• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Choosing your dealer

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
I looked for any dealer that wasn’t an Auto Nation dealer and went from there. All dealers are thieves just some more than others.
I don't believe that at all. Our dealer is about 20 miles away, we pass two others on the way that could fit your description but everyone has to make a living. If a dealer does not make any money, they can't stay in business.
I know our dealer made money off of us, at the time (early February) it was a fair deal. When my truck was finally delivered this month, they gave me an additional $1,500 off because the value of my 2018 XLT had risen in value so much. I didn't ask for it, they just asked me what I wanted to do. I told them let's stick to the original deal, if the situation was turned around, I would expect them to honor it. They then took off an additional $1,500 that I didn't even ask for. We had nothing in writing, no deposit on my order, doesn't sound like a thief to me! I have dealt with other dealers who do business very similar.
Sponsored

dingle87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150
One dealer on here is offering $1,000 below invoice. Pretty good deal for a brand new vehicle that in all likelihood wouldn’t sit on a lot more than a week for the first year.
If anyone is looking, @dealerinsider and @Granger Ford would be 2 dealers I'd recommend talking to, if you are willing to travel to buy your new truck. Straight forward, no bs type dealers who will shoot you straight. If they have answers, you'll get feedback that is truthful. If they don't know, they'll tell you they don't know and info isn't available.

Papadave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 5
Anybody recommend Ford dealer(s) in Seattle area that do no mark-up prices? MSRP only is fine.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I think the MachE is a completely different animal being handled by completely different rules.
I believe Darren Palmer is the head of Ford's EV program with the MachE and F150EV.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Any recommendations on a Texas dealer (preferably Dallas area) that can confirm they will not have ADM on the lightning? I was trying to get my reservation in quickly and chose the closest dealer (which is an AutoNation dealer) and they cannot confirm if they will or will not have markup. I take this to mean that they will have markup and I'm not going to buy from a dealership that is going to be doing that.

Villageidit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2008 Honda Element,
Occupation
Retired
Any recommendations on a Texas dealer (preferably Dallas area) that can confirm they will not have ADM on the lightning? I was trying to get my reservation in quickly and chose the closest dealer (which is an AutoNation dealer) and they cannot confirm if they will or will not have markup. I take this to mean that they will have markup and I'm not going to buy from a dealership that is going to be doing that.
I have no experience with the dealer but Bronco buyers in Texas were able to negotiate a deal with Bob Utter Ford in Sherman. I would reach out to them. I went with Granger Ford in Granger Ia for their deal.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have no experience with the dealer but Bronco buyers in Texas were able to negotiate a deal with Bob Utter Ford in Sherman. I would reach out to them. I went with Granger Ford in Granger Ia for their deal.
It looks like the mach-e list has a couple dealers in the Dallas area but I was hoping to get confirmation from someone on the lightning specifically. I'll reach out to someone at one of the other dealers soon.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
One dealer on here is offering $1,000 below invoice. Pretty good deal for a brand new vehicle that in all likelihood wouldn’t sit on a lot more than a week for the first year.
Which dealer? Feel free to PM me.
I picked Interstate Ford in Dacono because it's the closest dealer but they have a history of marking up their inventory.

Which brings up a related subject, does anyone know if and how we can change the dealer we set for our reservation?

OP
OP
Lightning.Dav

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Which brings up a related subject, does anyone know if and how we can change the dealer we set for our reservation?
Easy to change your dealer, but you have to call them. No way to do it online.

This is from a dealer email I received:
"To switch dealerships you would need to contact the hotline at 1-800-334-4375."

You will need your reservation number when you call.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.

"To switch dealerships you would need to contact the hotline at 1-800-334-4375."

Thanks man..

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco

Is this confirmed that you can switch dealers on the F150 Lightning? I know it was available for the Bronco launch, but hadn't heard about it until now for the Lightning. I'd love to have that in my back pocket if pricing/ADM goes sideways around ordering time.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Is this confirmed that you can switch dealers on the F150 Lightning? I know it was available for the Bronco launch, but hadn't heard about it until now for the Lightning. I'd love to have that in my back pocket if pricing/ADM goes sideways around ordering time.
  1. You should be able to ask your dealers NOW, whether they plan on ADM
  2. You should be able to switch dealers anytime before your reservation is converted to an order

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Curious how much thought people are putting into their choice of dealer.

I have never purchased a new Ford, so at reservation time I just put in my closest dealer (Gosch Ford in Temecula, Ca). Researching afterward, I find they have a bad reputation (Yelp) for both sales and service. So I'm considering switching to Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego.

Some of you are lucky and have great dealers nearby that you have an existing relationship with.

How are the rest of you deciding on your dealer?
Go to Encinitas Ford, no markup and they say they will take X-plan. Gosch Ford Temecula are worse than used car salesman.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Per the ford corporate FAQ page.

Can I update my dealer selection after submitting my reservation?
You may reach out to Ford Customer Support at 800-334-4375, hours of operation are M-F 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST, for assistance in updating your dealer selection. When changing dealers, there will be no impact to your reservation ID, vehicle details, or associated timestamp.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...er selection after submitting my reservation?
Sponsored