David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hello Beautiful people,

I am curious as to which products would be recommended to polish our chrome plated plastic grills? I was planning on using Chemical Guys Light Metal polish, but I do think it *may* be a little too rough, are there other quality products that would be recommended to polish that type of thin chrome? Recommendation on Waxes and sealants would be helpful too!
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I use foaming window cleaner on the chrome plated plastic. In fact, I just finished doing that. Grill and mirrors along with the glass.
I've never polished the little parts of a grill. I'll do the mirror caps with regular wax when I'm doing the truck.

OP
OP
ZWARRIOR

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I use foaming window cleaner on the chrome plated plastic. In fact, I just finished doing that. Grill and mirrors along with the glass.
I've never polished the little parts of a grill. I'll do the mirror caps with regular wax when I'm doing the truck.
Ah interesting. I have seen people recommend window/ headlight cleaners in the past.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Hello Beautiful people,

I am curious as to which products would be recommended to polish our chrome plated plastic grills? I was planning on using Chemical Guys Light Metal polish, but I do think it *may* be a little too rough, are there other quality products that would be recommended to polish that type of thin chrome? Recommendation on Waxes and sealants would be helpful too!
On the chrome plated plastic, I just use the polish/wax that I use on the painted body parts. Chrome polish really isnt recommended for plastic/chrome surfaces. Most chrome polishes have a reall fine grade abrasive/cleaner. This is my opinion .......for whats its worth
Sponsored