First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 3.5l EB
Occupation
Retired
I'm one of the many who like the non-chrome look of the Sport trim but REALLY dislike the brown interior accents. Any thoughts on the feasibility and cost of replacing those parts post-delivery? These would have to be in Ford's Parts catalog, right? It looks like there are seven specific items - two on the dash top, the four upper door trims and the padded console cover.

My hope would be that these would not be too outrageously expensive and that my dealer's body shop could install these with just an hour or so of labor. Thoughts on this?

Chris
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I think it may end up being fairly expensive, but certainly feasible. I'm afraid you may have to replace the complete door panels, as I'm not sure just the brown part will have separate part numbers for purchase? You'll have to see what the parts counter people can figure out.

When I saw the computer renderings of the reddish brown accents I tried to convince myself I liked them, and that they would go well with a rapid red exterior. When I saw them in person, and saw they were more brown I had to cross the Lariat Sport off my list completely.

I think the number one complaint on this forum is the lack of flexibility on colors, interior and exterior, all the various grills, and many of the various options. Ford just doesn't let you mix and match the things you want like we could in the good old days. But having shopped GM and to some extent RAM, I think Ford allows the most choice, but there are still some of these things that become deal breakers on certain trims.

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
I'm one of the many who like the non-chrome look of the Sport trim but REALLY dislike the brown interior accents. Any thoughts on the feasibility and cost of replacing those parts post-delivery? These would have to be in Ford's Parts catalog, right? It looks like there are seven specific items - two on the dash top, the four upper door trims and the padded console cover.

My hope would be that these would not be too outrageously expensive and that my dealer's body shop could install these with just an hour or so of labor. Thoughts on this?

Chris
This is the internal rendering of the Sport package on the Lariat build available for Canada. I would have felt the same as you on not liking the accent color, had this not been the option.
Ford F-150 Changing the Lariat Sport Brown Accents 1609018797291

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
This is the internal rendering of the Sport package on the Lariat build available for Canada. I would have felt the same as you on not liking the accent color, had this not been the option.
1609018797291.png
Quite sure that rendering is wrong. Any real life pics of Canadian Lariat Sports have the red-brown accent.

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
Quite sure that rendering is wrong. Any real life pics of Canadian Lariat Sports have the red-brown accent.
I have just been double checking myself and coming to the same conclusion. Interior color just states black but I am coming up with the brown accents too on other searches. Want higher spec than STX ( think they have best grills). Not keen on King Ranch trim. Cost and options of higher range models not wanted plus color choice is also limited above Lariat level. They are all assembled along the same production line mixed models. You would have thought options would have been easier mix and match across the range. Have found a Velocity Blue Sport video which is my color choice. Just trying to convince myself it does not look too bad in real life. Looking at the pictures hope this has the door part way open otherwise panel fit looks poor. Plus there appears to be a seam stitching problem on the passenger seat shoulder.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chris McN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think it may end up being fairly expensive, but certainly feasible. I'm afraid you may have to replace the complete door panels, as I'm not sure just the brown part will have separate part numbers for purchase? You'll have to see what the parts counter people can figure out.

When I saw the computer renderings of the reddish brown accents I tried to convince myself I liked them, and that they would go well with a rapid red exterior. When I saw them in person, and saw they were more brown I had to cross the Lariat Sport off my list completely.

I think the number one complaint on this forum is the lack of flexibility on colors, interior and exterior, all the various grills, and many of the various options. Ford just doesn't let you mix and match the things you want like we could in the good old days. But having shopped GM and to some extent RAM, I think Ford allows the most choice, but there are still some of these things that become deal breakers on certain trims.
I'd go after the dash accents first. To me they look the worst of all. You are probably correct about needing to replace the full door panel. The dash panels might be separate items.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I would suggest you look at differently. Rather than changing the interior, purchase the chrome with the interior you want. Then have the chrome wrapped to match the paint if you desire . Both bumpers wrapped to match your paint would be about $300( a guess). The wraps are amazing.

OP
OP

Chris McN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I would suggest you look at differently. Rather than changing the interior, purchase the chrome with the interior you want. Then have the chrome wrapped to match the paint if you desire . Both bumpers wrapped to match your paint would be about $300( a guess). The wraps are amazing.
Thanks - I'll check that out. Looks like Ford forces the 20" chrome wheels over the painted alloy which is too bad. They sure don't make this easy......

Steve the Dude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
1609018797291.png
I think that's actually the grey leather interior.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I feel the same. Those colors pretty much have me waiting on the tremor. I don’t need the off-road capabilities necessarily, but I like the interior, exhaust, grille, etc.

As far as fixing the lariat, door panels do usually come apart, but they are usually plastic welded together. Like when you see the plastic mushroomed out/melted. Then you have to have a full other panel (junkyard) to get the black pieces to do it cheaply. Unless you buy new ones which would prob be over $600 each. I don’t know if a good upholstery shop could just dye the original parts??

Once I saw the red in person though, I didn’t think it was as terrible as it was in my head.

Sponsored

N1TJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat EB 4x4 - Oxford White
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller • USAF Veteran

Chris
You’re not alone! I fully expect it to be pricey but intend to check with Ford or any custom interior upholstery companies to get a quote. Some of those aftermarket companies would likely be able to pull the pieces and wrap them in a different accent color like grey or or just a matching black.

It’s a shame this isn’t optional. That brown only looks decent with the white or black trucks... not overly thrilled to see it with my Velocity Blue! ☹

OP
OP

Chris McN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
As the OP on this thread, I have to say that after taking delivery of my Lariat Sport this week that I actually like the red/brown accents. The contrast is WAY more subtle in real-life vs. the online pictures. After being really negative on it pre-delivery, I can honestly say that I might have chosen this over all-black if I'd seen the two side-by-side before ordering,

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
As the OP on this thread, I have to say that after taking delivery of my Lariat Sport this week that I actually like the red/brown accents. The contrast is WAY more subtle in real-life vs. the online pictures. After being really negative on it pre-delivery, I can honestly say that I might have chosen this over all-black if I'd seen the two side-by-side before ordering,
It adds a classy contrast to the interior.

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Had anyone had any progress here? I too would love the black interior on a sport. Kinda curious to see if they allow it on 22’s

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I took the time to find in person examples of each of the interiors. I went with black in the end myself as there is already a two tone effect with the door panels and dash... adding a third color (no matter which) just made it seem busy to me. Had the sport been available without the brown, I would have opted for the sport package as I liked everything else about it.
Sponsored