First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
Has anyone done a leveling kit (with coilovers) on their 3.0L PS truck? It seems like most kits out there say they are not compatible for our engine... I'm assuming maybe the engine is heavier or set up differently. Thoughts?

Originally I was looking at Ford Performance Offroad Suspension Leveling Kit (link) but says they're not recommended.

Curious if any one has done a Raptor swapped suspension set up on their 3.0L PS?

Looking to get big tires, either 33's or 35's that does not rub at all and flushes under Bushwacker fender flares.

Any help is appreciated!
-DK
Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I don’t see why other kits wouldnt work. I just think you would get less than the advertised lift.
Are the puck kits compatible? Because if so the coil overs will fit and bolt up no problem. Just might get different lift height.

OP
OP
motivology

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
I don’t see why other kits wouldnt work. I just think you would get less than the advertised lift.
Are the puck kits compatible? Because if so the coil overs will fit and bolt up no problem. Just might get different lift height.
After further research since this post, I don't think it has to do with compatibility. I think it has more to do with the weight of the truck. Trucks with 3.0L PS is the second heaviest out of the engine line up. Trucks with 3.5L PB is the heaviest so my thought process is to find a leveling kit that works on 3.5L PB trucks... can't see why it wouldn't work on 3.0L PS.

But I could be wrong...

DennisG

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Been running Bilstein 6112/5160 setup on mine for over a year. Which is basically the same kit as what Ford is now selling https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-F15B. Still got about an inch of rake on mine (not noticeable). Wanted some rake so when I hook up the trailer the truck doesn't look like the ass is dragging.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PBoost

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 PB
DennisG - Do you have it set on the 2" lift setting in the front and do you have max tow?

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 3.0L Powerstroke
I've been looking into the same thing. What I've found is that 2.75" is what's needed to level trucks with the 3.0L. Any coilover lift that works with the PB will work with the 3.0L. Same with the others, you may not get as much lift as advertised- spring rate may be lighter? I don't know what the stock spring rate is or if it differs between the trucks.

As far as spacer kits, Readylift has told me that any of theirs work, including the 3.5" SST. BDS has told me that their Zone spacer kits work.

When you get into diff drop kits, it gets a little foggy.

BDS has said that none of their diff drop kits work for the '21 diesel. They also told me that none of their lift kits work for ANY of the diesels between 2018-2020, which is not true. Sooo I don't know what to make of that 🤷‍♂️

On a different board, BDS told someone this for the '21: "The front driveshaft is the issue, It would require a custom made front driveshaft. If you try to use this kit anyway the front driveshaft WILL fail prematurely".

Rough Country 6" lift does work, apparently. A member of the 3.0L Powerstroke Facebook group posted that there were no issues fitting. Then that same member who got the quote from BDS spoke to the to the mechanics at https://www.theliftshop.com/ and they confirmed that the Rough Country 6" lift fits no problem with a 21' F150 diesel.

I asked the lift shop if they could confirm the issue with BDS, and they said that BDS lifts fit fine. I really want the 4" drop down from BDS but don't want to bite the bullet and go for the install in case it truly doesn't work.

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 3.0L Powerstroke
Ah, from the thread 21-23 Powerboost Fox 2.0 2” Level Kit:

After speaking to a sales rep at Fox just now, he said the following applies to the 21-23 4x4 Powerboost. Will raise the front 2 1/4” to 2 1/8” which after time will settle to 2”.

A) Front = Part # 985-02-015
- The recommendation of lowering
the shock perch not applicable to
the Powerboost due to added
weight.

B) Rear = Part # 985-24-029

Note: The only difference between this kit, which is the same as their 2015-20 version, and the Roush is the Roush comes with plastic roost deflectors. No performance difference.

He said Fox is in the process of updating their website to show the correct part numbers for the Powerboost which does not use the same spring rate as their Fox 2.0 kit for other F150 21-23 models.

Sponsored

OP
OP
motivology

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
Been running Bilstein 6112/5160 setup on mine for over a year. Which is basically the same kit as what Ford is now selling https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-F15B. Still got about an inch of rake on mine (not noticeable). Wanted some rake so when I hook up the trailer the truck doesn't look like the ass is dragging.
Your truck is a 3.0L diesel?

I've been looking into the same thing. What I've found is that 2.75" is what's needed to level trucks with the 3.0L. Any coilover lift that works with the PB will work with the 3.0L. Same with the others, you may not get as much lift as advertised- spring rate may be lighter? I don't know what the stock spring rate is or if it differs between the trucks.

As far as spacer kits, Readylift has told me that any of theirs work, including the 3.5" SST. BDS has told me that their Zone spacer kits work.

When you get into diff drop kits, it gets a little foggy.

BDS has said that none of their diff drop kits work for the '21 diesel. They also told me that none of their lift kits work for ANY of the diesels between 2018-2020, which is not true. Sooo I don't know what to make of that 🤷‍♂️

On a different board, BDS told someone this for the '21: "The front driveshaft is the issue, It would require a custom made front driveshaft. If you try to use this kit anyway the front driveshaft WILL fail prematurely".

Rough Country 6" lift does work, apparently. A member of the 3.0L Powerstroke Facebook group posted that there were no issues fitting. Then that same member who got the quote from BDS spoke to the to the mechanics at https://www.theliftshop.com/ and they confirmed that the Rough Country 6" lift fits no problem with a 21' F150 diesel.

I asked the lift shop if they could confirm the issue with BDS, and they said that BDS lifts fit fine. I really want the 4" drop down from BDS but don't want to bite the bullet and go for the install in case it truly doesn't work.
Interesting - I am not looking to lift, only to level it. It seems most shops and lift companies don't have a concrete answer for 3.0L PS trucks so I'd imagine they resort to saying no to avoid any potential liabilities.

It did not mention 3.5L PB? Which is the heaviest out of the line up. Just says 'added weight'. 3.0L is the 2nd heaviest.

-DK

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
Has anyone done a leveling kit (with coilovers) on their 3.0L PS truck? It seems like most kits out there say they are not compatible for our engine... I'm assuming maybe the engine is heavier or set up differently. Thoughts?

Originally I was looking at Ford Performance Offroad Suspension Leveling Kit (link) but says they're not recommended.

Curious if any one has done a Raptor swapped suspension set up on their 3.0L PS?

Looking to get big tires, either 33's or 35's that does not rub at all and flushes under Bushwacker fender flares.

Any help is appreciated!
-DK
I’ve had fox/Roush shocks on my 3.0 since new. 40k miles on it now & no issues. Also has a heavy full guard FabFours bumper & 12k warn winch.
FabFours also claim my bumper wouldn’t work with a 3.0 diesel & it works just fine too.

OP
OP
motivology

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
I’ve had fox/Roush shocks on my 3.0 since new. 40k miles on it now & no issues. Also has a heavy full guard FabFours bumper & 12k warn winch.
FabFours also claim my bumper wouldn’t work with a 3.0 diesel & it works just fine too.
Awesome - I just had Fox support confirmed their kits do work on the 3.0L PS trucks. Which kit do you have Performance 2.0 or Race 2.5 - or which Roush kit do you have?

Would love to see pictures of your truck. I am planning on adding a RanchHand brush guard so that is great to know.

-DK

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
Awesome - I just had Fox support confirmed their kits do work on the 3.0L PS trucks. Which kit do you have Performance 2.0 or Race 2.5 - or which Roush kit do you have?

Would love to see pictures of your truck. I am planning on adding a RanchHand brush guard so that is great to know.

-DK
2.0 fox.
Sponsored