• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordered an Escape PHEV - Is There an Adapter for the FCSP?

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I have a 2023 Ford Escape PHEV on order. Is there an adapter that will allow me to use my Ford Charge Station Pro with that vehicle since the plugs are different?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No. But you can plug the Escape into the Lightning.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
You need a CCS to J1772 adapter, or something that just extends the J1772 portion of the connector, which does not seem to exist even though lots of people are asking for one to use with their Ford CSP to other vehicles like the Nissan Leaf. But I don't think there's much market for it overall.

OP
OP

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
No. But you can plug the Escape into the Lightning.
My wife would really like that!! It would be bad enough that the charger is not on the INSIDE of the garage!!

Of course, her local government employer currently has free charging at work for the public, although that is not guaranteed to continue going forward as that will be decided on a fiscal-by-fiscal year basis through the County's budget process.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My wife would really like that!! It would be bad enough that the charger is not on the INSIDE of the garage!!

Of course, her local government employer currently has free charging at work for the public, although that is not guaranteed to continue going forward as that will be decided on a fiscal-by-fiscal year basis through the County's budget process.
The other option is using the 120v plug in the garage, making sure that it is pretty much by itself on the circuit. If she depletes the entire battery, it should recharge in 10 to 11 hours, which for most people would work.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Maybe you could find a j1772 extension handle like https://ev-lectron.com/products/lec...F2VWRO0mmiAC2RRor6uwIFfxGH810hrxoC0XYQAvD_BwE

Then with a Dremel or other cutting/shaping device remove the part of the extension cord connector that interferes with the ccs connection.
Looks like somebody did just that. This is one of the reviews.

Works perfect after a little modification
Bought for use with a Ford Pro Station Charger. My driveway is really tight so I need this extension to reach outside of the garage.
Because the Ford Pro Station comes with a CCS1 plug I needed to cut away some of the material of the shroud to allow the CCS1 to latch onto the J1772 port.
It limits the charging speed but allows me to use the charger in the garage that is hooked up to my dedicated EV electrical meter for reduced cost. It will pay for itself over time!
Thanks Lectron.
Would love to see an 80 AMP version in the future

DanFab

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
You need a CCS to J1772 adapter, or something that just extends the J1772 portion of the connector, which does not seem to exist even though lots of people are asking for one to use with their Ford CSP to other vehicles like the Nissan Leaf. But I don't think there's much market for it overall.
I found this J1772 to NEMA 14-50 adapter online which should permit the FCSP CCS connector to be daisy chained to any NEMA 14-50 based 240v mobile charger. I don’t need it so I haven’t tried it but have a look.

http://modularevpower.com/Sales_J1772_to_NEMA_14-50_Adapters.htm

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I found this J1772 to NEMA 14-50 adapter online which should permit the FCSP CCS connector to be daisy chained to any NEMA 14-50 based 240v mobile charger. I don’t need it so I haven’t tried it but have a look.

http://modularevpower.com/Sales_J1772_to_NEMA_14-50_Adapters.htm
Interesting product, but I have questions... Not sure this would be a good solution for anything. If the FCSP charge cord will plug into it, which it might since the J1772 connector protrudes from the unit, possibly leaving clearance for the CCS portion to slip by, then it might work to get power. But to use this to power another mobile charger or something just seems like a complete kludge at best.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
crazy that ford sells the charge station pro with ccs connector AND sell's PHEV's that need a J1772 connector. but no adaptor for sale! :ROFLMAO:

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
You could by a j1772 extension cord and cut the end off and open the pro charger and hook up in parallel to the other cord.
2 cords, big deal.
Sponsored