• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Choosing your dealer

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
  1. Do you have a Raptor allocation available?
  2. Are you selling at sticker (MSRP) with no "market adjustments"?
  3. Any other fee's?
After about 5 calls I finally got a yes to the first 2 and the only extra fee was documents @ $319.00. Found my dealer.......
Service can always happen at any of the dealers so that will be a new search based on feedback and proximity to me
Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
  1. You should be able to ask your dealers NOW, whether they plan on ADM
  2. You should be able to switch dealers anytime before your reservation is converted to an order
If dealer offers X-plan pricing and it is available on Lightning, can they still charge ADM or does it become a moot point?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
If dealer offers X-plan pricing and it is available on Lightning, can they still charge ADM or does it become a moot point?
More or less, yes. x-plan specifies what the sales price is. It's right there on the invoice, which they have to show you. It also limits doc fee to $100. You still have to watch them. My former dealer tried to bilk me $500 for doc fees. He also tried to saddle me with pointless and over add-ons (nitrogen, etc.) to the tune of $1,500. Also tried to charge me for normal VLT (In AZ, VLT for full EV is limited to 4% of normal).

[edit] The dealer claimed these were mistakes. Why is it that when a dealer makes a mistake, it's never in your favor?

wingfiry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It's right there on the invoice, which they have to show you.
I lost faith in the whole "showing of the invoice" thing after my roommate worked at a car dealership one time. They had a program that they used to custom print their "Invoices" with any price they wanted on them. Completely indistinguishable from the "actual" invoice. He showed me the *actual* invoice and the one they used for showing people "the invoice". the *only* difference was the "price paid". same paper stock, ink, colors, everything.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I lost faith in the whole "showing of the invoice" thing after my roommate worked at a car dealership one time. They had a program that they used to custom print their "Invoices" with any price they wanted on them. Completely indistinguishable from the "actual" invoice. He showed me the *actual* invoice and the one they used for showing people "the invoice". the *only* difference was the "price paid". same paper stock, ink, colors, everything.
I prefer to get my invoices from an unbiased 3rd party source. Although it may not be 100% correct(tied to a particular VIN#) its usually pretty close.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When buying with x-plan, the invoice has to match the price on the fordpartner.com website. So there isn't much wiggle room. The price also has to match MSRP on the monroney sticker, which can be downloaded directly. So if you get fooled by a fake invoice, that's on you. These days only the dumbest rubes are getting fooled.

wingfiry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
When buying with x-plan, the invoice has to match the price on the fordpartner.com website. So there isn't much wiggle room. The price also has to match MSRP on the monroney sticker, which can be downloaded directly. So if you get fooled by a fake invoice, that's on you. These days only the dumbest rubes are getting fooled.
This was oh... 18 yrs ago or so, so additional verifyable information is definitely more readily available now, and people can have solid numbers going in and not have to blindly trust dealerships to tell you the truth on their invoices.;-)

Jamielee

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Occupation
Social Worker
I went by location to work. Any service I need, I'd drop off and get a ride to work. If they were going to keep it, I'd have Enterprise pick me up. The dealer I picked, Damerow Ford, was the only one who had a rep. the auto show when the MachE came out (had a deposit on MachE which I changed to F150) so that was good sign they were interested in EV sales.

I am in Oregon do you know if Damerow is selling at MSRP. I just looked up my selected dealership and they are asking over MSRP on several vehicles they weren't when I picked them.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I am in Oregon do you know if Damerow is selling at MSRP. I just looked up my selected dealership and they are asking over MSRP on several vehicles they weren't when I picked them.
Since we can't order yet, we don't really even know the price of the F150's yet. I'd guess all dealers try to markup in demand vehicles, kind of basic business practice.

My only contact with Damerow was at the car show two years ago when they had MachE and I had a deposit. Damerow "showed" so I thought that was good sign of interest in the MachE and EV;s.

Ford was very aggressive with countering that on the MachE to the point telling people to contact Ford and they would contact the dealer and if the dealer didn't go back to list price Ford would find the customer a list price car.

Kind of funny we are begging for List Price vs. getting a better car deal.

Jamielee

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Occupation
Social Worker
Since we can't order yet, we don't really even know the price of the F150's yet. I'd guess all dealers try to markup in demand vehicles, kind of basic business practice.

My only contact with Damerow was at the car show two years ago when they had MachE and I had a deposit. Damerow "showed" so I thought that was good sign of interest in the MachE and EV;s.

Ford was very aggressive with countering that on the MachE to the point telling people to contact Ford and they would contact the dealer and if the dealer didn't go back to list price Ford would find the customer a list price car.

Kind of funny we are begging for List Price vs. getting a better car deal.
I absolutely agree, I have never even paid MSRP before so thinking of paying above MSRP just isn't sitting well.

Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I absolutely agree, I have never even paid MSRP before so thinking of paying above MSRP just isn't sitting well.
And I think that is going to harder on the F150 EV. It is really is the biggest game changer since Tesla as it goes to the heart of transition to EV's by taking the iconic F150 from 20th century to 21st. At 4.4 the thing is a fast as my Tesla.

Demand for it is going to be big and with supply limited pressure for mark up will be make it bigger. Hard for dealers to resist. Ford might keep them corraled for the first production run but after that I bet it will be hard to get one for list price.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm also looking for a good Oregon Dealer, the one I originally signed up for was absolutely clueless when I called Yesterday for more details. Specifically looking for an Oregon Dealer (I5 corridor Eugene to Portland) that accepts X-Plan.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm also looking for a good Oregon Dealer, the one I originally signed up for was absolutely clueless when I called Yesterday for more details. Specifically looking for an Oregon Dealer (I5 corridor Eugene to Portland) that accepts X-Plan.
Don't talk to a sales droid. Most of them will be gone by the time you are ready for delivery. Get a hold of GM and talk to him.

OP
OP
Lightning.Dav

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Quick update: I did change my dealer by calling Ford Customer Support at 800-334-4375. They did not ask for my res#, just my name and phone number. A couple minutes on hold, a couple for the computer tp make the changes (switching deposit money) and it was done.

Only thing is on my bank (credit card) site the old dealer deposit shows a credit, but no charge to new dealer yet.

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Quick update: I did change my dealer by calling Ford Customer Support at 800-334-4375. They did not ask for my res#, just my name and phone number. A couple minutes on hold, a couple for the computer tp make the changes (switching deposit money) and it was done.

Only thing is on my bank (credit card) site the old dealer deposit shows a credit, but no charge to new dealer yet.
If it works similar to how they handled dealer changes for the Bronco, you won’t get charged a new deposit for the new dealer.

Once I changed dealers, I was refunded my $100, and then didn’t have to pay anything to the new dealer until I converted my reservation to an actual order with a deposit.

Not saying it will be the same but the process looks identical so far.
Sponsored