Sponsored

Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens?

dmorrow_0723

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightening
Occupation
Biz Owner
Might not be what you where thinking.. But... Here's our entry in the 2022 Redding Lighted Christmas Parade:

This is a lightning. The setup uses the ProPower to run about 1000 LEDs Christmas lights, a 600W stereo, a controller to sync the lights to the music, and a wifi Hotspot. I made a waterproof power distribution box to house the electronics and the LV convertors. We used Gaffing tape to hold the LED strips in place (which held up surprisingly well in the rain.

Ford F-150 Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens? IMG_8921
Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Might not be what you where thinking.. But... Here's our entry in the 2022 Redding Lighted Christmas Parade:

This is a lightning. The setup uses the ProPower to run about 1000 LEDs Christmas lights, a 600W stereo, a controller to sync the lights to the music, and a wifi Hotspot. I made a waterproof power distribution box to house the electronics and the LV convertors. We used Gaffing tape to hold the LED strips in place (which held up surprisingly well in the rain.

IMG_8921.jpg
Wow! You took it to a whole 'nother level.

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager

IMG_8921.jpg
LOL, there is always that ONE house in the neighborhood.
Setting the bar high, I like it!

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent

IMG_8921.jpg
Oh I LOVE this! 👍🏼

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Yesterday my wife and I wrapped some string lights around the tonneau cover, picked the kids up from school and took them to Hersheypark's Christmas Candylane. They were so excited when I turned them on as we were leaving the parking lot. The whole way home they couldn't stop looking at them. Thanks to the OP for the inspiration.

Ford F-150 Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens? IMG_5298

Ford F-150 Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens? IMG_5425

Ford F-150 Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens? IMG_5427

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yesterday my wife and I wrapped some string lights around the tonneau cover, picked the kids up from school and took them to Hersheypark's Christmas Candylane. They were so excited when I turned them on as we were leaving the parking lot. The whole way home they couldn't stop looking at them. Thanks to the OP for the inspiration.

IMG_5298.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg
This is the perfect setup, something simple! What size string are these Christmas lights?

Jstone1911

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Commercial Construction Project Manager
It works fine if you plug them into the bed outlets. They stay on while driving too. This is my wife’s rig. I got glued the lights to the body. When you want to remove them the hot glue just pops free and leaves no marks.
I usually do a wreath on the front of my truck that’s light up too. I use low voltage lights that plug into a USB outlet I’ve installed under the hood. Works very well.

Ford F-150 Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens? 17785F83-D80C-464D-A0CB-33F593C45570

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finally got around to doing the bed lighting for now, really easy to do and the tonneau cover corners hold it down really good! Love the power on board generators in these trucks; win! Appreciate the suggestions and tips guys!

Absolutely love it, including the co-worker’s little kiddos!

—Merry Christmas y’all! 🎄🎅🏻🎁

Ford F-150 Christmas lights, anyone install on their 14th gens? 3378D1D4-F1C8-4144-8C14-BA1E3CC14733

Last edited: