First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A 360 Camera 7.2KW
Occupation
Retired
I have 25k on my truck, live in the city.

checked my filter, was dark brown dirty.

bought a new one on Amazon…

Motorcraft FA1883 Air Filter https://a.co/d/14QGjMr

picked up 2mpg the next 500 miles.

just a PSA.
Interesting. Question, what is the url that you pasted? I know this is not amazon

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
Interesting. Question, what is the url that you pasted? I know this is not amazon
Its a format for their shortened links. These shortened links are useful in certain scenarios like when you have limited characters to share a link, or advertising somewhere where someone might not be able to click or copy/paste.

Sponsored

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
What engine do you have? Amazon says it won't fit a 22 but I never put in engine type. 5.0 here.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I tend to change the engine and cabin filters with every oil change (roughly annually). They are always discolored and occasionally have captured large debris like leaves and seeds from trees.

rustylocke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Ford Dealership
Also check all your fluids. Trans, diffs, etc when they come from Ford most fluids are low in order to save money. the dealerships miss these thinking it's got to be new surely there is plenty of fluids, but that's not true. We service a lot of Fords that come from other dealerships that are super low on diff fluid.

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
How can one pick up MPG just by replacing the air filter in a fuel injected, computer controlled engine?

Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
His filter must have been really filled with debris, causing air to not flow as well.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Its a format for their shortened links. These shortened links are useful in certain scenarios like when you have limited characters to share a link, or advertising somewhere where someone might not be able to click or copy/paste.
I think the forum is shortening those links. Makes it impossible to tell if it is a spoofed destination. Thanks a bunch Mr. Web Designer... (not referring to Bart here)

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
Also check all your fluids. Trans, diffs, etc when they come from Ford most fluids are low in order to save money. the dealerships miss these thinking it's got to be new surely there is plenty of fluids, but that's not true. We service a lot of Fords that come from other dealerships that are super low on diff fluid.
This is interesting.
My front diff is being rebuilt (7700mi) due to a vibration I noticed. Tech said there is metal in the front diff oil and it smells burnt....How the heck does that happen???? A diff should last the life of a vehicle under normal conditions...especially in the front.
Ill ask the service advisor if the tech noticed low oil. Not sure if Ill get the truth but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Darrell
Sponsored