First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4x4 2.7EB XLT SuperCab, 6.5Ft, 302a order
Occupation
Self Employed Photographer
I’ve had mine hit the brakes when backing up. Tall grass was confusing the sensors. I thought I’d actually hit something when it happened.
Sponsored

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
I'm pretty sure I turned off the reverse brake assist, and I wish I didn't.

Was backing out of a spot across the street from my friends house on a dark/rainy/foggy morning in the tall grass (had to parallel park the day before to fit in between it and another large truck), and didn't see a small sized tree (was maybe 3 inches round, and the top was taken off, so it was just a touch taller than the tailgate).
Was going maybe 2 mph, and the sensors were going nuts in front and back because of the high grass.

IMG_6864.jpg

The local body shop is quoting this at ~2k (replacement bumper and moldings, and popping and fixing the tailgate). Waiting on the parts to come in to get this fixed. I should have just slept in and waited until there was more daylight. I've never had a car with this many sensors (or a 360 camera) but can't believe I didn't see how close I was getting. This is my first truck, so I am still getting used to how large it is and I am used to parking in lots way away from everyone to avoid someone hitting me.

I'm sure this won't be the last time I hit something/something hits me. But shows no matter how much tech is there, the driver can still be an idiot (and I for sure was one!).

BEEN THERE DONE THAT. IN A 13 RAM 2500. TYPICAL MORNING IN ND PITCH BLACK. CANT REMEMBER WHY I TURNED THE BACK UP SENSOR OFF EITHER. SOME ONE HAD PULLED A TRAILER HOME FULL OF STEEL REBAR AND PARKED IT RIGHT IN MY MORING ROUTINE. DENTED THE HECK OUTTA THE BUMPER BUT STAYED OFF THE PAINT LUCKILY.

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
I’m just glad no one was hurt and it was a tree and not another car.

Will def have me being more careful after taking the dent to the truck and the wallet.

ScottsXLT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Yup, saved me from crushing a little Mini that rushed up behind me and stopped to get the parking space that someone else was backing out of. I also would not get another vehicle without the cameras and sensors. What it needs is something to stop people from opening their doors into your truck in parking lots.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Yup, saved me from crushing a little Mini that rushed up behind me and stopped to get the parking space that someone else was backing out of. I also would not get another vehicle without the cameras and sensors. What it needs is something to stop people from opening their doors into your truck in parking lots.
I thought That's what running boards were for 😂

Sponsored

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Well....my truck's avoidance system didn't help me with a rock flying up and putting a chip in hood and nick in windshield today.😕

Mdhfinsc

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Tech
Anyone have any close calls with their F150, but had the safety features of their new truck help them out. This could be your truck stopping you before you back into something, or applying the brakes before you rear end someone, or helping you stop faster when a deer jumps out in front of you, ect.

Just curious if anyone has any stories. I know part of the appeal of buying a new truck is being able to take advantage of new safety features, but I was just curious if there was any real world experiences out there where your truck saved the day.
Yes. It works. I have a 2022 F150 XLT. Was on a hwy at around 55mph. System activated with enough time for me to break. And I was actually not paying attention to the road for a second or 2. But sensor picked up the car in front of me and helped me reduce speed on time. So I would say. Yes it worked.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Traction control has saved my ass a few times.

It took about 10K for me get the hang of how damn fast my 5.0 RCSB is when you stomp on it. It still blows my mind but I’ve learned to modulate my throttle and play the gears better.

Now I'm not so shocked to suddenly find the car in front of me in my rear view mirror.

I would like to apologize to all those people I might have frightened on the freeway but I won’t. My tax dollars have financed a special lane just for you and if you’re not in it… BEWARE!
Sponsored