Charging Bass Boat On The Road

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I don't know why it took me so long to think of this use case, but the Pro Power Onboard could be used to keep my bass boat batteries charged while staying out of town (hotel etc), or even while driving home from a tournament. Might take a little creative cable management but folks plug stuff in on trailers all of the time.
Sponsored

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I don't know why it took me so long to think of this use case, but the Pro Power Onboard could be used to keep my bass boat batteries charged while staying out of town (hotel etc), or even while driving home from a tournament. Might take a little creative cable management but folks plug stuff in on trailers all of the time.
You might want to check it the ProPower is ON while driving. I believe I read in the 2021 manual that the ProPowerOnboard only works while the truck is idle/OFF

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
You might want to check it the ProPower is ON while driving. I believe I read in the 2021 manual that the ProPowerOnboard only works while the truck is idle/OFF
One of the demo videos I saw of it described that you could plug in your trailer and keep the AC running so your trailer is fully cooled when you get to your site. So I would assume that you could also charge your boat batteries as well.

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I am curious on this for sure. Maybe i'll try the ford chat since thats all they are good for these days.

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
It
The manual says it works in drive but can have decreased power if idling in D. Ford also confirmed that it works while driving.
Sponsored