First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB, 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Retired
Exactly not sure why people don't understand that this was done this way for a reason.

A quick look you know what mode you are in
He said he wanted it to display his color in the 360 degree mode (in addition to drive mode, which, if he wants it this way, it could be his decision if Ford would allow it)
Sponsored

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Not sure Apple is a good example. Ford has a lot more options where Apple is limited. You add what you want which goes for the truck too.
But some of the small things people crab about is nuts. I bought a $76K truck. I bought it for the maximum things that I wanted. Not the petty stuff. If you are looking at your screen too much worrying about color, you'll be wrapped around a pole soon.
You want to complain about something, complain about their Navigation for instance.
I've had prob 4+ Fords that had/have nav. There is a main drag here that has been there for over 4 years. Ford has of yet updated their maps. But I'd rather deal with it than have external crap hanging off my dash. Everyone else's maps are pretty much updated.. I've had Sync 3.3, 3.4 and now 4...
Ford charges a subscription and will add more onto it when Bluecruise is fully released. All I've asked for is the road to be added. Especially if they want to charge subscriptions. Spoke to reps on the phone and nobody has a clue how to handle it. Maybe they ought to talk to Apple, Garmin, Google, etc. Their maps are correct and Garmin stopped map subscriptions years ago.
Oh well......
Now where is that dang Colby and Jack! ;)
You've got this right! This is my 5th vehicle with Ford's navigation - and it "stinks". It wants to take you down a gravel road to save 1 mile on a 3 mile trip. Will take you down routes that dead-end into a creek. Frankly, there should be an option to avoid unpaved roads except when necessary. The cost to do an upgrade is ridiculous, considering that Google Maps is far superior and free. (But the OP should be able to enjoy the color of his truck on the screen without wrapping around a pole)

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You are absolutely correct. This is supposed to be a like-minded community of F150 enthusiasts. We want to talk to each other, draw on other's experiences, learn tips, share interesting tidbits. No one should be discouraged.

The OP was told to Google for his answer. I was just wondering, if the Grunwald family created a family website and cousin Tom wanted to know what year Aunt Betty married Uncle Tom, should he Google it before feeling enabled to ask the Grunwald family website? (this is an analogy for the trolls)

OK, I am through being irritated by the unfriendly posts in this thread. Sorry for being a grouch and being guilty of the same that I'm accusing others.

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
He also ask why, and was explained why, but didn't like the answer.
I don't see anywhere that he asked why. He did explain "why" he had made the post. Quote: " I did a search and no such question came up...thus why I asked." So, he was explained why (you say) for what question? He asked if there was a way to do it. I don't think anyone that answered can authoritatively say that it can't be done (through ForScan, for instance). Admittedly, it seems very unlikely.

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If it makes you feel any better my VW Atlas also shows a dull grey vehicle on screen not the black that i owe. I wonder if any other brands actually do this in their software, such an easy customization to make of only they paid attention to detail.

Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
I like the color change for drive mode. I use normal (blue) and tow/haul (yellow). And I like that it asks if I want to return to Tow/Haul once I turn the truck off and back on. Life is good and better with the 21 F-150s that actually got shipped.
Used Tow/Haul for the first time tonight and LOVE the prompt to keep it in Tow/Haul - wish it did the same for Sport mode. :cool:

GMILF's Truck

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Occupation
Retired
you are, apparently, offended by this question?
Damn, your truck is an exact copy of , mine. Or ours is a copy of yours...
I fully understand emojis. I don't read what I wrote as whining. I read it as asking a legitimate question. I did a search and no such question came up...thus why I asked. isn't a forum a place where we SHOULD come ask about things our trucks can and can't do? that's the point right? to find things we either didn't know it could do...or find out something we want can't be done.
Damn, Your truck looks just like ours...or ours looks just like yours. And I am whining (with cheese of course)about not having the ability to change the display truck's color to match the truck it is in. I wanna change the color...I wanna, I wanna, I wanna...
This is our first ford in 40 years and first new vehicle in 30 years. We really needed a new truck and because of COVID-19 supply issues we settled for less equipment than desired. BUT, I am unbelievably happy with this truck, even with the abbreviated equipment list. Comfortable, quiet, and with 400hp + 500lb/ft it has plenty of power to tow our 23' travel trailer or our 23' Maxum boat.

Ford F-150 Changing color of truck on screen and cluster F-150

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Not to worry. All’s good. I get it. You don’t like cheese. Lactose problem? That sux. Love Colby…..?

Suggestion: Google your question first if you cannot find it here. Most of the time, you’ll find an answer quicker.
Have fun!

Ya really gotta wonder though about that thread with hundreds of posts of what they hate about their truck. Ugh.
When you find yourself deep in a hole it's best sometimes to stop digging.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I have a 2021 lariat. This is a little thing but kind of a pet peeve. the truck that shows in both the 360 view as well as on the instrument cluster is blue while my truck is red. any way to change the color to match? I know I know...first world problems!

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I have a 2021 lariat. This is a little thing but kind of a pet peeve. the truck that shows in both the 360 view as well as on the instrument cluster is blue while my truck is red. any way to change the color to match? I know I know...first world problems!
Question and concern is legit! Dont worry about the nay sayers. You would think with all of the technology today that would be something that could be changed. The picture on my FORD PASS app was white and I was able to go in the options part and change it to Race red like my truck. dont let people get under your skin about your opinions and questions......save that breath you may need it someday enjoy your truck!
Sponsored