Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Not gonna lie, I'm a fan of the looks of the new Tacoma. I briefly considered switching to an SUV prior to purchasing my '23 F150 and the 4 Runner from the windshied forward was a level of ugly I couldn't deal with. This new midsize truck offering from Toyota looks badass in my opinion.

Last edited:

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
I had a Tundra for 13 years from 2009 then came to the F150 because Toyota seemed to have basically phoned it in for the redesign, figuring why go too crazy if they're still not cutting significantly into Big 3 sales. Ugly front end, Smaller inside, minimal power increase. No built in generator. No flat rear load floor. They seemed to have settled for maintaining their little corner of the half ton market without competing for new customers anymore.

Curious to see where they go with the Tacoma redesign. May be TT 4 cylinder only. After the initial quality problems with the Tundra they better get the Taco dialed in. They don't want that to compound everything.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
I’m struggling with the initial build quality of my F150 but I owned a 2018 Tacoma and no vehicle (I’ve had 9) overpromised and underdelivered to that extent. It was a bit of a soul sucking experience that lasted 1 year / 10k miles.

Our Highlander was reliable and decent but they cut corners in several ways that blew my mind.

Toyota absolutely phones it in when it comes to features, comfort, and going the extra mile. I hope they improve the new Tacoma in meaningful ways but I don’t have high hopes.

Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Unlike the Tundra, looks like they really worked on this.

The Ranger looks positively plain versus the Colorado and Tacoma.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I’m ok with the looks, I kinda like it. The Tundra wasn’t a consideration for me, if I was going to get the TT 3.5 it was going to be a Ford because Ford has been mastering the EcoBoost for over a decade now, much better odds. Ultimately the 5.0L V8 won me over after weighing all the options and driving both, but my next choice would be the regular 3.5 EcoBoost F-150. Tundra looks cool in certain trims, but their 3.5 TT is new, somewhat troublesome, and posts slower 0-60 and 1/4 mile times than my 5.0 V8 F-150…so no draw for me to that truck.

The Tacoma isn’t really “competition” to the F-150, morel the Ranger. But I can appreciate the new styling.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Would be happy to own one but I would never call the Tacoma competition for any half ton truck.

It’s barely competitive with the Ranger when it comes to to specs like payload, MPG and acceleration.

Gonna say again, Toyota needs to sell a true Hilux based truck if they want to have a real truck and not truck shaped object for the United States/Canada market.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Much better than the butt ugly Tundra but this Tacoma front end looks like a storm trooper helmet.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Does it still have drum breaks?

Sponsored

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
at least they didnt borrow too much from the new Tundra. Fugly

tundra.jpeg
Dude. I thought it was a joke the first time that I saw one in person. I can't believe it made it through the design process looking like that. The previous gen was fine. This one:🤮

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I thought it was a joke the first time that I saw one
Yup, I stopped in my tracks and pulled out my phone for that picture, I was in shock actually.
maybe its better if not in chrome, but that thing looks like a giant cheese grater.

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Tundra is a complete fail lookswise, but this new Tacoma looks pretty good. I've often felt some of Ford's designs throughout the lineup are not edgy enough for some of the younger crowd. Let's hope they start getting some improvement there.

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
I traded in a 3rd gen Tacoma for the F150. Owned one of each gen over the years. This design looks great IMO.
Sponsored