Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
1) We shelled out $995 for it.
2)"isn't 'on time'" what's reasonable? still waiting 14+ months?
You (and I) paid $995 for hardware only. You have all of that hardware in the truck already and you can use most of it with cruise control when lane centering is turned on. You didn't pay for the BlueCruise subscription yet if it's not active in your truck. That's an additional $600 to use it. You don't pay the $600, you don't get BlueCruise, regardless of having the hardware and software in the truck. The exception to this is Ford is giving all '21 Job 1 trucks a free year. After that it's still an additional fee if you want to use it.

Show me software that hasn't been met with delays for release? How many things haven't experienced severe delays over the past 2 years? The best part is, none of the other software releases that are delayed in the computing world have a chance to kill it's users if something goes wrong. What would you think of the OTA process screwed up and your truck didn't work?
Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
For those that complain that they "Paid for something they can't use", have you used adaptive cruise with lane centering? If so, then you can use most of the hardware that you've paid for. No one with the prep package has paid for BlueCruise yet, as the $600 for the 3 year subscription wasn't charged yet for anyone with a Job 1 truck.

To add additional perspective, you're complaining about something that is visibly in progress from other threads here, just because it isn't "on time". However, no other truck out there has the feature either (outside of '21 Job 2+), so either way you're still ahead. And you're getting a free year of service to try before paying for it due to the delay, $200 you don't have to pay for. And the best part is that if it sucks or doesn't work on your drives, you didn't shell out $600 for something that didn't work.
Note quite true. I paid $995 for hardware I haven't been able to use at all for over a year. More importantly I paid over $70K for a new truck to replace a perfectly fine running truck THAT DID NOT HAVE BLUECRUISE.

Depending on perspective I either wasted $995 or over $70K. Right now I am in the $70K camp. I would NOT have made the purchase if I knew Bluecruise wasn't mid year. Uh 4Q. Uh 1Q. UH who knows.

Last edited:

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Note quite true. I paid $995 for hardware I haven't been able to useat all for over a year. More importantly I paid over $70K for a new truck to replace a perfectly fine running truck THAT DID NOT HAVE BLUECRUISE.

Depending on perspective I either wasted $995 or over $70K Right now I am in the $70K camp. I would NOT have made the purchase if I new Bluecruise wasn't mid year. Uh 4Q. Uh 1Q. UH who knows.
As of right now, until you have Blue Cruise you've only wasted $995. You made the decision to buy a new truck on software that wasn't available at the time of purchase. Saying you spent 70K is a waste is on you, not Ford. They didn't make you trade in for a new truck. Yes it fully sucks that BC isn't available especially when it's working on Job 2 trucks but that's the danger of being an early adopter.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As of right now, until you have Blue Cruise you've only wasted $995. You made the decision to buy a new truck on software that wasn't available at the time of purchase. Saying you spent 70K is a waste is on you, not Ford. They didn't make you trade in for a new truck. Yes it fully sucks that BC isn't available especially when it's working on Job 2 trucks but that's the danger of being an early adopter.
Agreed. Totally on me. I made that decision. But Ford does get honorable mention because in Jan 2021 when I ordered the expectation I was given was mid year. And Ford was correct. They delivered. July Job 2 trucks have Bluecruise. And cameras at speed to help with towing. And trailer tow camera/TPMS software. And pro trailer backup sticker support. Etc,

Ford forgot to mention that retrofitting Job 1s wasn't mid year. Or 3Q. Or 4Q. With some having 1Q success ... There is a reason to hope. Doesn't negate the fact that Ford didn't deliver to me what they promised me. Did I mention I bought this to travel/tow and these features are why I bought the truck?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Agreed. Totally on me. I made that decision. But Ford does get honorable mention because in Jan 2021 when I ordered the expectation I was given was mid year. And Ford was correct. They delivered. July Job 2 trucks have Bluecruise. And cameras at speed to help with towing. And trailer tow camera/TPMS software. And pro trailer backup sticker support. Etc,

Ford forgot to mention that retrofitting Job 1s wasn't mid year. Or 3Q. Or 4Q. With some having 1Q success ... There is a reason to hope. Doesn't negate the fact that Ford didn't deliver to me what they promised me. Did I mention I bought this to travel/tow and these features are why I bought the truck?
Yep no doubt Job 1 trucks got the shaft on some of the features that Job 2 trucks have. And 1000% agree Ford's communication on Job 1 trucks has been absolutely abysmal and other companies should use it as a case study on how not to f*ck over your customers.

One minor nit, I didn't think Blue Cruise would work while in tow mode?

Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep no doubt Job 1 trucks got the shaft on some of the features that Job 2 trucks have. And 1000% agree Ford's communication on Job 1 trucks has been absolutely abysmal and other companies should use it as a case study on how not to f*ck over your customers.

