee if you want to use it.

Show me software that hasn't been met with delays for release? How many things haven't experienced severe delays over the past 2 years? The best part is, none of the other software releases that are delayed in the computing world have a chance to kill it's users if something goes wrong. What would you think of the OTA process screwed up and your truck didn't work?
Sounds like a typical pussy response. Ford made a promise to investors and customers and has not delivered on published dates for release.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Sounds like a typical pussy response. Ford made a promise to investors and customers and has not delivered on published dates for release.
And the lack of maturity in your response tells me you don't understand much related to updating, software, or how difficult something like this is to make work at scale. If remotely updating a vehicle is so easy, why is Tesla the only company doing it en masse right now? People can't get service appointments for months out for repairs and everyone expects dealers to just do the rollout that's going to take a technician AT LEAST a full day doing nothing else, and that's if nothing goes wrong.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Technically, it you are driving a BlueCruise mapped highway that intersects with another BlueCruise highway, it will take the exit for you while you sit back and converse with your passengers. Currently only interstates and large city thoroughfares are mapped, though.
Have you personally experienced this? Because I have not, and numerous times I have crossed two highways that were both mapped roads.

arky

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Bluecruise is a big waste of money, if you have adaptive cruise control with lane keep assist. I put an ankle weight on lower-right side of steering wheel and truck will drive hands free all day on the highway.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Yeah! Sometimes when I turn on lane keep assist it takes 5-15 seconds to actually kick on, don’t even get me started with blue cruise, that’s another several seconds. I recently borrowed a friends Tesla and that thing turned on the lane keep instantly. What’s up with this blue cruise delay! Gah. ‘Come on Ford.

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
I don't care about the difficulty keep your word as a business or face class action law suit which I will be glad to begin with my attorneys.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
And the lack of maturity in your response tells me you don't understand much related to updating, software, or how difficult something like this is to make work at scale. If remotely updating a vehicle is so easy, why is Tesla the only company doing it en masse right now? People can't get service appointments for months out for repairs and everyone expects dealers to just do the rollout that's going to take a technician AT LEAST a full day doing nothing else, and that's if nothing goes wrong.
it took me over several hours to update all modules in my job 1 F150 with a failed 1.7.1 update using FDRS and to get to the point bluecruise got activated. I can’t imagine how challenging it will be to do all that OTA.

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
(Another) interesting read about Ford's failures WRT software . Guess I'm not alone with my OTA & BC issues, altho' some might think so given my dealer's level of knowledge about all this. Twice my dealer has obtained updated software from Ford to correct my dysfunctional OTA capability; neither made a difference. Meanwhile Ford's apparently grasping at straws with the Job 1 Blue Cruise problem by promising they will send even more software to the dealers for them to install BC. (Did everyone notice the estimated time required for the BC install - 2 to 9 hours?! That should raise some alarm bells.) To me this looks like two sides of the same fundamental issue: being incapable of delivering working software, OTA or otherwise, in a reliable manner outside the factory. Given all the strategic business moves CEO Farley has been making with the senior management ranks, I've yet to read about one that appears to touch this side of product development. Love the truck. My wife loves the truck! Very disappointed with Ford, so much so Ford has soured me on buying a Mach E.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
With the recent success of Forum members receiving BC activation along with the necessary OTA delivery of updates, evidence is Ford is making significant progress.

Not enough to erase the skepticism and pentup ire, but progress nonetheless.

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
(Another) interesting read about Ford's failures WRT software . Guess I'm not alone with my OTA & BC issues, altho' some might think so given my dealer's level of knowledge about all this. Twice my dealer has obtained updated software from Ford to correct my dysfunctional OTA capability; neither made a difference. Meanwhile Ford's apparently grasping at straws with the Job 1 Blue Cruise problem by promising they will send even more software to the dealers for them to install BC. (Did everyone notice the estimated time required for the BC install - 2 to 9 hours?! That should raise some alarm bells.) To me this looks like two sides of the same fundamental issue: being incapable of delivering working software, OTA or otherwise, in a reliable manner outside the factory. Given all the strategic business moves CEO Farley has been making with the senior management ranks, I've yet to read about one that appears to touch this side of product development. Love the truck. My wife loves the truck! Very disappointed with Ford, so much so Ford has soured me on buying a Mach E.
pretty pathetic. They won’t even communicate much less attempt a fix. Ford just doesn’t care. My F150 Limited is sold and they just don’t care.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Twice my dealer has obtained updated software from Ford to correct my dysfunctional OTA capability; neither made a difference. Meanwhile Ford's apparently grasping at straws with the Job 1 Blue Cruise problem by promising they will send even more software to the dealers for them to install BC. (Did everyone notice the estimated time required for the BC install - 2 to 9 hours?! That should raise some alarm bells.)
I'd be interested to know what software your dealer supposedly installed to fix the 1.7.1 update when every other person that has reported trying to get their dealers to fix it have been turned away.

Also, I'm not sure why the 2-9 hour shop time estimate for the BlueCruise updates is unreasonable. Maybe 2 hours is, but people installing them on their own have averaged probably 5-7 hours, depending on where they were when they started.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Last edited:

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Stuck on 1.7 update.....Going to pick it up now at the dealer.....Hope they have at least started the Bluecruise!!!!!!!!!.........Will update here tomorrow with results
Sponsored