• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Chapman and Granger Lightning allocation?

Skeighle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 tacoma, 2013 crv, lightning preorder
@dealerinsider @Granger Ford given the news of allocation throttling for the bronco, are these dealers expecting limited allocations for lightnings? Would love some feedback. Seems like ford only doesn't like dealers adjusting prices down, 20k markup on mach e is acknowledged and not discouraged, granger gets throttled over a 1k discount. Lame.
Sponsored

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
Consensus says yes they will get throttled for the lightning. But the real answer is we don’t know.

My good friend is my Ford dealer. He sold us my wife’s explorer at invoice last year. I asked about the lightning and he said he really didn’t know. They haven’t heard from Ford yet.

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
So the situation is if you want your Truck at MSRP or below you may have to wait a little while. For those who are impatient and want to overpay they will be in a lightning much sooner. As someone who recently switched dealers for a better discount I can live with waiting a little while longer. Does it suck? Yeah but its not the end of the world if I can save a couple of dollars. My concern is now how long the EV credit will hold out for.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Ford can’t afford to mess up the Lightning launch considering their huge financial commitment to producing mass appeal EVs.

Looks like they’re headed in that direction though.

Communication with reservation holders could be better. I received nothing from Ford related to Lightning since acknowledging receipt of my deposit and providing a time stamp.

My reservation is with Chapman.

Edit:spelling
Ford is going to sell every Lightning they build whether Granger/Chapman sell them all under MSRP or if the whiny dealers who got out-competed by Granger/Chapman sell them for $10k markup.

So, Ford doesn't really care who sells them UNLESS they get so too much blowback and bad press from customers for going back on their word and caving to the uncompetitive dealers.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
So the situation is if you want your Truck at MSRP or below you may have to wait a little while. For those who are impatient and want to overpay they will be in a lightning much sooner. As someone who recently switched dealers for a better discount I can live with waiting a little while longer. Does it suck? Yeah but its not the end of the world if I can save a couple of dollars. My concern is now how long the EV credit will hold out for.
Yeah, that's a good point. If you don't get the credit, it actually might COST you money to go with the dealer that offers the best price and service.

Sponsored

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Yeah, that's a good point. If you don't get the credit, it actually might COST you money to go with the dealer that offers the best price and service.
And if that happens I will just hold off on buying until either more incentives pass or I can pick one up years down the road. I went into this whole ordeal cautiously optimistic about the cheapness of the pro price and said to myself if there was any sign of dealer shenanigans or I somehow did not receive at least the $7,500 credit I would bail.

But for now I will still hold on until the credit runs out or when I walk up to the dealer and he says that will be $10k extra.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
A little delay makes sense. But I can see a lot of folks getting upset if they have an early (day 1) reservation and get pushed to 2024 or 2025 (or out of Gen 1 completely)

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
A little delay makes sense. But I can see a lot of folks getting upset if they have an early (day 1) reservation and get pushed to 2024 or 2025 (or out of Gen 1 completely)
In that case I better prepare myself for the Silverado pre orders.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
In that case I better prepare myself for the Silverado pre orders.
Serious question... do you think these will be handled any better? I am skeptical. It just seems like the delay is the delay is the delay, across the board. Moving to another mfr will just bump you back to the end of the line for the whole cluster.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
@dealerinsider @Granger Ford given the news of allocation throttling for the bronco, are these dealers expecting limited allocations for lightnings? Would love some feedback. Seems like ford only doesn't like dealers adjusting prices down, 20k markup on mach e is acknowledged and not discouraged, granger gets throttled over a 1k discount. Lame.

I hate to make predictions anymore.

We had 1300 reservations for the Bronco and converted over 1,000 to orders.

The lightning we have 113 reservations as of today. not nearly as big of a deviation from the mean as the Bronco. So I'd imagine if we get harmed, it certainly won't be as significant as the Bronco. We also have traditionally done better with F-series sales than Ford SUV sales.

OP
OP

Skeighle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 tacoma, 2013 crv, lightning preorder
I hate to make predictions anymore.

We had 1300 reservations for the Bronco and converted over 1,000 to orders.

The lightning we have 113 reservations as of today. not nearly as big of a deviation from the mean as the Bronco. So I'd imagine if we get harmed, it certainly won't be as significant as the Bronco. We also have traditionally done better with F-series sales than Ford SUV sales.
Thanks for chiming in!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The only clowns who will buy the Lightning above MSRP are those who will make that money back with one Video Review or Social Media post. Unlike the Mach-E, the Lightning has a direct competitor within the Ford Lineup, unless you are adamant about having an EV Truck, there is no reason to pay these dealers. Might as well just go for a Rivian or get a PB F-150.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
The only clowns who will buy the Lightning above MSRP are those who will make that money back with one Video Review or Social Media post. Unlike the Mach-E, the Lightning has a direct competitor within the Ford Lineup, unless you are adamant about having an EV Truck, there is no reason to pay these dealers. Might as well just go for a Rivian or get a PB F-150.
I suspect there are great deal many more clowns than that... I agree that there is no reason to pay a premium but by definition clowns are lacking in reason.

The entire point of a reservation system is to ensure equal access to a product in high demand and in short supply.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I suspect there are great deal many more clowns than that... I agree that there is no reason to pay a premium but by definition clowns are lacking in reason.

The entire point of a reservation system is to ensure equal access to a product in high demand and in short supply.
Eh, as much as I hate to admit it, I can see people reasoning their way into paying a modest premium, especially if sprung at the last minute. Let's say you order your truck, you have been waiting 3 years for it to come in, and when it finally does the dealer slaps a $500 ADM on it. Do you pay it, or get back in line at another dealer and wait another 3 years?
Sponsored