Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Ford to halt F-150 pickup output in Kansas City due to chip shortage
Reuters

Ford F-150 Claycomo to Halt Ford F-150 Production {filename}

A robot works on a Ford pre-production all-electric F-150 Lightning truck prototype at the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan, U.S. September 16, 2021.

Feb 25 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) said on Friday it will halt production at its Kansas city assembly plant that makes F-150 pickup vehicles for a week due to global semiconductor shortages.

Ford's F-150 plant in Dearborn, Michigan will continue to function, the automaker said.
F-150 is Ford's top selling vehicle and, along with other large utility vehicles and vans, generates the bulk of the company's global profit.

Earlier this month, Ford said it would continue to idle some of its assembly plants in the week of Feb. 14 due to semiconductor bottlenecks. read more

A shortage of semiconductors that are used for everything from computer management of engines to driver-assistance features has hit several automakers across the globe forcing some to produce vehicles without certain features.

Shares in Ford, which more than doubled in market value last year, closed 4% higher on Friday, with the market rebounding for a second day from the sharp selloff leading up to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Reporting by Nathan Gomes in Bengaluru; Editing by Amy Caren Daniel and Shinjini Ganguli

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...oTJpmUzuIJGz2GMSyICkv-ZPklMEpizrU1JY_BYW20Xqk
Sponsored

Reactions: J-C

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I wonder how this will impact Dearborn? My VIN indicates ny truck will be built at the DB plant.

Sponsored

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
I have a feeling my December Lariat PB order is going to be a very long wait. I just hope my leasing company allows me to extend my current Tundra lease past May on a month to month basis.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I have a feeling my December Lariat PB order is going to be a very long wait. I just hope my leasing company allows me to extend my current Tundra lease past May on a month to month basis.
Wow!

Going from a Tundra to a F150?

Boy are YOU in for a treat!

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
Your Powerboost will be built in Dearborn - so you may not have to wait as long as anyone with trucks that have KC specific options. I was 7ish months to wait on a KC truck. Mine was delivered same day with a guy who had a PB ordered in 3 months after mine. It was still 4 months from order to delivery, but still much quicker than mine.

Sponsored

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
Your Powerboost will be built in Dearborn - so you may not have to wait as long as anyone with trucks that have KC specific options. I was 7ish months to wait on a KC truck. Mine was delivered same day with a guy who had a PB ordered in 3 months after mine. It was still 4 months from order to delivery, but still much quicker than mine.
How would one find out where there order would be manufactured? I do not have a VIN yet but mine is a powerboost. Are all powerboosts made in Dearborn?

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
How would one find out where there order would be manufactured? I do not have a VIN yet but mine is a powerboost. Are all powerboosts made in Dearborn?
It is my understanding that ALL Powerboosts are made at the Dearborn plant.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Time for America to build our own semiconductor plants.
Time to bring manufacturing back home. Now i get some things you just cant but we can do this. We have the money , the people and engineering . Why do we rely on China??????

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
It is my understanding that ALL Powerboosts are made at the Dearborn plant.
This is correct. KC does not have the parts to make Powerboosts. Powerboosts, Tremors, Raptors, Lightnings all have to be made in Dearborn.
Sponsored