One minor nit, I didn't think Blue Cruise would work while in tow mode?
I had already planned 2 trips Texas to Tennessee (August, October) and Texas to Nebraska (October) in 2021 when I ordered. Those were the travel component of travel/tow where I planned to use Bluecruise.

When towing I don't even use Lane centering.. just adaptive cruise. Lane centering causes oscillations. At least in my experience. I doubt Bluecruise will work when towing if lane centering can't handle it.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
For those that complain that they "Paid for something they can't use", have you used adaptive cruise with lane centering? If so, then you can use most of the hardware that you've paid for. No one with the prep package has paid for BlueCruise yet, as the $600 for the 3 year subscription wasn't charged yet for anyone with a Job 1 truck.

To add additional perspective, you're complaining about something that is visibly in progress from other threads here, just because it isn't "on time". However, no other truck out there has the feature either (outside of '21 Job 2+), so either way you're still ahead. And you're getting a free year of service to try before paying for it due to the delay, $200 you don't have to pay for. And the best part is that if it sucks or doesn't work on your drives, you didn't shell out $600 for something that didn't work.
So you’re kinda right tho, not exactly $1,000 for unusable hardware, but not $0.
See order guide and pricing below. It’s $245 of unused hardware.
I stand corrected. That’s not so terrible

Ford F-150 Complain About Ford/BlueCruise C7EAFD18-F14F-401C-BDEB-BE86B09CEA8A

Ford F-150 Complain About Ford/BlueCruise BF19B096-D792-46FD-BB6D-6813E2BB874A

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Also, on the 502A, I believe getting the Prep Package was the only way to get front bumper parking sensors, so definitely not a waste for me. Not really applicable to higher models.

The only group that really got screwed are Raptor owners IMO as they were told it would work initially and then told otherwise during the last big update from Ford.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Of course S/W is always delayed. I fully expected that, but they have the software. They are putting it in trucks. Why aren't trucks that have been in service the longest, get it first? Big fail imo. I expected to use BC for two road trips that where about a year out from ordering (now 14 months since delivery). How they've handled the rollout has been poor; you can't defend that.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
They could have handled the rollout better, but the F-150 and Mach-E are the first vehicles in their fleet to get OTA updates. Like I said before, if you're sending out an update that can potentially kill people if it goes wrong, it probably best to delay and make sure every t is crossed and i dotted. Installing it on a bench or on the production line at the factory is completely different.

And before you say "release it to dealers", they can't even perform warranty work or simple repairs in a timely manner right now. This would overload them even more.

Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They could have handled the rollout better, but the F-150 and Mach-E are the first vehicles in their fleet to get OTA updates. Like I said before, if you're sending out an update that can potentially kill people if it goes wrong, it probably best to delay and make sure every t is crossed and i dotted. Installing it on a bench or on the production line at the factory is completely different.

And before you say "release it to dealers", they can't even perform warranty work or simple repairs in a timely manner right now. This would overload them even more.
Tap the brakes. Why is a vehicle not performing as designed/promised (Bluecruise. Cameras at speed for towing. Trailer tow camera/TPMS software/HW. Pro trailer backup sticker support) any different than say 4H not engaging? HVAC issues? Heated seats/steering wheels not working?

My intended use was consistent with the designed/promised specifications. My F150 wasn't fit for my use because of SW issues. I was just as screwed not being able to bluecruise or check trailer TPMS or whatever as the guy whose seats and steering wheels didn't heat.

Yet Ford had dealers fixing those concerns. Since Ford has been delivering working HW/SW for all my concerns since July .... Yea. They should have had the dealers perform the work as warranty work. Expensive and slow. Probably. The right thing to do? Absolutely.

Right now F150 Gen 14 early adopters are the ones that were screwed. Ford should have put their big boy pants on, admitted they had an issue, and spent the necessary $ at the dealers to fix. Then next time they won't sell things they can't deliver (for over a year). Since Ford's pain has been minimized at our expense.... have they really learned not to do this again? Corporations really learn best when THEIR $$$ are involved.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I like the other thread where the Job1 guys decided to get BC working even if Ford was having a hard time doing remotely.

I don't think those guys are letting Ford off the hook, so to speak, but they are enjoying Bluecruise by taking matters into their own hands. Kinda cool to watch.

Best use of a forum I've witnessed in a long time.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Would you really think Ford would comment..
I'm sure they're embarrassed that they are receiving so much controversy over selling something they knew
wasn't ever going to happen..
I was being a smartass... we all know better. ;)

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I like the other thread where the Job1 guys decided to get BC working even if Ford was having a hard time doing remotely.

I don't think those guys are letting Ford off the hook, so to speak, but they are enjoying Bluecruise by taking matters into their own hands. Kinda cool to watch.

Best use of a forum I've witnessed in a long time.
This is the Best Forum around to share information. I would have sold my truck by now if I had not found this forum. The experience of guys here that are willing to help people is truely amazing.
Sponsored