Sponsored

Cluster screen question

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Does anybody know easy it would be to replace the plastic screen cover for the cluster gauges? TIA!

Ford F-150 Cluster screen question B67EF6C1-A6F8-425D-9AD6-E2A214971D91
Sponsored

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
No clue but my question is why?

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
What’s wrong with the existing plastic screen? What trim level is your 150??

Sponsored

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
Just the plastic itself is not replaceable. I know because I got my steering wheel replaced by the dealer and they accidentally nicked the screen and had to reorder a whole new cluster

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
microfiber towel that was dirty unfortunately left behind marks on the plastic..
Im terrified to touch mine. So far I’ve only dusted it with a boars hair brush and it hasn’t scratched it. The screens are crazy soft though…

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Im terrified to touch mine. So far I’ve only dusted it with a boars hair brush and it hasn’t scratched it. They’re crazy soft though…
i would like to meet that pig, all the ones we have harvested are rough as sandpaper :eek: :eek:
i used a can of air, and the ford micro towel.

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
I wipe mine/clean the dust off it(the plastic)at least once a day, did the same with my ‘19 KR that I just traded in for my ‘22. Not a mark on my ‘19 in 3.5 yrs, and so far not a mark on my ‘22. I always make sure/am diligent the microfiber cloth is clean, and also slightly damp when I clean it. So far never had an issue.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The lens is like $25. Problem is even the new lens look crappy. They get scratched in the box. I sell them.. so I see them all the time. You can replace it but you have to remove the cluster from the truck and the lens is held on by two screws and clips. You can actually use a plastic polish called no is and it will take all those scratches out easily. I use it all the time to correct new lens.

The pain is taking the cluster out. The other issue is dust getting into the screen once you pop it. It’s next impossible to not get dust in there. It’s not sealed and the status just pulls the dust to it. In side and out.

Depending on where the scratches are you may get away with using the movie polish by hand.

ZLF150

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 and Expedition
Occupation
Sales
The lens is like $25. Problem is even the new lens look crappy. They get scratched in the box. I sell them.. so I see them all the time. You can replace it but you have to remove the cluster from the truck and the lens is held on by two screws and clips. You can actually use a plastic polish called no is and it will take all those scratches out easily. I use it all the time to correct new lens.

The pain is taking the cluster out. The other issue is dust getting into the screen once you pop it. It’s next impossible to not get dust in there. It’s not sealed and the status just pulls the dust to it. In side and out.

Depending on where the scratches are you may get away with using the movie polish by hand.
I have scratches on mine as well from a microfiber towel with something in it. Did you mean to say you use NOVUS Plastic Polish??

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have scratches on mine as well from a microfiber towel with something in it. Did you mean to say you use NOVUS Plastic Polish??
Yes. I do. It’s a 3 step kit. You can use number two . It works great. I use a DA polisher for optimal results but that requires the cluster to be out.

ZLF150

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 and Expedition
Occupation
Sales
Yes. I do. It’s a 3 step kit. You can use number two . It works great. I use a DA polisher for optimal results but that requires the cluster to be out.
Appreciate the info. I’ll give it a try
Sponsored