Choosing Dearborn or Kansas City for your truck's production?

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SCREW
Occupation
Education
Hi Everyone, Maybe this is for Albert?

Is there a way that when you order, you can designate which factory can produce your truck? Might sound crazy but just curious, is all.

Hope your all doing well, so stay safe, and healthy!!

Fredm2002

discothan

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I don't believe so. I screenshot this production note from CurryBob. It quickly details which plant will handle certain build specifications....read down to "Plant Specific Content"

This doesn't list everything optionable.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 210142.jpg

Last edited:

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege
I’m pretty certain there is no way to select your desired plant. Especially with how it seems they are all hands on deck trying to get production up to speed.

A few particular options will dictate which plant your truck will be built at. For instance, Guard Green is only available at the Claycomo plant, and Power Retractable Running Boards are only available in Dearborn (at least for the 2021 model year).

It is speculated that higher trim trucks get built out of Dearborn, however, I got a Lariat 502A with nearly every option box checked slated to be built out of Claycomo. I take this as a good sign they are trying get orders picked up as fast as possible.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch F150 PowerBoost; 2020 Lexus RX350; 2016 Dodge Challanger Hellcat
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
The two above are exactly right.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I’m pretty certain there is no way to select your desired plant. Especially with how it seems they are all hands on deck trying to get production up to speed.

A few particular options will dictate which plant your truck will be built at. For instance, Guard Green is only available at the Claycomo plant, and Power Retractable Running Boards are only available in Dearborn (at least for the 2021 model year).

It is speculated that higher trim trucks get built out of Dearborn, however, I got a Lariat 502A with nearly every option box checked slated to be built out of Claycomo. I take this as a good sign they are trying get orders picked up as fast as possible.
Yep KR 600A is the highest trim that can be built in KC. But I assume that XL/XLT can still be built in Dearborn if the color permits and you dont get HDPP or 8' bed. Otherwise I don't see how Dearborn can stay full! The workhorse trims make up way more volume than upper trims...

Advertisement

Advertisement