First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Anyone have a recommendation on a tool to clean things like the outside of the back glass or windshield? I hate having to pull out the stepladder every time.
Sponsored

Aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
For the windshield when I had trucks I would open the door and stand on the door threshold. Works well for the roof too. I used to wash the entire roof of my long wheelbase Expedition by standing on the rear tire then the rear door threshold then front door.

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Anyone have a recommendation on a tool to clean things like the outside of the back glass or windshield? I hate having to pull out the stepladder every time.
I usually just step on top of the tire to reach the windshield and front edge of the roof, use the bed for the back glass and most of the roof, then use the door sills for the sides of the roof.
However, this looks like it would be useful for you.

Ford F-150 Cleaning those "hard to reach" areas. hitchmate-other-tire-accessories-4040-31_600

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I got one of these and keep it behind the back seat. I'm tall enough that I can get to the middle of the windshield with it. For the back window, I just step on the running boards with the rear door open and I can reach across the back.