First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I just went over 1000 miles and I have noticed a clunk in the transmission when I take off from a stop and the generator is running. When the engine kicks in right around 8 or 9 MPH I noticed it jumps from 1st gear to third. Has anyone else with the Power Boost seen this?
Sponsored

JeffBea

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 E-250, 2020 Explorer, 2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Plumber
Mine does that every once and awhile, normally its smooth as butter 99% of the time.

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I don't notice mine switching. Now I haven't matted it from a dead stop with the engine off and the truck immediately requiring engine power. I assume you'll feel something in order to quickly get going....

OP
OP
Kefoster2

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I don't notice mine switching. Now I haven't matted it from a dead stop with the engine off and the truck immediately requiring engine power. I assume you'll feel something in order to quickly get going....
This happens at every stop where it goes into electric mode and when you accelerate it will jump second gear when the engine kicks in.

OP
OP
Kefoster2

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
This happens at every stop where it goes into electric mode and when you accelerate it will jump second gear when the engine kicks in.
My truck used to be smooth as well. I hope I am not thinking more about this now that I have seen it in action.

BG034

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB
I just went over 1000 miles and I have noticed a clunk in the transmission when I take off from a stop and the generator is running. When the engine kicks in right around 8 or 9 MPH I noticed it jumps from 1st gear to third. Has anyone else with the Power Boost seen this?
Mine does this as well, if you get on the accelerator a little more it will shift into 2nd.. but if you feather the throttle the shift from 1st to 3rd is awful.

OP
OP
Kefoster2

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Mine does this as well, if you get on the accelerator a little more it will shift into 2nd.. but if you feather the throttle the shift from 1st to 3rd is awful.
Which is like mine. I try to feather to keep it in electric mode as long as I can but it beats me to the punch.

Sponsored

Drkmacleod

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Manufacturing
Okay, so here is my experience...I wanted to test drive the hybrid before I bought mine, so when I test drove one(not the truck I ended up purchasing) I felt what I think you are describing. Almost like a ”jolt” when switching from electric to gas. I just chalked it up to being “the way it was“ with a hybrid.

Fast forward to the truck I purchased. Smooth as butter, can barley even tell when it switches. Granted I have driven very little thus far, but I did notice the difference.

Now what does that mean? I have no clue! Just wanted to share my experience.

OP
OP
Kefoster2

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Okay, so here is my experience...I wanted to test drive the hybrid before I bought mine, so when I test drove one(not the truck I ended up purchasing) I felt what I think you are describing. Almost like a ”jolt” when switching from electric to gas. I just chalked it up to being “the way it was“ with a hybrid.

Fast forward to the truck I purchased. Smooth as butter, can barley even tell when it switches. Granted I have driven very little thus far, but I did notice the difference.

Now what does that mean? I have no clue! Just wanted to share my experience.
My truck was the unnoticeable up until the 1,000 mile mark. My salesman says that the transmission is in a learning process for the first 1,000 miles. I have an appointment tomorrow with the dealer to check this out.

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
I have the clunk when switching to gas from a start. Not all the time but frequent enough

Xhaxol

First Name
Vit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost 2021
I have this too. Sometimes it’s smooth as butter but some times it’s very rough. The transmission feels jerky. Hopefully Ford can correct it with a software update. I find it hard to get a smooth start. It starts the engine kicks and just feels rough. I don’t like it. I have 1200 miles.

OP
OP
Kefoster2

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I have this too. Sometimes it’s smooth as butter but some times it’s very rough. The transmission feels jerky. Hopefully Ford can correct it with a software update. I find it hard to get a smooth start. It starts the engine kicks and just feels rough. I don’t like it. I have 1200 miles.
Ford told my dealer it may be one of 3 things. The first was to reflash the transmission module, check aux pump pressure, replace the aux pump if pressure was low. The third item was some clutch sticking. either way, it needs to go to the dealer for a minimum of two days to evaluate and correct.
Sponsored

Last edited: