Sponsored

Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
The cord is tucked under the tonneau weatherstripping in the corners. At highway speeds it didn’t move at all.
You should use some bailing wire and take one of those elf on a shelf's and make it look like he's holding on to one of the ends :) Might look silly when sitting still, but when you're moving it would be HILARIOUS!

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I think if I were to do anything vehicle related for Christmas, it would be to buy a 1st gen Taurus wagon and drive around with a Christmas tree tied to the roof all December long.

If you can find one, I can't imagine a 1st gen Taurus wagon would be worth much....

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
i had a small run of lights (green, red, white) so i did a mock run in the dark. theres some learning to do on how to things to work but i have a good idea as of now. i think i need more lights though haha

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Not sure what the laws are regarding adding Christmas lights to a vehicle, but ignoring that, if you have a Powerboost or have the Pro Power Onboard option couldn't you just plug the lights into the outlet in the bed. Of course with the Pro Power the lights would only work while it is running. Maybe string a set of lights around the top of the bedrails.
Even the standard 400 watt outlet should be plenty if you use LED lighting.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Nothing glamorous about this. A little foam and electrical tape (tonneau has some sharp edges) and boom. It’s temporary though. Ordered 200 black zip tie sticky pads haha

4629BBE8-0C15-4BBF-9C84-3C25FE9AB910.jpeg

4DA4479B-29BD-430C-945C-29FEAA639E72.jpeg
Oh this is a good idea, and would love to use those sticky pads tie zips but kinda too late for me up here in Canada; we just hit -33 Celsius last night plus windchills and it’s about to get worse come tomorrow. Those sticky pads won’t stick haha 🥶

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
Great idea. I tucked lights around the perimeter beneath the weather stripping of my soft tonneau.
Ford F-150 Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens? PXL_20221204_004410303.MP

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Ford F-150 Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens? 6931B928-E6AB-40A2-B258-CACD5F8316B5

battery powered (3AA batteries) led lights. $6 at some home goods store. Took 5 min to thread though the grill and the battery box fits perfectly in one of the pockets on top of the grill when you open the hood.

Sponsored

SaSurvival

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 with 2kw PPoB
Occupation
Technical trainer
Thinking of adding a set too before Christmas comes, I used to do it on my previous F-150s by using a inverter that was installed inside the truck then just wire it out through the vent behind the rear seat, but I’m not sure about these trucks, especially those equipped with the 2.4kw and 7.2kw? Wonder if the Pro Power generator mode will even allow it to power on while the truck is in motion?
Yes it does, you will have to ack some Q’s on the display to activate but I used it on my trailer everyday to charge batteries on our summer trip.

DeeDah

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Silverado
Occupation
HumanResources
Probably isn't any laws on it, since it really hasn't been a thing...then again, if you notice the Xmas coca-cola trucks, all light up...I'm pretty sure you are ok.

I hadn't even thought about it until I read the thread title...now I'm curious...might be a weekend project lol. If I get ambitious and try it out, I'll be sure to post.
Hahaha. Sounds like we're gonna make it a thing.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Looks good! Love that LED bar modification in the grill! 🤙🏼

DeeDah

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Silverado
Occupation
HumanResources
Still looking for that link to purchase my "Tremor" light!!
Sponsored