Sponsored

Complain About Ford/BlueCruise

austin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
For those that complain that they "Paid for something they can't use", have you used adaptive cruise with lane centering? If so, then you can use most of the hardware that you've paid for. No one with the prep package has paid for BlueCruise yet, as the $600 for the 3 year subscription wasn't charged yet for anyone with a Job 1 truck.

To add additional perspective, you're complaining about something that is visibly in progress from other threads here, just because it isn't "on time". However, no other truck out there has the feature either (outside of '21 Job 2+), so either way you're still ahead. And you're getting a free year of service to try before paying for it due to the delay, $200 you don't have to pay for. And the best part is that if it sucks or doesn't work on your drives, you didn't shell out $600 for something that didn't work.
We did actually pay for it. $995 was added to the sticker price for the hardware that would be able to interface with the BC software. Other trucks have lane-centering, yes, but it is a standard feature for the given package on that truck and does not require an additional fee above the package price. So, yes, we did pay for something that is not operational, and FMC simply hasn't delivered on what they promised. That's what we are upset about.

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Terry (TNKIRK) I think you are stuck in the same loop I am. My dealer has received two USB drives or flash drives with the 'fix it' software which, at least in my case and apparently yours, doesn't fix the bugs imbedded in our Sync4 software. Take a look at the TSB posted just a few posts above; that might be our latest change of finding a fix via the dealer. Your dealer (and mine) can compare the TSB number with what they had been referring to, in order to determine if new to their efforts (or not).

Jack

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
And the lack of maturity in your response tells me you don't understand much related to updating, software, or how difficult something like this is to make work at scale. If remotely updating a vehicle is so easy, why is Tesla the only company doing it en masse right now? People can't get service appointments for months out for repairs and everyone expects dealers to just do the rollout that's going to take a technician AT LEAST a full day doing nothing else, and that's if nothing goes wrong.
You miss the point. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. I for one think Ford lied by telling me they knew how to deliver this technology. By telling me they told me they were ready to deliver. By not informing me, not once, about delays is a cover up about their lie.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
In my personal and also professional lives, I've never seen a purchase contract for a capital equipment item where what was included in the contract was not required to be delivered as specified. Penalty clauses enforce this protection for both sides. Yet there are no (direct) consequences to Ford for failing to deliver what they contracted for, because they alone wrote the contract. Moreover, they subsequently and unilaterally obligated dealers to fulfill their FoMoCo contractual obligations, despite some dealers being unable to do so. Rationalize Ford's behavior anyway you wish, to this customer Ford's actions are both disappointing and also unprofessional. But what goes around, comes around. Previously in the queue for a MachE, Ford lost me as that future customer because they also lost my trust in how they conduct their business.

Ah, but there IS good news: This morning's Ford Authority announcements included the news that CEO Jim Farley is going to be hosting his own new Spotify program, interviewing celebrities and sports figures. Isn't that great! Somehow, that fills out the picture perfectly.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
In my personal and also professional lives, I've never seen a purchase contract for a capital equipment item where what was included in the contract was not required to be delivered as specified. Penalty clauses enforce this protection for both sides. Yet there are no (direct) consequences to Ford for failing to deliver what they contracted for, because they alone wrote the contract. Moreover, they subsequently and unilaterally obligated dealers to fulfill their FoMoCo contractual obligations, despite some dealers being unable to do so. Rationalize Ford's behavior anyway you wish, to this customer Ford's actions are both disappointing and also unprofessional. But what goes around, comes around. Previously in the queue for a MachE, Ford lost me as that future customer because they also lost my trust in how they conduct their business.

Ah, but there IS good news: This morning's Ford Authority announcements included the news that CEO Jim Farley is going to be hosting his own new Spotify program, interviewing celebrities and sports figures. Isn't that great! Somehow, that fills out the picture perfectly.
Farley: So Lebron, how do you like your new F150 Powerboost?
LeBron: Well, Jim. My F150 had 6 different schedule dates, then sat in a railyard for another 2 months. Still don't got it.
Farley: *blank stare*
Sponsored