• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Choosing your dealer

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am looking at a new F-150 from a dealership in the Tampa area, I have A-plan pricing through my wife who works for Ford. The list of fees they are charging me doesn't seem right, does anyone know if/and how much each of these fees i should be charged with A-plan? Also note there is no dealer fee, I'm sure its added into one of the categories below.

Thanks in advance

Doc Fee:$75.00
Lemon law: $2.00
License/Registration: $250.00
Tire fee:$5.00
Battery fee: $1.50
Electronic Filing fee: $189.00
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I am looking at a new F-150 from a dealership in the Tampa area, I have A-plan pricing through my wife who works for Ford. The list of fees they are charging me doesn't seem right, does anyone know if/and how much each of these fees i should be charged with A-plan? Also note there is no dealer fee, I'm sure its added into one of the categories below.

Thanks in advance

Doc Fee:$75.00
Lemon law: $2.00
License/Registration: $250.00
Tire fee:$5.00
Battery fee: $1.50
Electronic Filing fee: $189.00
Isn't Doc Fee exactly same as Electronic Filing Fee? Which I think is limited by A Plan to a total of $100.

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Isn't Doc Fee exactly same as Electronic Filing Fee? Which I think is limited by A Plan to a total of $100.
I spoke with another dealer today. A-plan fees should only be registration plus 75 dollars for a dealer fee. I decided not to do business with the dealership trying to charge all of the extra fees.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
For those in, near Sacramento, CA I got the following response from Harrold Ford about my order and ADM:

We do not know what the specific market adjustment is going to be on our Lightnings until we know how many we are going to be allocated. They will be sold for over MSRP we do expect due to the limited allocations.

So looking for a new dealer for my 5/19 reservation.

On Mach-e forum people said Folsom lake ford said no ADM on those orders.

EDIT: Confirming Folsom Lake Ford @ MSRP: .

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
For those in, near Sacramento, CA I got the following response from Harrold Ford about my order and ADM:

We do not know what the specific market adjustment is going to be on our Lightnings until we know how many we are going to be allocated. They will be sold for over MSRP we do expect due to the limited allocations.

Really ? Over MSRP / sticker ?

I'd find another dealer.

Sponsored

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Some dealerships out there are silly. Had to do a little searching for a no-adm dealership but it wasn't hard to find.

In anyone cares, here's who I checked in Socal:

South Bay Ford: Wouldn't commit to no-adm, no pricing
Vista Ford: ADM
Airport Marina: Apparently only communicates through an antiquated "phone call" system.
Cerritos: No adm, but very slow to respond
Autonation Torrance: No adm/no add-ons

So I changed over to Autonation Torrance. Had to call (again, this stupid "phone call" system) customer service twice to get my dealership changed, the first person I talked to said it was changed over but apparently it never was. Had to call back a few weeks later...

Wingman335

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, J200 Land Cruiser, BMW M3
Any good dealers in the Houston, TX area that won't charge a markup?

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Any good dealers in the Houston, TX area that won't charge a markup?
I switched my dealer to Granger today. I'm in Arizona and feel the price savings makes the trip worth it. Houston is a lot closer to Granger Iowa than Phoenix. Just something to consider.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Anyone in Oregon (Eugene and North) find a good dealer that won't charge ADM or add-ons? Be nice if X-Plan also worked...

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Anyone in Oregon (Eugene and North) find a good dealer that won't charge ADM or add-ons? Be nice if X-Plan also worked...
Found my own answer: Skyline Ford in Salem will not add any ADM. They will most likely charge MSRP, of course no word on X-Plan.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Some dealerships out there are silly. Had to do a little searching for a no-adm dealership but it wasn't hard to find.

In anyone cares, here's who I checked in Socal:

South Bay Ford: Wouldn't commit to no-adm, no pricing
Vista Ford: ADM
Airport Marina: Apparently only communicates through an antiquated "phone call" system.
Cerritos: No adm, but very slow to respond
Autonation Torrance: No adm/no add-ons

So I changed over to Autonation Torrance. Had to call (again, this stupid "phone call" system) customer service twice to get my dealership changed, the first person I talked to said it was changed over but apparently it never was. Had to call back a few weeks later...
Good list - thanks for asking around!

Mine is with Ken Grody Ford in Orange, CA - they seem to be straight shooters...

But it's nice to hear Autonation is an option....

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator

EDIT: Confirming Folsom Lake Ford @ MSRP: .
I made two reservations as fast as I could on my phone when it opened up. One reservation went to Folsom and one to Sacramento. I’m changing both. I heard on the Bronco forum that Walnut Creek has a very good dealership. So good they sold a Bronco on the spot, at sticker price because someone gave it up. No mark up at all. That says a lot. I would check there if I were you.

I have a Bronco coming into Carson City Ford in Nevada in the next 3 weeks. When the GM heard I had two early reservations for Lightning (one for me and one for my dad), he immediately said to switch them and he will give me sticker. Before he knew I had two reservations, he said he wasn’t sure what they were going to do about mark up on Lightning. So I will get it in writing in email, then in the sales order, with some money down on the Lightning’s to lock it in, just like we did with my Bronco.

There is horror story after horror story about people that did not lock in pricing in writing with their Broncos, who are getting hosed with 10-20k mark ups when they come in.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
I asked my dealer some questions and thought I'd share. Their stance is understandable but not exactly giving me the warm and fuzzies. It's good to know I can move around if they pull a fast one on pricing, but I'm not sure how that will affect my place in line. I will say they were kind and very responsive, which was nice.

1. Do you know (or can you share) how many Lightning reservations you have at Keller? Just curious.

i don't know how many have been reserved at Keller Ford

2. Will you have any markups over MSRP?

I believe the Lightening will be sold at MSRP.

3. Do you anticipate any incentives or discounts?

I don't anticipate any rebates to start with.

4. Is final price determined at order, or later in the process?

Final price will be determined at time of order.

5. When will payment happen? I'm assuming the process looks something like this: non-refundable deposit upon order (maybe $1000 or so), then final financing and payments due upon pickup when available. Is this generally how it works?

The deposit I anticipate will be a refundable $500 deposit. The balance will due at delivery.

6. We will need to finance at least a good portion of the cost of this vehicle. Considering my order will likely be filled a couple years from now, how will this work? Are rates only determined when financing moves forward at pick-up time? I'm a little concerned we might plan on a decent rate now and have it inflate significantly before signing anything. (I could have been more clear here - was really wondering when an interest rate would be determined. Sounds like probably upon delivery when payment is made)

I have no idea of when or what will happen with interest rates.

They did offer a concession: I hope I have answered all of your questions. I wish I could be more concise but some of the answers are not available yet.
Sponsored